dfinn21
    dfinn21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Refs Kill All Philly Backers

This has been the biggest nut job I have ever seen from the refs. The worst spots imaginable. McNabb loses yards on a 4th and 1 when he gains approximately a yard and a half. And then they DON't CHANGE THE CALL WITH A REPLAY? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn21 View Post
    WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?
    It's bullsh*t

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

ya its awful reffing..really cant believe it

Sekrah
    Sekrah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you guys blind or something?

The 1st down line was a good 8 inches PAST THE BEAK OF THE EAGLE LOGO.

He barely got to the tip of that logo.

He was absolutely, clearly 100% short. Get your eyes checked (or your brains).

BeDtimeHobby
    BeDtimeHobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

PHILLY just clearly sUX ass!!!

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Philly backers should be more upset with Andy Reid kicking a FG at 5 minutes with no timeouts left instead of going for it on 4th and 7.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Didn't see the 4th down play...was thinking they would probably go for it 4th instead of the fg. A lot of faith in the defense to prevent 1st downs.

grilldoggy
    grilldoggy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Yeah, it seemed clear from the replay that the first spot was short of where McNabb really got. The commentators tried to say you couldn't say when his elbow was down - but you can clearly tell where his progress stopped, and where the ball is at that time. To be honest, I had Dallas, but I thought they got that spot wrong.

Sekrah

Quote Originally Posted by grilldoggy View Post
    Yeah, it seemed clear from the replay that the first spot was short of where McNabb really got. The commentators tried to say you couldn't say when his elbow was down - but you can clearly tell where his progress stopped, and where the ball is at that time. To be honest, I had Dallas, but I thought they got that spot wrong.

Review the play, look at where the line is compared to the eagles logo, then watch where McNabb comes down. It's not even close.

From the tv camera angle there were bodies there, Eagles O-Line got pushed back, it looks like McNabb got further than he really did. He didn't go anywhere on that play.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

If you took eagles tonite go and jump through a window so we dont see you posting here anymore. Dumbest bet of all time.

Sekrah

He never got past the tip of that logo, He needed 2-3 inches past the tip of that Eagle beak, and even with the lunge past the elbow, he was way short.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I did love the spot discussion where Al Michaels says "the refs can use the logo to spot the ball. The ball should be just past the beak."

His other great line was when Collingsworth said the Eagles have been short all night, so "we've seen a lot of Walt Coleman's fingers."

Michaels: "He's getting a lot of fingers pointed at him , too."

Sekrah

Total Nonsense.. He never made the beak. Not even close.

marabdl86
    marabdl86's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    If you took eagles tonite go and jump through a window so we dont see you posting here anymore. Dumbest bet of all time.
    I clearly read one of your posts and you said Eagles would steam roll the cowboys? Were you being sarcastic?

BertHits
    BertHits's Avatar Become A Pro!

While that call was totally bogus, this game once again proved that Andy Reid is not only the most overrated coach in NFL history, but one of the worst coaches of all time. That confused fat ass can't manage a game, can't call a play to convert 3rd and 1's and 4th and inches, wastes all his time outs, and, as evidenced in last night's game, ALWAYS makes the wrong decision at the most critical time in a game: "Uh, let's kick a field goal even though we still need to score another touchdown; even though we have no time outs and we can't stop the Dallas run game, I think it's a good game plan." Real f'in brilliant. Until Philly drops that perpetual loser they will never go anywhere.

ASH0479
    ASH0479's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

well I wouldnt blame it on the spot, I thought it was actually fare....I would blame Reed for challenging stupid plays, wasting his timeouts, going on 4th and 1 at mid field which led to the Dallas TD, throw in leaving Samuel in the game when he was clearly shaken up and there you have why you lost the game...

by the way always take a road team +3...money in the bank...4-1 last week, 2-0 this week....its like 80% for the season...dont think, just do it

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Ash good point. +3 dogs have done well so far this season.

nchi
    nchi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Philly blew that game in many ways but the video replay system in the nfl and college needs some serious revision

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Philly just had a ton of crappy things not go there way, it was not just the refs. They never got enough going there way to put Dallas away. Giving up 10 points from turnovers will do that to you. Intecepting Romo, running it back to the Dallas 30 and getting it called back for a low block (that guy did not even need to block the fat lineman) just killed it.

Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Quote Originally Posted by marabdl86 View Post
    I clearly read one of your posts and you said Eagles would steam roll the cowboys? Were you being sarcastic?

Who knows? People love to make ludicrous, over-the-top black-and-white statements on this board. I would think that the worst bet of all time wouldn't be a home team in a division game, which ends up failing to cover by just 7. Shrugs.

Sekrah

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009110811/2009/REG9/cowboys@eagles#tab:watchhttp://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009110811/2009/REG9/cowboys@eagles#tab:watch

For all the blind people in here.. Pause it at 3:54 to see where the stick is.. 2 inches past the point of that logo. McNabb needed to get the ball there for the first down. Pause it at 4:08. He never got past it.

The spot they did put down was wrong, they shoulda had another 6 or 7 inches, but regardless, it would of been short either way. Short by 1 or 2 inches.

LOL @ ppl who think he picked that up though.