Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

The Washington "Bravehearts"????

Dan Snyder neighbor trademarks 'Washington Bravehearts' name

By Brian McNally - The Washington Times

October 25, 2013, 01:13PM

Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder visits with fans before an NFL football game against the Dallas Cowboys Sunday, Oct., 13, 2013, in Arlington, Texas. (AP Photo/LM Otero)

Enlarge Photo
    Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder visits with fans before an NFL football ... more >

Recent Entries

Dan Snyder neighbor trademarks 'Washington Bravehearts' name
    Redskins safety Reed Doughty not part of early practice drills Friday
    Redskins defensive end Stephen Bowen still hopes to play Sunday
    Jim Haslett on suspension of Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather
    Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather has suspension reduced to one game

A neighbor of Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder has registered the name Washington Bravehearts for use for “entertainment in the nature of football games.”

Snyder’s wealthy buddy and Potomac, Md., neighbor Aris Mardirossian registered the trademark and launched “Washington Brave Hearts LLC” on Oct. 17, TMZ first reported.

That use of the phrase “ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES IN THE FORM OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL GAMES AND EXHIBITIONS” filed with the United States Patent and Trademark office is raising eyebrows.

It’s close to the exact language used in the trademark registrations for the NFL’s Seattle Seahawks and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

A Snyder spokesman denied a name change was afoot.

“There is no connection between the Washington Redskins and the trademark application,” said a team spokesman. “Dan Snyder does not know the man named in the story.”

Snyder and Mardirossian worked together in a lawsuit against the National Park Service in a fight to chop down trees in front of their homes, a request that was denied. Snyder wanted to chop 130 trees in front of his Potomac riverfront estate in 2005.

The official trademark registration for the Washington Redskins, filed Sept. 11, 1972, says it is for “entertainment services – namely, presentations of professional football contests.”

This doesn’t mean that the Redskins are on the verge of a name change. But it is curious timing given the controversy surrounding the racial aspect of the “Redskins” name in recent months.

President Obama weighed in earlier this month saying he would likely change the name if he was the Redskins’ owner and the Oneida Indian Nation held a protest in the District earlier this month when NFL owners were in town for meetings.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...#ixzz2ilEgWK9w
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Now Scottish people are gonna get offended

PC police work NEVER ends

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

So if they change the Washington Redskins name, does that mean all of the high schools and colleges have to change as well?

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8454

Sounds like a neighbor who is trying to cash in on something he may have heard. Will probably turn out to be a waste of time...there have been way better names proposed.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Gonz312 View Post
    Sounds like a neighbor who is trying to cash in on something he may have heard. Will probably turn out to be a waste of time...there have been way better names proposed.
    But he's a wealthy guy. Why would he bother with this???

I/O

PerfectGrape is gonna be really upset when he hears about this

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8454

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    But he's a wealthy guy. Why would he bother with this???
    Greed...these rich guys can never get enough...look at how much this franchise is worth and how much Snyder would be in for buying the rights back. Thats a multimillion dollar deal. No way Snyder himself would of sought out this guy to register the name for him...makes no sense as a businessman and Snyder may be a shitty owner, but one hell of a businessman

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

sounds like a lucrative gig for jj.....mascott wanted.....come sober please.... 12 hour sundays only

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    sounds like a lucrative gig for jj.....mascott wanted.....come sober please....with underwear on... 12 hour sundays only

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

I/O you know those lass's love to tilt the kilt...underwear not needed.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Gonz312 View Post
    Greed...these rich guys can never get enough...look at how much this franchise is worth and how much Snyder would be in for buying the rights back. Thats a multimillion dollar deal. No way Snyder himself would of sought out this guy to register the name for him...makes no sense as a businessman and Snyder may be a shitty owner, but one hell of a businessman
    That's what I'm saying. This guy isn't doing this on a whim. He's doing it for a reason.

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

is the news! tampa bay make change on the name before the washington!

the tampa bay blow sucks on the penis

make take the fans of the homosexuality for the markets

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Lets change it to Washington Elephants or Giraffes or Rhinoceros or Hippopotamus.