slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL, great OP. And great bump, whoever brought this back up. Rodgers might go down as the best quarterback of all time.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Rodgers was a piss poor goal line interception throwin bitch in October 2009, having gone an abismal 6-10 his previous season and blowing games left and right including every close game he played.

He has developed into a great QB which is fine but the idiots that were touting him in October 2009 had their heads up their asses, he WAS garbage back then

Maybe Cam Newton will develop into a SB winning QB in three years, maybe he wont, we have to judge how he plays currently since none of us have a time machine and can predict whether a run of the mill QB is going to fully develop his talents or not. Look at the NFL's hit or miss history with rookie QBs, sometimes you get a Peyton Manning sometimes you get a Ryan Leaf. Rodgers has developed from run of the mill to gold.
    It always boggles my mind when someone starts resorting to calling people idiots and then making statements that have no facts backing them up. You may want to check out Mr. Rodgers redzone interception numbers for his career before you make such moronic statements such as the one above. You think maybe the Packer organization saw the development of Rodgers in practice throughout the years to make this call? Nah, couldn't be.

meader99

You also may want to go back and check the numbers in 2009 when Rodgers was "abysmal" and couldn't win the close games. Check how many times Rodgers led the team to a leading score and the defense gave it right back. Last week Brady led a drive against the Giants to win the game, but the Patriot D allowed the Giants to drive right back and win the game. Yep, Brady can't win the close ones.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

He has developed into a great QB which is fine but the idiots that were touting him in October 2009 had their heads up their asses, he WAS garbage back then
    If Rodgers was "garbage", then I can't imagine what Favre was.

This is a classic thread, not just for your original posts, but for the fact that you still are unable to admit you were wrong.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Some say that Favre is the best QB of all time (purely based on some cumulative stats,imo) What is interesting is not only is Favre not the best of all time, it turns out he wasn't even the best QB to play in GB. Of course hindsight is 20/20 and not even the Packers expected Rodgers to be this good..

I kinda feel bad for Favre in a way since he was once looked upon by Packers fans as a hero of some sorts. And now he is all but forgotten by a better QB that already has 1 ring (same as favre) with a more promising future ahead.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Some say that Favre is the best QB of all time (purely based on some cumulative stats,imo) What is interesting is not only is Favre not the best of all time, it turns out he wasn't even the best QB to play in GB. Of course hindsight is 20/20 and not even the Packers expected Rodgers to be this good..
    I kinda feel bad for Favre in a way since he was once looked upon by Packers fans as a hero of some sorts. And now he is all but forgotten by a better QB that already has 1 ring (same as favre)
    with a more promising future ahead.
    Favre ruined his legacy in GB forever with the way he went out. The selfish jackass Diva made his own bed and now he has to live in it.

meader99

If the Packers were to ever follow the Vikings lead, now would be the time. I found it classic to see #4 in a Viking jersey still out there running around. Of course it was the punter...... I wonder if Masthay would be offended if he was asked to don the green #4?????

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

^ Why wouldn't there be a #4 in Minnesota? Favre hardly left much of a legacy there.

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Why is Bettilimbroke999 the only one continually making an ass of himself after already being proven wrong? Let me join!

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

The only time I was ever wrong was one time a few years ago I thought I might be wrong...it turned out I was right of course but I was wrong to have doubted myself

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by poochiecollins View Post
    Poochie, wtf? Seriously dude. I'm hurt.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
    Wow & you are a founder of this forum.Welcome to the clown list your the top CLOWN in this circus.
    So, all you have is name calling to offer? Bravo.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Seems to me that Rodgers already has as many trophies in his short career than Favre does. Isn't that the career number that matters? Durability? Really? Guess he didn't prove anything making it through a season in which he was sacked 50 times. Apparently we have another fella that knows more than Ted Thompson even though a blind man can see he made all the right moves.
    No matter how much you puff your chest, Rogers only has one ring, same as Favre, but Favre has decades more stats.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Yes sir...Some folks forget that Tarvaris Jackson himself won 10 games with that Viking team the year before Favre came on board. Yeah, that's right, Tarvaris Jackson.
    Tarvaris went 2-3 the year before Favre. Maybe you meant Tarvaris won 10 games in his 5 years in Minnesota, that's accurate.

TehSharp
    Sh*t Jeremy Lin says
    TehSharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Ok, this is still trending lol. I have an idea. GO BEARS! PACK WILL NOT REPEAT!

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    No matter how much you puff your chest, Rogers only has one ring, same as Favre, but Favre has decades more stats.
    Hmmm, play the game for rings or play the game for stats.......... Can't wait til he wins another one, you know, something Favre could never do even though twice in the last four years of his career he played on "the most talented teams he has evr been on."

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

There has to be some form of punishment for incompetence like this? There just has to be.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love this thread title

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Favre is 95x the QB Rodgers why sink your own organization, hell if Favre wants to come back let him come back at least hes not throwin 2 yrd wide open incompletes on 4th and goal

If you were dating a supermodel and fukin her every night then she said she wanted to breakup and you start dating a fukin hog would you tell her to fuk off when she wants to come back a month later bc youve gotten used to the hog

this makes my shitty predictions look golden. The 2011 MVP is a fuqkin hog

asianfootballs
    asianfootballs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Brett Farve said it the best when he said that it took Aaron Rodgers way too long to win a Super Bowl, he thought he would win it sooner than than he did. I can't believe he made Green Bay wait til his third year to win the Super Bowl. He should have done it in two. Aaron Rodgers is some garbage. One day he will hope to be as good as Steve DeBerg.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

WOW, look like a fool now, don't ya

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by asianfootballs View Post
    Brett Farve said it the best when he said that it took Aaron Rodgers way too long to win a Super Bowl, he thought he would win it sooner than than he did. I can't believe he made Green Bay wait til his third year to win the Super Bowl. He should have done it in two. Aaron Rodgers is some garbage. One day he will hope to be as good as Steve DeBerg.
    Yes! We have another villain/dimwit.

Goood goooooood! This helps my quest to turn this discussion into an epic thread. I'll be back.

ThisGuy
    ThisGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

Who's this Mantle kid? You think you could just replace a legend like Dimaggio? Lol Yankees, Red Sox in '52 baby!!!

First ... 4567