rolltideroll0
    rolltideroll0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Don’t fall for the Seattle trap game

Books have taken a bath this weekend in NFL. I am not sure how much money is on the MNF game, but if you include parlays and teasers from the weekend, I am sure it is in the 100s of millions. Yes, saint Louis is crap and they don’t have a quarterback, but their defense and special teams have shown up before (example: @ Houston). While I see Seattle winning, I don’t think they cover. I see the game going like this: Seattle up big in first half and then letting st.louis come back. With a big lead, Seattle then tries to run out the clock in second half. If still up big (17+), then Seattle puts backups in the fourth. I suggest if you have Seattle as the last leg in your parlay/teaser, then I suggest you hedge with St.louis +13. I will make a small sharp play on st.louis +13.

kevin101
    kevin101's Avatar Become A Pro!

seattle will shit and piss on st.louis. bye bye money is on st.louis. sharp money on seattle. the public will detroy the books and vegas tomorrow.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by kevin101 View Post
    seattle will shit and piss on st.louis. bye bye money is on st.louis. sharp money on seattle. the public will detroy the books and vegas tomorrow.

i wish SBR would shut the fukk up about the public this and the public that.

just cap the fukkin game.
    Points Awarded:

saints1856 gave Big Bear 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: richie360, and PickoMoff

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

exactly. this is what you do. st.louis is playing a football game so they at least will try to do this. what that means is you do not bet on that group that is that team they have formed, ever in your life. if you are not considering seattle get far away from betting the game and find a book to read.

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

He is simply saying that the public is on the side he thinks is going to win.

eagle8999
    eagle8999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 281

Just don't bet the house on it parlays especially big ones pay out nicely but they are hard to hit. personally i try to keep the mnf game out in case i hit on everything else. Seattle is the right play win or lose betting on st louis is comparable to minn how has that worked out?

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

Seattle by 14-17 in this one.Too good of D and O tolet stl hang around.

Goodluck
    Wish i had some luck
    Goodluck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3793

What is that "trap" talk nonsense? How does one determine if a line is a trap? -11 to low?

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

tokio

^ exactly. And the line just keeps going up. Seeing it at -13 on 5Dimes. Not really a fan of Pete Carroll, but the guy brings his team in to compete and compete hard.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

not so fast gents public bet the jags heavy at +17.5 line dropped 3 pts. to +14.5 wow 42-10 huge burial

Fettirooski
    Fettirooski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

SEA is the play. Buy it down to 10 if uncomfortable

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    not so fast gents public bet the jags heavy at +17.5 line dropped 3 pts. to +14.5 wow 42-10 huge burial
    I'm sorry, but just because a line moves doesn't mean it was 'bet down' by the public. It opened at 14 and closed at 15.5.

'Joe Public' loves to play the favorites, it doesn't matter whether they're getting a 'key' number.

You really think the 'public' bet the Jags, and heavy enough to move the line a whole 3 points? Please.

Popcorn Trick
    Popcorn Trick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

"Informed" and "Wise" public betting a lot of different ways these days.

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Keep this in mind. Game 5 of the World Series is tonight in St. Louis. People are expecting around 20,000 people in attendance for tonight's game. I think this plays a huge factor and the only hope for St. Louis is a back door cover.

rainman416
    rainman416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 994

Seattle is the MUST bet side tonight, just like ATL was the MUST bet side in week 5 and INDY was in WEEK 6...

Hard game to call.. but I think I'll take the Rams+13.5 for a small amount. SEA on the road is a much dif. team than SEA at home. Gotta think this new QB will be fired up to get a start, and may even "play well".

SEA laying too many points on the road, on a MNF game, against a mystery QB.

GL tonight Betters!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Lift2beFit

eagle8999
    eagle8999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 281

Sherman alone should be good for six.

FEAR THE 407
    FEAR THE 407's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 396

There are no traps.. you can choose which side you bet on, no one forces you. Seattle is a Super Bowl caliber team, with the best defense in the NFL, and a coach who will ram it down your throat. The Rams weren't good with Bradford, went after Brett Favre (lol), and have a guy I've never seen play.. which is probably for a good reason.

shookid
    shookid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1958

Clemens is not a mystery qb. I saw him play enough as the jets backup to know he has minimal talent. He has a decent throwing arm but his decisions are poor and couple that he has to play his first reps against the hawks? Yeah right.

rolltideroll0

Well let’s look at the range of outcomes 1) Defensive slugfest (I think St. Louis wins ATS in this case 2) Seattle is up early and then lets up late 3) Seattle rolls over St.louis (14-35 point margin of victory) or 4) The extremely unlikely event that St. Louis somehow wins outright. Given the range of possibilities, I don’t like Seattle in this spot. Two plays here are 1) avoid the game 2) small play on st Louis +13.
    BTW- Pete Carroll didn’t run the score up on opponents while he was at USC. He even got pissed when Harbaugh did it to him. He’s only run it up twice in the NFL (revenge against 49’s and against AZ). Doesn’t think it is in good taste to run it up.

Bigh2001
    Bigh2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1458

There's a reason this line is still going up as of today. Books set the line to low for a shitty backup qb and are trying to get stl money.

Broncos
    Broncos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

Quote Originally Posted by rolltideroll0 View Post
    Well let’s look at the range of outcomes 1) Defensive slugfest (I think St. Louis wins ATS in this case 2) Seattle is up early and then lets up late 3) Seattle rolls over St.louis (14-35 point margin of victory) or 4) The extremely unlikely event that St. Louis somehow wins outright. Given the range of possibilities, I don’t like Seattle in this spot. Two plays here are 1) avoid the game 2) small play on st Louis +13.
    BTW- Pete Carroll didn’t run the score up on opponents while he was at USC. He even got pissed when Harbaugh did it to him. He’s only run it up twice in the NFL (revenge against 49’s and against AZ). Doesn’t think it is in good taste to run it up.
    I disagree with your range of outcomes. First of all, you need a good defense to have a defensive slugfest. Ram's D give up about 26 pts per game. If you throw out jax and hou, it balloons up to 30. Number 2 is always a possiblity when a top 5 team plays a bottom 10 team. Number 3 is the most likely possibility. Number 4, has less than a 10% probability. A new starter (with very limited talent), is going to somehow motivate his bad team to play above their heads, don't think so. Degens are not going to avoid the game, the play is a regular or small play at -13. By the way, I got my play in yesterday at -11 (regular play).

GLTA

tokio

I like Sherman even though he's a little cocky, he plays serious and that causes the rest of the team to play hard also.

Tony Truong
    Update your status
    Tony Truong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

Quote Originally Posted by kevin101 View Post

JZAL12
    JZAL12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1631

I feel like this bet is equivalent to: Will the Rams back door cover?

Yes -110
    No -110

Blaker88
    Blaker88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1561

All this conversation makes me more and more confident of seattle -7 1st half.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Jikos View Post
    He is simply saying that the public is on the side he thinks is going to win.
    The sharps on on Seattle too.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Seattle is the play guys! And the under too BTW.

djmano
    djmano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

i hedged out of my st.louis +14.5 2.5u bet. i know the double digit home dawg is a strong bet but one of the biggest advantages of the home dawg is gone b/c everyone will be at the cards game.

also in cases of big dawgs i feel more confident if they have a strong d that can at least keep the other team in check but st. louis is giving up way too many PPG.

fisher said they were going to 'let clemens loose.' i interpret that as 'we don't really have a shot in hell to win so were going to gamble.' long shot it might pay off, odds say probably doesn't.

i dont know that much about clemens but from what i read he was basically brought in to teach bradford the offense....i know that no NFL team really intends on starting its backup QB but i think the rams are getting hurt badly by having bradford out.

Okst.BIGPLAYS
    Okst.BIGPLAYS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 703

Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn Trick View Post
    "Informed" and "Wise" public betting a lot of different ways these days.

MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will there be a Brett Favre sighting? Nah,LOL LOL!!!!! but desperate St. Louis did put in a call to the 44-year-old future Hall of Famer, supposedly in jest,after losing Sam Bradford for the season. In lieu of Favre, the team will go with journeyman Kellen Clemens. They also signed Brady Quinn and Austin Davis as insurance plans, using the term liberally. Seahawks wined this NFC West foe, winning 14 of the past 16, and the ’Hawks are roaring now. So many things are going right, and dynamic WR Percy Harvin (hip surgery) is close to making his Seattle debut, though it won’t be here. Marshawn Lynch has three straight 100-yard games vs. St. Louis.
    ***My Prediction***: Using my Formula and Analysis plus The Linemakers & Sporting News [have no association with illegal gambling,or offshore betting, Seahawks, -13 ... 28-0 in a blowout or more.... Don’t despair,SBR sports fans,World Series Game 5 is tonight, also in St. Louis. LOL LOL!!

rolltideroll0

You are welcome gentlemen (although it appears that most did not heed my warning). My only regret was only placing 300 on it.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

i have to become a bookie screw betting seattle bet to -14 49rs bet down to -14.5 gimme some of that easy money