tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

This is when the NFL starts to get scary. The lines start to finish exactly how Vegas expects it.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by bradleysnyder View Post
    I can tell you FIRST hand its not fixed to the knowledge of the players anyway.I know someone who is VERY close to brady quinn and it has been a question asked too him for me.His exact reply was NO the nfl is not rigged and people who think that have a gambling problem,that is why they think that....It luterally has been confirmed by him that it is NOT fixed

its not fixed by the players you dumb ass, and not every game is "fixed". you dont even know what you're talking about. where do these dummies come from postin shit liek this.

players are not in on "fixes" and theres no script being written you fuk heads. its the head official being told to ref a certain 'way' in certain games to keep the game close or whatever else hes instructed. so they throw more flags, or less flags, or more at the end of the game to help somebody, or less, etc.

so yes you can acheive a certain spread, barring a spectacular performance by an individual on one of the teams that overcame the penalities, but the players do not have to and would not be in on it.

so go home with your dumb statement and learn whats going on.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

most of you knuckleheads are so stupid you cant even tell the difference between the games that are fixed and the games where the spread was just sharp.

what is the line that vegas is supposed to set for a pittsburgh baltimore game? its either going to be 2.5 either way or 3 either way. what would've been the penetrating difference if it was 3 it still would've gotten beaten.

and if it was 3.5 and then somebody lost in ot by a field goal you morons would say its fixed.

the nfl IS fixed but stop whining about all the lines some are just sharp because thats the fuking way it is you jerkoffs

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Quote Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
    Books actually lose when games come out close to the line. Lots of pushes and all teasers win. Vegas hates games like today.

Not saying there isn't corruption in the world. Just not likely in this case.
    I've tried saying this, but there's no listening to reason in these threads.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I can tell you FIRST hand its not fixed to the knowledge of the players anyway.I know someone who is VERY close to brady quinn and it has been a question asked too him for me.His exact reply was NO the nfl is not rigged and people who think that have a gambling problem,that is why they think that....It luterally has been confirmed by him that it is NOT fixed

what a treat to get to start my day laughing at this stupidity..god damn bradly this worse than the shit picks that you post from time to time.. lets say we believe you which aint easy, you saying cause brady fukkin quinn says it not fixed then it aint fixed? 1st off brady quinn isnt even allowed on the damn field, secondly wtf you think he was gonna say "oh yea everyone point shaves", lmfao..most importantly is that you had your doubts until this clipboard jockey set you straight? bad enough you thought it was fixed to begin with but even worse you think you have the definitive word cause a player told "a friend" of yours 100% NO... i could tell you i have a 12 inch rooster and i can prob give brady quinn a few bucks to verify it. doesnt make it true pal..

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Really? Again people saying NFL is fixed? Do you even realize, how big of a hit US sport would suffer if NFL in fact would be proven to have fixed games?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by SharkAA View Post
    Really? Again people saying NFL is fixed? Do you even realize, how big of a hit US sport would suffer if NFL in fact would be proven to have fixed games?
    you think they would save this tin foil hat shit for off the radar college hoops games where it easy to shave points and the motivation is there..

gasto
    gasto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4362

Refs are not millionaires. A $20,000 tip can go a long way or whatever the amount. Like someone said, some people here need to look at NFL rosters and see that a lot of players do not make $1 million dollars in salary, thats before tax.

Given their ridiculous spending habits, you think its hard to tell a corner back or safety to let someone in the end zone. How many times do you see plays where two defenders inexplicably run into each other, or plays you think, hey how could he miss that tackle. Or a running back that looks almost like they were throwing the ball away before a tackle.

What kind of model, is that accurate , to predict both the spread and total to be so close . And its usually at the end of the game, that one or the other gets busted.

Dallas beat Giants, Dallas spread busted, Pitt Balt probably more people on Balt with an easy 2.5 points win, normally just a field goal, makes sense, busted, experts probably thought Under total, busted. This is no coincidence.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Quote Originally Posted by gasto View Post
    Refs are not millionaires. A $20,000 tip can go a long way or whatever the amount. Like someone said, some people here need to look at NFL rosters and see that a lot of players do not make $1 million dollars in salary, thats before tax.

Given their ridiculous spending habits, you think its hard to tell a corner back or safety to let someone in the end zone. How many times do you see plays where two defenders inexplicably run into each other, or plays you think, hey how could he miss that tackle. Or a running back that looks almost like they were throwing the ball away before a tackle.

What kind of model, is that accurate , to predict both the spread and total to be so close . And its usually at the end of the game, that one or the other gets busted.

Dallas beat Giants, Dallas spread busted, Pitt Balt probably more people on Balt with an easy 2.5 points win, normally just a field goal, makes sense, busted, experts probably thought Under total, busted. This is no coincidence.
    Show me a clip of a RB "throwing a ball away." You do realize not every number lands right? And pretty much any reasonable system is going to have numbers land. And most importantly that numbers landing like that is not the best thing for the books. And what other number would you make for Pitt/Bal?

The open on Dallas/Oak was 8, and Dallas won by 7 and trailed most of the game. Oakland was clearly the right side. How stupid would the books have to be to NOT shade the line against Dallas on Thanksgiving. They're huge huge public darlings.

mikew
    mikew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 720

Quote Originally Posted by gasto View Post
    This is no coincidence.
    yes it is.

Joey Blaze
    Joey Blaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

The real debate in this thread is to determine what warrants a game being "fixed"

The refs ultimately have the power to tip the scales with how they officiate the game... EVERY person can recall dozens of games where a bad call or calls clearly helped shape the outcome of the game yet your average Joe will never connect the dots as to why those blatantly WRONG calls happened..

To think a multi billion dollar a year industry could possible exist without the powers that be tipping the scales for the financial advantage of the few is laughable.. every other aspect of our society is susceptible to this so you would have to be very ignorant to think the NFL is immune.. Its just the way of the world sometimes you are on the right side some times you are on the wrong side..

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

With alllllll the NFL players that have played since its' inception, with all the refs that have worked the games, with all the coaches and assistants, with everybody involved since 1920, if the NFL was fake/scripted, wouldn't just 1 person have talked by now?

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6145

God &^)(@* damn it - you owe me a new computer. I just spilled my OJ all over my laptop after your Brady Quinn reference.........

First 12