SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

NFL Week 9 Picks

Were past the half way point so let's do this.

San Diego PK

Redskins are done. Don't really care if RGIII plays or not. Chargers got it clickin right now. Redskins passing D is awful and Rivers is showing a lot of promise as of late. I expect the bolts to light it up in this match after coming off their bye with plenty of time to prepare.

Oakland -2.5

I just love Oakland in this spot. They are so under-rated at home. They have a lot of momentum and high morale right now after winning last week and Pryor breaking an NFL record. Philly's QB situation still is not resolved. I don't see them getting it together in time to take out the best Oakland team at home we have seen in years.

Baltimore -2.5

It's a huge public play, but the Ravens will come out shining in this inner-divisional game. Road favs after a bye is one of the best ATS bets you can make. Hits 60% - 70% year after year. Browns lost to Balty earlier this season. It's just more of the same.

New England -6.5

Steelers lost by 3 last week in Oakland and they won't lose by less than 7 in Foxboro. That's right. Steelers lose back to back road games and they won't cover either.

Green Bay (MNF)

There's no way Chicago is gonna march into Wisconsin on Sunday and cover those points. The scales are completely tipped here with Green Bays high-powered passing and run game against a struggling Chicago D who's given up over 2700 yards combined. Josh McCown isn't synced up with the team yet. It's too soon for things to start clicking and it's not gonna happen on this Monday night road game. He threw 20 last week and landed 14. It's gonna take a lot more than that to knock a dent into the number that the Packers will put up. Buy the hook down to -10 if you want but the Packers win by 14 minimum in this spot.

YTD: 20-18

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

think sd tt is better option for me than side.. i trust rivers and the offense to shred skins d but i dont buy sd defense at all, morris should have success and dont care who qb is, i guess if i was on sd id rather have rg3 if he cant run than cousins, but either one i think will have some success vs sd d..

i dont think the money will be all that lopsided in balty/cle, 4 weeks ago sure but cle has gained some much due respect while lot of folks down on balty..maybe is "square" but it not like you vs books playing ravens it more like you vs sharps and im fine with fading sharps, it the books im scared or. still feel like bit of sucker but i love ravens this week as well.. not sure if maybe im too high on them still or not but i think they will fix the run gm and cle run d has been leaking a bit of late. cle has no threat of a run gm and i really think campbell in for a long day if balty pass rushers are allowed to pin their ears back and get after him.. with you here..

i really like steelers with the points and wouldnt shock me if they won. pats giving up over a buck fifty on the ground since their interior d being decimated with injuries and i like the way Bell runs, think he goes for well over a 100 in this gm and steelers d will continue being tough on qbs against a struggling brady, think it crazy to lay the points in this one where it do or die for a pit team that has showed some life and a improved run gm that will continue to have success vs pats..

mccown has had a bye with his team now knowing he was gonna be starting, tressman a very good offensive coach, think that gm closer than 2 tds but not sure i could go against you here cause pack outta gash bears with the run gm, they scary now that they rushing the ball like they are but this many points in a div gm? no thanx, think 10 a pretty good number. ill prob look at total and nothing else..

gl this week (cept for pats cause almost positive im against you on that one )

SteveRyan

I just don't see how Pittsburgh can go into Oakland and lose, then win or cover against the Pats at home.

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

These all look loke really good picks. The only one that I would be leary of is BAL. Jason Campbell is an upgrade from Weeden. I think the Ravens should win but Cleveland is tougher then people think. I am staying clear of that one. Good luck.

MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jets Geno Smith, take a bow youngster!!!!. The rookie is the only quarterback since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger with four winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime of his first seven games. Smith has more picks (11) than TDs (8), but he sill lacks the ability to rally the team. Chris Ivory got back into the running back picture with his first 100-yard game as a Jet. Jets team has bounced back with a win after each loss this season could be factor also Drew Brees on the road,percentage factor does not like the grass. The Saints have covered only one of their three games on the road this season. Saints offense is still humming along; the real reason for the 6-1 record is a defense allowing just 17.2 points after surrendering 28.4 last year. LB Curtis Lofton leads with 47 tackles, DE Cameron Jordan has five sacks and hard-hitting rookie ,Kenny Vaccaro has been the glue in the secondary. Look for the Saints to be in a battle here against a tough Jets defense and for Geno Smith to do enough to not blow the game.There’s been a lot of focus on the Saints’ lack of a running game, but as long as they keep Brees upright, they have a shot against anyone in the league. The Saints have allowed 18 sacks. The Jets have recorded 25 sacks, fifth most in the NFL. Another strong factor in this game is MetLife Stadium does not have a roof. Winds NNW at 17-20 mph prediction for Sundays game could be major factor Drew Brees passing game in East Rutherford, NJ. Saints lack in the ruining game in there offense. My prediction using my formula and analysis, I recommend taking the points +7 with the Jets and UNDER 46 total points. The public is all over the Saints in this one, so there is a possibility you may see +7 1/2 or more?, if you hold out a little longer. 5Dimes has it +7 as of today, The 6 point teaser with under looks like another good wager for me.
    Mr.Hårr¥THëHÄT

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

Quote Originally Posted by MR.HARRYtheHAT View Post
    Jets Geno Smith, take a bow youngster!!!!. The rookie is the only quarterback since the 1970 NFL-AFL merger with four winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime of his first seven games. Smith has more picks (11) than TDs (8), but he sill lacks the ability to rally the team. Chris Ivory got back into the running back picture with his first 100-yard game as a Jet. Jets team has bounced back with a win after each loss this season could be factor also Drew Brees on the road,percentage factor does not like the grass. The Saints have covered only one of their three games on the road this season. Saints offense is still humming along; the real reason for the 6-1 record is a defense allowing just 17.2 points after surrendering 28.4 last year. LB Curtis Lofton leads with 47 tackles, DE Cameron Jordan has five sacks and hard-hitting rookie ,Kenny Vaccaro has been the glue in the secondary. Look for the Saints to be in a battle here against a tough Jets defense and for Geno Smith to do enough to not blow the game.There’s been a lot of focus on the Saints’ lack of a running game, but as long as they keep Brees upright, they have a shot against anyone in the league. The Saints have allowed 18 sacks. The Jets have recorded 25 sacks, fifth most in the NFL. Another strong factor in this game is MetLife Stadium does not have a roof. Winds NNW at 17-20 mph prediction for Sundays game could be major factor Drew Brees passing game in East Rutherford, NJ. Saints lack in the ruining game in there offense. My prediction using my formula and analysis, I recommend taking the points +7 with the Jets and UNDER 46 total points. The public is all over the Saints in this one, so there is a possibility you may see +7 1/2 or more?, if you hold out a little longer. 5Dimes has it +7 as of today, The 6 point teaser with under looks like another good wager for me.
    Mr.Hårr¥THëHÄT
    Good analysis. I am with the public on this one... ...but with a 15 point teaser. I have NO at +9. I think the Saints offense is just coming into their stride. I agree the Jets defense is tough and could keep them in this one. It is the turnovers from Geno Smith that would have me concerned about taking the other side. I believe that even if the Jets manage to pull the upset that Brees and company will stay in a position to win it. I can not see them getting down more then a touchdown. Stranger things have happened, but I am predicting the Saints win this. If the Jets defense come to play it could be a slugfest. I believe the Saints are a better team then the Bengals... ..who steam-rolled gang green. Homefield is a different animal though.

SteveRyan

True the Jets D is good, but that's mostly against the run. Passing D is about average for the league and New Orleans is a pass heavy offense. I decided to pass on this game because I just cant get a good read on the Jets.

djmano
    djmano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Hi SteveRyan,

I remember you posted about the Carolina/Bucs TNF game last week saying Car got pounded by the sharps and everything indicated that Car was a guarantee to win. Just wondering if you have any other such insights for this week. I am a big fan of your write-ups.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

I like the under in this one. The brothers make their papa proud and have a low scoring defensive slugfest. The low spot instantly got my attention. It's smells like a trap. GL

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    I just don't see how Pittsburgh can go into Oakland and lose, then win or cover against the Pats at home.
    really? seems like you watch the nfl enough to know that one has nothing to do with the other..

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by djmano View Post
    Hi SteveRyan,

I remember you posted about the Carolina/Bucs TNF game last week saying Car got pounded by the sharps and everything indicated that Car was a guarantee to win. Just wondering if you have any other such insights for this week. I am a big fan of your write-ups.
    I can't guarantee any wins of course, but I can tell you why I'm on San Diego and Baltimore.

San Diego - It opened as a pick. So, that tells us that San Diego is indeed the better team. Redskins couldn't even get -1 or -1.5 in their own home town. Along with that, San Diego just had their bye. They are rested and prepared for this game. You need to pay attention to the match-ups where a team is coming off a bye. Although the Redskins had a decent showing in Denver last week, they've only won 2 games this season because they can't prevent their opponent from scoring. They've allowed almost 160 points in their last 5 games. Chargers have given up 83.

Baltimore - Again, it's all about the bye. If you don't have an eye out for this trend you are missing out on solid bets. Also, the Browns haven't beat Baltimore since 2007. That's enough for me.

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    really? seems like you watch the nfl enough to know that one has nothing to do with the other..
    Some people say that a team is never as good as it was the week before or never as bad as it was the week before. Well, we know that is not true. Some teams dominate the NFL week in and week out while others are getting owned. Look at the Giants. The lost straight up and ATS in their 1st 5 games. Denver averaged 46 in their 1st 5. San Fran won their last 2 road games back to back. Typically, short-term performance is indicative of future performance and the Steelers have been struggling....consistently struggling. They haven't put up more than 27 points this season.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Some people say that a team is never as good as it was the week before or never as bad as it was the week before. Well, we know that is not true. Some teams dominate the NFL week in and week out while others are getting owned. Look at the Giants. The lost straight up and ATS in their 1st 5 games. Denver averaged 46 in their 1st 5. San Fran won their last 2 road games back to back. Typically, short-term performance is indicative of future performance and the Steelers have been struggling....consistently struggling. They haven't put up more than 27 points this season.
    It's not as much about what you're saying here, as it is about this particular matchup.

Banker gave you the answers re: Pittsburgh running the ball against a short-handed NE interior.

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    It's not as much about what you're saying here, as it is about this particular matchup.

Banker gave you the answers re: Pittsburgh running the ball against a short-handed NE interior.
    Pittsburgh is last in the league in rushing. There right up there with Jacksonville and the Giants. So I guess they outta rush for at least 150 yards then right??.....or maybe just their average 68.

rolltideroll0
    rolltideroll0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Philly will beat Oakland.... Foles playing better than Vick. You don;t know what Ravens team will show up: After Flaco got all that money.. looks like he doesn't care about a winning record.

SteveRyan

San Diego blew that one. 1st down within 5 yards of the goal line with 2 time outs and they can't get in. Total bullshiit.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Pittsburgh is last in the league in rushing. There right up there with Jacksonville and the Giants. So I guess they outta rush for at least 150 yards then right??.....or maybe just their average 68.
    Good luck containing that putrid rush offense without Wilfork. Have you seen NE try to defend the rush?

SteveRyan

OMG Oakland....wtf??