C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Do you still think Russell Wilson sucks? He's black.
    The thing is Russell Wilson actually has a brain, and the determination and all that other stuff. He is a good leader. If he was 6'4 I think he would be able to make it, but he's too short and isn't a very good pocket passer. They are doing all kinds of things to make it easier on him but other teams are going to pick that up and exploit him. He is still not a very good pocket passer and I don't see it happening. He has a great team around him and he is winning as a game a manager but I think once the talent goes down around him the losses will mount and then what do you have? A not a very good passer on a not a very good team.

Russell Wilson won't make it for his physical limitations. Vince Young and the others failed because of their brains and attitudes.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Watch the highlights. Watch Shannon Sharpe or ESPN.

White Safety picks the ball off and runs back for a TD. Shannon Sharpe has to make some comment like, "It took him forever to run that ball back", or just listen to the commentary.

Or how about how Jason LaCenfora said that Nick Foles sucks AFTER HE HAS 1 BAD GAME, his 2nd game of the year and says the Eagles obviously should get rid of him and move on to somebody else. Is that what they do with shitty black QB's? Has Jason LaCenfora said that Gina Smith is not the answer, or EJ Manuel, or Terrel Pryor or anybody else?
    Jokes about white peoples athleticism goes back to the old "white men cant jump" thing. But people like you who say black people cant play QB is an insult their intellegence. Way different situation.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Steve Young knows how to pass. He wasn't only a runner.

Russell Wilson is HYPER over rated right now.

Cam Newton probably won't make it either. His pocket awareness is awful.
    But Newton's trajectory now is more like that of your described traditional QB. He improved in year 2 and has improved more in year 3. It would be difficult to argue otherwise.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Black_QB's suck View Post
    I just do not understand how someone like Shanahan with all of his experience. Lets face it, I have no doubt he knows more aBOUT football than me. Yet I could easily see how Griffin's future would end up and as stated, had a little panic when the colts acted like they were thinking of taking him over Luck although I think that was BS to satisfy the racists out there and hardcore liberals. It was so obvious to see but these guys who have been in the NFL for decades couldn't see it? Shanahan had Elway so he knows what a real qb is.
    Shanihan's scheme calls for a mobile QB. Elways was mobile. Plummer was mobile. He liked Plummer a lot. Plummer sucked but he sent him to the pro bowl. Yeah he got something out of Brian Griese but it's better with a mobile guy.

Luck is mobile but RG3 is a runner. Yes they thought about it but it was an easy call on Luck. Luck is the most complete passer to come out since Eli Manning.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Jokes about white peoples athleticism goes back to the old "white men cant jump" thing. But people like you who say black people cant play QB is an insult their intellegence. Way different situation.
    Nobody said black people can't play QB, but they have a very poor record. Just like nobody said white running backs can't happen, but it is rare and the ones in the league aren't very good.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    But Newton's trajectory now is more like that of your described traditional QB. He improved in year 2 and has improved more in year 3. It would be difficult to argue otherwise.
    I agree with you but I think a lot of that "improvement" is due to being more of a game manager and the defense. I don't think he improved a lot, I think what was asked of him improved a lot. Carolina is good this year but they are a run the ball and play defense team. In year 1 he had some 300 yard games early in the year and then he regressed at the end of the year. Thing is they were losing all their games.

I don't think Cam is stupid, I think he is smarter than average but I think he lacks some emotional intelligence. I wouldn't write Cam off, he is the best athlete at QB and I really don't think he is dumb, but I also don't see him making it as an elite passer. He will have to be a slash type player only better.

C-Gold

Insiders saw this coming since last year. RG3 is a drama queen fraud.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

How come when somebody says that white running backs suck or white defensive backs suck most white people say you are right and then they move on.

When somebody points out Gino Smith sucks or RG3 sucks then black people say NO NO NO NO and get all heated and say it is the coaches fault, the receivers fault or blah blah blah. Insecure black guys take it personal and try and turn into a racial thing because that's what you know how to do. Just call the other person racist and the mean white guy will just go away.
    White rb and db don't suck. They just rarely exist at higher levels of sport.

gino sucks. Rg has skills to succeed But is he mentally and physically ready to put it all together?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

RG might need a better qb coach, offensive coordinator and head coach to do better

Maybe he was not 100%

Next year will be a better judge

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    RG might need a better qb coach, offensive coordinator and head coach to do better

Maybe he was not 100%

Next year will be a better judge
    I really feel like he has one of the best possible coaching staffs for his skills.

First 12