Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Why Are People Overlooking What Brady Did Last Night?

Down 24-0 against Peyton and Broncos at half and brings back team to win. Probably the greatest achievement Tom and Bill have done together. Nobody but them could pull it off. Amazing. Brady is the best.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Who is ... ?

Last night cemented Brady > Manning

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Who is ... ?

Last night cemented Brady > Manning
    That was "cemented" long before last night.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

The real winner last night was the Pats' pass defense.

Talib and Co. completely took Manning out of the equation.

If Wilfork can return and get close to 100%, this team is going back to the Super Bowl.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Just a game last night wait for the real game in January

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Game was decided before it even started.

When is going to win a Super Bowl again?

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Which is sharper? A hoodie or a leather jacket?

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

so a game played in sub 20degree weather cemented something, eh... my god

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    so a game played in sub 20degree weather cemented something, eh... my god
    What will the temperature be in Denver when Brady and the Pats visit for the AFC championship?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Manning ---> <--- raydog

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is the best

People expect it

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He is the best

People expect it
    this

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

manning never performs well in important games.

brady is clutch and its proven over and over again.

brady is 10-4 against manning.

enough said

brady > manning

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

brady is arguably the best ever

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    brady is arguably the best ever
    No. Montana was the greatest ever. Brady is top 3 all-time.

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

Manning is great, but the guy you want in a big game is Brady. If you want to go 14-2 and lose in the playoffs Manning is your guy.
    Brady was great yesterday, but the broncos bone headed special teams play was what really lost the game.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

The real loser was the Patriots run defense. Moreno punished them relentlessly and the Broncos drew the road map on how to beat the Patriots in future games.

New England Pats
    New England Pats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

pavy, all due respect..but you're wrong

The patriots coaching staff came into sunday night with a gameplan. Front 4, 2 run stopping linebackers, the remainder in coverage (on 70 - 80% of defensive snaps). The only way New England had a chance at beating Denver and slowing down that potent offense was to let them have the yards running the ball and limit the big gains down the field with the passing game. They executed it well for a number of stretches during the game last night and allowed them to have a chance.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    No. Montana was the greatest ever. Brady is top 3 all-time.
    thats why i put in the word arguably .. there really was no difference in talent between the 2

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by New England Pats View Post
    pavy, all due respect..but you're wrong

The patriots coaching staff came into sunday night with a gameplan. Front 4, 2 run stopping linebackers, the remainder in coverage (on 70 - 80% of defensive snaps). The only way New England had a chance at beating Denver and slowing down that potent offense was to let them have the yards running the ball and limit the big gains down the field with the passing game. They executed it well for a number of stretches during the game last night and allowed them to have a chance.
    Bingo. This was well documented during the week. Belichick would much rather Moreno run for 225 than Manning throw for 325. They shut down Thomas most of the game (until 4Q and OT) and made Welker look useless. Great game plan and the scoreboard proved it. Keep the clock moving and keep Manning out of the air.

Horseck
    Horseck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Special teams

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Just a game last night wait for the real game in January
    Broncos need to win a playoff game BEFORE this happens. I'm not gonna hold my breath.

New England Pats

vegas, quick question for ya...

it's been said that the NFL is a copy-cat league - teams learn from successful gameplans that other teams use - so based on the way new england set their defensive scheme (mainly in the second half when they weren't being forced to deal with defending short fields) is it safe to assume that going forward, defenses going up against the broncos have a better idea of what can be effective against denver's dynamic offense? are they going to be as untouchable as they've been so far this season?

Rangers901
    Rangers901's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is what's wrong with sports, people are too emotional. It was one game, so now we disregard the fact that Brady was virtually unwatchable the previous 10 games.

Stop over reacting after 1 game.

Brady greatest ever is the biggest joke in sports history. What has he won since he didn't have a top 3 defense and the luxury of having opposing teams practices tapped?

If other teams had the luxury of playing 6 games a year against horrible opponents they would make the playoffs every season too.

One point that always stumps Brady lovers is how come Matt Cassell, who hadn't started a single game since high school could come off the bench and bring the Pats to an 11-5 record?

Then, people refer to wanting Brady in big games, really? So what has Brady done in the playoffs lately? Ohh yea, that's it, get outplayed by the likes of Joe Flacco, Eli Manning, Jake Delhomme, etc.

If this was Stafford who did what Brady did yesterday it would just be another comeback, but because it was the "Golden Boy" it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Do you know what Brady will do in the playoffs this season? Same thing he's done very year since not having the luxury of knowing the opposing teams game plan and having a top 3 defence, throw more INT's then TD's, get outplayed and booted from the playoffs, then get praised for even making the playoffs again.

Dig deeper, and you'll find the truth.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bez

New England Pats

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers901 View Post
    This is what's wrong with sports, people are too emotional. It was one game, so now we disregard the fact that Brady was virtually unwatchable the previous 10 games.

Brady greatest ever is the biggest joke in sports history. What has he won since he didn't have a top 3 defense and the luxury of having opposing teams practices tapped?

If other teams had the luxury of playing 6 games a year against horrible opponents they would make the playoffs every season too.

One point that always stumps Brady lovers is how come Matt Cassell, who hadn't started a single game since high school could come off the bench and bring the Pats to an 11-5 record?

Then, people refer to wanting Brady in big games, really? So what has Brady done in the playoffs lately? Ohh yea, that's it, get outplayed by the likes of Joe Flacco, Eli Manning, Jake Delhomme, etc.

If this was Stafford who did what Brady did yesterday it would just be another comeback, but because it was the "Golden Boy" it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Do you know what Brady will do in the playoffs this season? Same thing he's done very year since not having the luxury of knowing the opposing teams game plan and having a top 3 defence, throw more INT's then TD's, get outplayed and booted from the playoffs, then get praised for even making the playoffs again.

Dig deeper, and you'll find the truth.

Hypocrite comment,

Says people over-react about one game in a season.....apply that same logic to a few games over a career. Stop digging, Rangers.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Down 24-0 against Peyton and Broncos at half and brings back team to win. Probably the greatest achievement Tom and Bill have done together. Nobody but them could pull it off. Amazing. Brady is the best.
    you probably watched a different match ... more than half the points (including the OT FG) were gifts from the Broncos

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    you probably watched a different match ... more than half the points (including the OT FG) were gifts from the Broncos
    more than half the points in the first half for the broncos were gifts from new england

Rangers901

Quote Originally Posted by New England Pats View Post
    Hypocrite comment,

Says people over-react about one game in a season.....apply that same logic to a few games over a career. Stop digging, Rangers.
    Digging? What did I go digging for? These are facts.

Apply this to a few games?

Was anything I said not fact?

Youre a homer and a Brady lover, of course you're going to refute what I said, but it's all facts. If people were to dig deeper than what the media told them, they'd realize that Brady is all media hype.

Brady misses a season, Pats go 11-5.
    Manning misses a season, Colts go 2-14.

Just another valid point.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    more than half the points in the first half for the broncos were gifts from new england
    and your point, related to this thread, is ... ?

Rangers901

Said it before, I'll say it again.

Tom Brady, THE "Golden Boy" is the most over rated athlete in sports history.

I do think he is a top 20 QB ever, but you can still be good and overrated. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

I was interested in reading your opinion and seeing your reasoning, but then when you proved your own ignornace, you lost me. Educate yourself a little and then get back to us. It would be interesting to hear you present your case, but one based in facts not ignorance.

Rangers901

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    I was interested in reading your opinion and seeing your reasoning, but then when you proved your own ignornace, you lost me. Educate yourself a little and then get back to us. It would be interesting to hear you present your case, but one based in facts not ignorance.
    Please, further educate me of my ignorance.

I can la out facts people are too lazy to look for themselves if you'd like.

New England Pats

Digging? What did I go digging for? These are facts.

Apply this to a few games?

Was anything I said not fact?

Youre a homer and a Brady lover, of course you're going to refute what I said, but it's all facts. If people were to dig deeper than what the media told them, they'd realize that Brady is all media hype.

Just another valid point.

You're absolutely right, they're facts....they're in print and there forever. My point is you're saying people are over-reacting to one New England win - and they very well might be - but if you're going to apply that logic to one game in one season, then you're going to have to apply it to the few games you mentioned over the course of an NFL career. The facts are this, come the end of #12's career he's going down as one of the best. It's simple. Credit where credit is due, man.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

Which was 5 games worse than the previous season.
    That's cute how you're consider the year the Colts deliberately tanked as being valid. Fact is they were 10-6 with their last year of Manning, then 11-5 after the tanked year with a rookie QB. BTW, Tim Tebow won more playoff games his final year in Denver than Manning did the following year.
    Points Awarded:

slacker00 gave BriGuy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

You mad bro

Said it before, I'll say it again.

Tom Brady, THE "Golden Boy" is the most over rated athlete in sports history.

I do think he is a top 20 QB ever, but you can still be good and overrated. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying.
    how is he overrated?

123 Last