booksbroker
    booksbroker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 554

TNF Cincy vs Dolphins

My line are at Cincy -2.5 and over 42.5. I want to jump on Cincy -2.5 and small play on the Over. Any reason why I shoudn't bet now?

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

already played cincy -2.5 might put a bit on the over as well, nice picks
    dont really see how cincy doesnt pull this one out by at least a fg the way theyre playing right now

Eric22174
    Eric22174's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3599

I was just wondering what kind of value do you see in picking the Bengals here? I understand they had a great game last week against the Jets but so did the Titans a couple weeks back in the same sort of blowout. Bengals have struggled on the road this season. Losing two contests to the Browns and Bears and winning by 3 pts in the other two games. Miami had a 17-0 lead on the road before turnovers and a block punt changed that game. I'm a little worried about taking the Bengals as the Miami defense is now getting healthy and Bengals are traveling on a short week playing in hot weather. Home dogs typically cover on Thursday nights....leaning 27-24 miami.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

its not because cincy had a great game last week, theyve been playing great all season and are starting to catch there stride offensively. If they can put up points against the dolphins i dont see them losing this game. With all the pressure they send off the blitz miami wont have time to make any big plays. Even in miami i see this going cincys way, they want to prove theyre an elite team in the league and a thursday night game is the perfect stage to prove it against a good team

Eric22174
    Eric22174's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3599

Im just under the impression that the Bengals record is not what it seems. They came back on GB off turnover after being down 30-14. They won off a 58 yd fumble return. They beat my Steelers who are lets face it piss poor. And they beat the Pats who have an inflated record as well. I think the Bengals record is a reflection of the cupcakes they have played. BUT if the injuries to the defensive secondary for the bengals secondary stays with leon hall out, Taylor Mays out and devon still. ....idk if bengals win

Trmeyer
    Trmeyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

I haven't capped this game yet, but always beware of a decent team coming off of a loss from the week before. You have to bet the NFL different than you do college. It's at Miami and Cincy looked good last week. These types of things don't usually happen multiple weeks in a row. Cincy will probably come back down to earth and Miami will have a great week of practice and will be ready for this game. Either way, good luck with whatever you decide.

eagle8999
    eagle8999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 281

I can see a cincy win but not by more than 3 if it goes more than that I'm on Miami

rainman416
    rainman416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 994

The Under seems like the safe play here...

Public eyes will love this line for Cincy who just won in a blowout vs. a team who just lost to a "semi-struggling" patriots team... This line has gift written all over it.. Vegas rarely gives out gifts.. not really their business... fishy.. Probably stay away, or play the Under for me...

frank9166
    frank9166's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by rainman416 View Post
    The Under seems like the safe play here...

Public eyes will love this line for Cincy who just won in a blowout vs. a team who just lost to a "semi-struggling" patriots team... This line has gift written all over it.. Vegas rarely gives out gifts.. not really their business... fishy.. Probably stay away, or play the Under for me...
    Small sample size, but both teams are doing well in terms of covering the over, particularly CIN on the road and MIA at home...

53 defense
    53 defense's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5137

Simple fact is that the Fish can't protect their QB and going up against the Bengals aint gonna help. They were in position to win in NE but for the fact that they couldn't give Tannyhill enough time, and the Zebra Effect, they lost. I honestly believe that you could probably get a body off the street to do as good a job as some of these officials. I hope they do well I just don't have the feel for this team yet.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Miami ML

Simple.

rkellyatrecess
    rkellyatrecess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1928

Miami has the passing attack to exploit the Bengals Defense

Blaker88
    Blaker88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1561

I like the over, think both teams have the offense' to score over 42.5.

charlieg70
    charlieg70's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Cincy

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Thursday are a wild card for sure but the rule of thumb is in close to a pick em' Cincy -1.5, you take the team with more talent. Cincy is the more talented team here without a doubt. Miami has some serious problems on offense and the only quality team they have beaten this year is Indy, and that was back in week 2. Cincy in my mind is by no means a lock and certainly could lose this game to a desperate Miami club, however the money should roll with the much better team and that is Cincy all day.

SXRD71
    SXRD71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2932

Under looks good

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Locked it in @ -1.5 on Sun, but the injuries are still worrying.

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Short week for both. Fins coming off road divisional game. Bengals won big but are a little dinged up. Marvin Lewis will have conservative game plan for road game. Both defenses are solid. Clock will run. Expecting 21-17 game............leaning under.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Miami ML

Simple.
    Until Miami can put together 4 good quarters of football, I don't think you can back them. Andy Dalton isn't to be trusted on the road either. Best to sit this one out.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Eric22174 View Post
    Im just under the impression that the Bengals record is not what it seems. They came back on GB off turnover after being down 30-14. They won off a 58 yd fumble return. They beat my Steelers who are lets face it piss poor. And they beat the Pats who have an inflated record as well. I think the Bengals record is a reflection of the cupcakes they have played. BUT if the injuries to the defensive secondary for the bengals secondary stays with leon hall out, Taylor Mays out and devon still. ....idk if bengals win
    i agree this gm may be little tougher than it appears but i also think you being a little unfair to bungals as i think they every bit as good as their record (not just saying that cause i have sb future on them either, lol)..but seriously sure you can point to how they got the score to win that gb gm but cmon if it wasnt for their offense making a bunch of mistakes giving gb points they wouldnt even been in that position in that gm as the d did a great job on that really good gb o for the most part and they were in control of the gm before the offense starting giving it up to the pack so the turnovers went both ways, just so happened the last one went against pack, plus he was stuffed on that 4th down so you cant say they wouldnt have won w/o that as they would have been getting ball in good field position and plenty of time .. you can spin a gm however you like but nothing changes fact they won and even after the fumble return they stopped discount double bitch from coming back and getting the W. the d is pretty real, in this day in age you dont have the kind of streak they had of not allowing a 300 yard passer for what like 20 gms before it was snapped? there is nothing not legit about the bungal d..a win in det is impressive whether it by 3 or 20 as that not a easy place to pull out wins, nothing wrong with beating bills by 3 on the road as bills play teams tough and beat a solid balty team at home, they also had a difficult task in that gm to prepare for a qb nobody knew a lot about and he beat them on some plays.. still another win that i think is just wrong to diminish..

i still have my question marks bout that ginger dalton even tho he been pretty good i think mia defense and schemes will create a big challenge for him, only prob is i do think that mia can be had on the ground and geo and law firm could have big gms rushing...fish have kinda started to find a run gm but that been against a couple bad run defenses so this week is gonna be the test on whether they really have improved rushing the ball or not and they have to run effectively cause while i think tannenhill a gamer he could really use the support of a run gm, especially against this d.. i lean under more than anything here but still have lot of work to do...

again pretty sure i agree with you this gm isnt the slam dunk everyone thinks it is, dont agree with cincy record "not being real", but that really doesnt have anything to do with this here gm..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Eric22174

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by TiredPro View Post
    Short week for both. Fins coming off road divisional game. Bengals won big but are a little dinged up. Marvin Lewis will have conservative game plan for road game. Both defenses are solid. Clock will run. Expecting 21-17 game............leaning under.
    i agree, mia been trying to establish the run, been good lately but against 2 soft rushing d's so this be a real test. if cincy smart rushing exactly what you wanna do against phins as you dont want fish getting into that sugar look and wreaking havoc and confusion on the qb..seems like kind of a grinder to me where geo and law firm can grind out a lot of yards.

punkbhstl
    punkbhstl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Miami 's defense has yet to give up a TD to wide receivers this season.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by punkbhstl View Post
    they have a awesome scheme against the pass and are getting healthy on the defensive side..they can be run on however and cincy def has the backs to take adv of that..

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Dobson caught a Brady TD pass on Sunday

frank9166
    frank9166's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Yeah but if you look at individual games, WRs have very good games against them yardage wise (TY Hilton, Torrey Smith, Julio Jones, Colston, etc.) and TEs murder them.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

Cincy is definitely the public side, but 3 factors you should look at for Miami

1. Miami on a 4 game slide, and Cincy off a big win. Miami was routed in the 2nd hlf last week, look for a better showing. Week showed
    Cincy strong and Miami weak

2. Short week with travel and practice. 3 days rest for the Bengals
    3. Climate difference. Playing in Cincy and Miami very different. Expect a weather change of heat and humidity.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Until Miami can put together 4 good quarters of football, I don't think you can back them. Andy Dalton isn't to be trusted on the road either. Best to sit this one out.
    You were right about dalton.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    You were right about dalton.
    I was right about Miami too. They almost threw away another game they could have won with ease.