sirmartingale
    sirmartingale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are the Colts (Pick'em) at Ravens a trap?

This like seems unreal to me. I know some people are probably thinking the Colts won't play well in weather, but the report says 57 degrees and 17% chance of rain. Thats not bad. The Ravens pass D is not very good this year, and the run D is only elite when Ngata plays, which he didn't this week. The Ravens can't get pressure without blitzing being a 3-4 team with slow D lineman, and you can't blitz Manning. The CBs are subpar, and they have to face a nice set of WRs. Freeney will face rookie LT Oher.

That being said this line seems to good to be true which means it probably is. Someone please convince me not to bet on the Colts.

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Colts own the Ravens...they beat em every time...plus the Ravens have a short week...having said that, I'd stay away from it...

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

The Colts want no part of going undefeated. Too much pressure. So they will tank one of these road games in the next few weeks, I think this week or next week at Houston. It's just impossible to guess if they will show up and play.

podunk
    podunk's Avatar Become A Pro!

pound indy...the colts own the ravens...suggs and heap are hurt...

balman
    balman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1451

bookmaker has indy as +1 -110 and ML as even money... i'm shocked by this line to, same concern is this a trapp game what do the bookies know that we dont? my only fear is "can Balt run wild, with ray rice, on indy?"... i tell you this Colt looks like a winner to me!! what gives with Indy +1

podunk

the colts are pretty sound on d this year. only given up a 100 yards to two rushers. steven jackson, majority of his yards came in the 4th quarter when the colts played prevent. and ronnie brown hit them hard with the wildcat.

woody78
    woody78's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seems weird to me, because what I saw from the Ratbirds last night would make me think they'd be lucky to score 17 and I:m sure Indy's good for at least 20. Will probably lay off this one, but surprised it's not INdy -2.5 or 3.

yorksdicks
    yorksdicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

If it seems to good to be true it usually is!!!

Pap45murF
    Pap45murF's Avatar Become A Pro!

Prime pickin's for a 7 point tease. Let's see Ravens beat Colts at +8.

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

so the consensus is the line for indy is not right? they should win easily?

if so, then put your money on the Ravens!! LOL

with the luck I have been having, this is a sure winner

Robust

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Baltimore is capable of beating the Colts. Since it's on grass and outdoor's anythings possible. Manning's timing might be off, throwing in the cold.

ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Weather and in Baltimore will play a factor, but the Ravens have not been playing well lately. The second game against the Bengals as well as the Monday night game against the Browns was pathetic even though they won 16-0. But look at the Ravens at the beginning of the year, certainly a capable team, going undefeated the first 7 games (4 preseason doesn't say much), losing to the patriots by 6 because of a dropped pass on a certain touchdown drive in the last minute game. Ravens should have beat the vikings if not for a missed field goal, and the first game vs. the Bengals could have easily been a win had the refs not killed them and Ray Lewis putting on that cheapshot.

Ravens need a GOOD win against a solid team, this would be the greatest time to do it
    I think the Ref's are going to be very one sided, for once in favor of the Ravens and they take this one by a touchdown.

iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Just based on current trends, stats and everything else, Indy should win this game but it's spreads like this that really make me second guess ever placing a bet on these games in the first place... The spread should be like Indy -6 or something. Baltimore will end up winning although it shouldn't happen

Neil
    Neil's Avatar Become A Pro!

So let me get this straight ... you guys would bet if the line were -4 on the Colts but for pk or +1 you won't???

Makes no sense at all. Ravens beat the horrible Browns only 16-0. Sorry I can't scare myself out of this one. If the streak gets broken and I lose oh well, the Colts are clearly the better team. Nearly every time a line looks too good it scares everyone to death and you all stay away, and nearly every time you all should have taken the bet. Not over thinking it ... taking the COLTS here.

tomcast
    tomcast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 251

I'll be taking the Ravens

Dokholiday
    Dokholiday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

I'm on the Ravens

Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Seems like it's a good line as people want to bet both sides of it. It's not a 'trap' - for that to be the case, the bookies would have to KNOW who is going to win (which they don't) and be trying to get you to bet the 'wrong' side (and they don't know which side that is).
    Last edited by Limey; 11-18-09 at 10:04 PM. Reason: typo

Moonpie0954
    Moonpie0954's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Im on the colts

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

forget the spreads, all u gotta do is think
    are the colts gonna win or ravens ?
    then make your bet

tigerbalm13
    tigerbalm13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Theres a reason why the Ravens are short here. I say its a trap and stay away. Theres other games to bet on like Jacksonville and the overs in the Dolphins game. Goodluck.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Pap45murF View Post
    Prime pickin's for a 7 point tease. Let's see Ravens beat Colts at +8.
    Great idea! This is the best way to play this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    The Colts want no part of going undefeated. Too much pressure. So they will tank one of these road games in the next few weeks, I think this week or next week at Houston. It's just impossible to guess if they will show up and play.
    I agree. If the Colts keep winning, each game will mean less and less. I mean, think about it, they've got a 4 game lead on the Pats and the rest of their division. They might be worried about going to Pits, SD or Cincy in the playoffs if they totally tank. But right now they've got a pretty good cushion on the other teams in the AFC.

This game seems like the perfect spot for a "letdown" after a very emotional win against the very much hated Patriots. Be careful betting the Colts.

Sharkl11
    Sharkl11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I aint fkin w/ this game.

Vincepcion
    Fading Tha_Diesel
    Vincepcion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ClimbSomeRocks View Post
    I think the Ref's are going to be very one sided, for once in favor of the Ravens and they take this one by a touchdown.
    yeah i think the game is gonna be rigged too

im on the ravens

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

This line is dead on, nothing fishy about it. The Ravens need this game, they're at home, and IMO, will get the job done and hand the Colts their first loss of the season. I would play Balt up to -2.5

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steelers and Ravens are in must win situations in the upcoming weeks, Cincy has put the pressure on em both.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

i just don't understand how a 9-0 team can be dogs against a 5-4 team.

I'm getting on the Colts early as I can only see the odds become less valuable for them.

birdman779
    birdman779's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 981

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So let me get this straight ... you guys would bet if the line were -4 on the Colts but for pk or +1 you won't???

Makes no sense at all. Ravens beat the horrible Browns only 16-0. Sorry I can't scare myself out of this one. If the streak gets broken and I lose oh well, the Colts are clearly the better team. Nearly every time a line looks too good it scares everyone to death and you all stay away, and nearly every time you all should have taken the bet. Not over thinking it ... taking the COLTS here.
    yes its all about the line and not about the team read the line and win the game im all over the ravens as one of my top plays of the week

birdman779
    birdman779's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 981

this guy is why bookies win alo of money square plays like the colts

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Ravens are probably going to be my bet...the RLM

Neil
    Neil's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by birdman779 View Post
    yes its all about the line and not about the team read the line and win the game im all over the ravens as one of my top plays of the week
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman779 View Post
    this guy is why bookies win alo of money square plays like the colts
    LOL, birdman779 I get what you are saying. I'm just saying the Colts at pk is never a bad play. The Colts as a pk would be 9-0 so far. People who would normally take the Colts were freaking out because when the lines came out the Colts were at +1. Now they are -2 I guess because idiots like me are playing them in mass. I wouldn't say bet big on this game. But if betting it would be hard for me to bet against a 9-0 Manning team. I took them small at pk. I am glad that you know how to read the lines so well and know exactly where they all should be. You should be even happier now with Ravens +2. Probably the line will move some more before game time with more points for the Ravens giving you some insurance points. With the insurance you can lay a small fortune since you obviously already know the outcome. Anything can happen...I thought , stupid me. It would be nice if you could write a small tutorial on how to read the lines since you are a self-proclaimed line master and you know just what the lines should be. It would help all us idiots who actually look at the match up instead of just reading the line. I could stop emptying my wallet to my bookie with your wisdom oh great one. You are everything and I am nothing. Ok, enough with the sarcasm. Truth is nobody knows for sure how this is gonna go, not even a genius like you ... and there's the sarcasm again, sorry. Small on the Colts, but I could be wrong ... unlike you.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

colts rule

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I'm on the Ravens, and hoping they end the Indy's undefeated run.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    LOL, birdman779 I get what you are saying. I'm just saying the Colts at pk is never a bad play. The Colts as a pk would be 9-0 so far. People who would normally take the Colts were freaking out because when the lines came out the Colts were at +1. Now they are -2 I guess because idiots like me are playing them in mass. I wouldn't say bet big on this game. But if betting it would be hard for me to bet against a 9-0 Manning team. I took them small at pk. I am glad that you know how to read the lines so well and know exactly where they all should be. You should be even happier now with Ravens +2. Probably the line will move some more before game time with more points for the Ravens giving you some insurance points. With the insurance you can lay a small fortune since you obviously already know the outcome. Anything can happen...I thought , stupid me. It would be nice if you could write a small tutorial on how to read the lines since you are a self-proclaimed line master and you know just what the lines should be. It would help all us idiots who actually look at the match up instead of just reading the line. I could stop emptying my wallet to my bookie with your wisdom oh great one. You are everything and I am nothing. Ok, enough with the sarcasm. Truth is nobody knows for sure how this is gonna go, not even a genius like you ... and there's the sarcasm again, sorry. Small on the Colts, but I could be wrong ... unlike you.
    YES..please keep pounding the colts cause for some reason i would love to get bal+3 in this gm

msec512
    msec512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I'm taking the Colts. Baltimore's corners are really bad. Manning should pick them apart. Look at what Favre and Palmer (twice) did to them.

podunk

colts rule

12 Last