Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rams vs 49ers +/-7?

Stuck on 7 for a bit, wondering which way this line will move. Both teams have been improving. How do you guys see thing thing playing out on the field?

ArlyDude
    ArlyDude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

don't bet the spread, bet the total The OVER is CLEARLY the play!

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

I'd be surprise if it did go OVER. STL defense has come alive, Long and Quinn have been playing outstanding. 49ers offense can barely move the ball.

ArlyDude
    ArlyDude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Frank Gore can't run?
    Boldin can't catch?
    David can't catch?
    Kapernick is average but has his good games.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

9ers -1
    Pats -1

2 team teaser

Potentate
    Skirred Money

There's a lot more to it than this, of course, but here are some thoughts on the matchup:

Offensively I figure we'll see more of the same from both teams (lots of rushing and 20-some passes), but I suspect we might see some new looks from the 49ers who will get Crabtree back (for a few snaps). I read that Stacy was cleared to play. That's good for the Rams, but I don't expect him to provide any kind of game-changing advantage. The 49ers will have to key in on Tavon Austin though, NFC special teams player of the month. Other than that, I don't have much on that side of the ball.

The Rams defense has improved, but that doesn't make the 49ers defense any less good. If last weekend was any indication, the Niners defensive unit is fired up and perhaps finding its form again. By DVOA standards, the 49ers made a big jump in defensive standings last week from 11th to 6th, while the Rams jumped from 16th to 15th. The 49ers pass defense is ranked significantly higher than the Rams. The Rams run defense is ranked slightly higher than the 49ers.

Injury wise, the 49ers will have both Patrick Willis and Aldon Smith on the field, two significant pieces they didn't have last time around. The Rams secondary is a little beat up which could negate some of the disadvantage in the weakness of the 49ers passing game.

I know some are weary of the 49ers looking ahead to the Seahawks, but I'm not really feeling that. This is a divisional game and they're at home (playing a Rams team coming off TWO blowouts). Both teams need this win and both teams have huge games ahead of them. 49ers face Seahawks next. Rams face Cardinals then Saints.

Yes the 49ers lost to the Panthers and the Saints, but in both games the defense held the opposition to season lows. And the Niners only needed a TINY bit more offense and they would have won both games. If they get that tiny bit of extra offensive production in this game, they easily cover the line. The line was at 49ers -9.5 and now it's at -7. I think the Niners get a double-digit victory.

Other than simple execution, I think the big factors here will be the offensive lines, special teams, and turnovers.

Btw, the all-time series is dead even and I think this will be the last time these two teams ever play each other at Candlestick Park.

RickyRoma
    RickyRoma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

hard to predict the rams, dont know what here capable of by any stretch of the imagination

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

rams for certain

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Kinda reminds me of the Bucs-Panthers game. I think both the Bucs and Rams have been playing well and riding the turnover machine to victories, but they're playing two teams today that are simply better than them and don't turn the ball over at home. Only concern for San Fran is this is a trap game with Seattle next week. That being said, I'm teasing Carolina/San Fran today big.

Potentate
    Skirred Money

Lined moved off 7...

Potentate
    Skirred Money

Rams not doing much with the ball, but 49ers have had to settle for just two field goals so far. Kaepernick has scrambled a few times, which is significant. Both defenses smothering the run games so far. Very chippy game...

Potentate
    Skirred Money

49ers LT Joe Staley left with knee injury and won't return. That helps the Rams big time...

Potentate
    Skirred Money

Rams should be getting blown out here but their defense is forcing the 49ers to settle for FGs. No turnovers in the game yet though...

Potentate
    Skirred Money

I can't be the only one on this game... it was an easy square bet as far as capping goes.
    Crabtree broke off his first big play since his return. Vernon Davis keeps hurdling people. Rams have 118 total yards with 13:00 left in the game.

Potentate
    Skirred Money

Wrap, cashed -7.