Trmeyer
    Trmeyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Why the giants? Vikes win outright

I can't figure out why everyone likes the giants in this game. They average 17ppg with and give up 34.8ppg. Minnesota averages 25ppg and gives up 31.6ppg. Gmen defense has 4 ints, 3 fumble recoveries on the year with 0 TDs. Minn defense has 7 ints, 5 fumble recoveries with 1 TD. Eli throws 2.5 ints per game and the Minnesota D gets over 1 per game. Both pass defenses are garbage, both run defenses give up at least 110 yds per game. Freeman is apparently understanding the new offense really well and I think he is gonna revive this team for 1 night. He's had a lot of negative attention on him lately and I think he is looking forward to showing everyone that he's not as bad of a guy as everyone thinks. I have the Vikings winning this game by 7-10 pts. The weather says 50's and calm which makes the over look good too. I'm thinking 31-24 vikes. GL guys

dontknowtohedge
    dontknowtohedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Great write-up.

I have no angle on this game, going to wait for live betting and try to find some value, like Vikes +7 or NYG PK

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

Quote Originally Posted by Trmeyer View Post
    I can't figure out why everyone likes the giants in this game. They average 17ppg with and give up 34.8ppg. Minnesota averages 25ppg and gives up 31.6ppg. Gmen defense has 4 ints, 3 fumble recoveries on the year with 0 TDs. Minn defense has 7 ints, 5 fumble recoveries with 1 TD. Eli throws 2.5 ints per game and the Minnesota D gets over 1 per game. Both pass defenses are garbage, both run defenses give up at least 110 yds per game. Freeman is apparently understanding the new offense really well and I think he is gonna revive this team for 1 night. He's had a lot of negative attention on him lately and I think he is looking forward to showing everyone that he's not as bad of a guy as everyone thinks. I have the Vikings winning this game by 7-10 pts. The weather says 50's and calm which makes the over look good too. I'm thinking 31-24 vikes. GL guys
    Because he is horrible. They don't have a quarter of the weapons on the outside the Bucs had. After being signed a week ago, I couldnt feel more comfortable about my GMEN bet.

Melda
    Melda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4169

Gmen and the over

Trmeyer

Gmen average 17ppg. How are they gonna win by 4 and go over 47? If they cover, it's definitely going under.

DeLorean
    DeLorean's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 493

I ran all the #'s in my sheet today and it spit out 26.32 Minn and 23.36 for NYG. **these teams are both shit so you never know** but it's been good to me so far this year. Had Colts and Texans yesterday.

Bonus is everyone in the world betting on the Giants. We've seen how that plays out before. GL everyone

Also Peterson goes for ~120 on my sheet so I'm on the over 100.5 for him.

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

Eli has looked like shit lately. The due theory applies to professional athletes because they are human and not an RNG. Vikings have a bad pass defense. Few offensive weapons. That is all.

mid10
    mid10's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vikings TT over 21 1/5

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by Trmeyer View Post
    Gmen average 17ppg. How are they gonna win by 4 and go over 47? If they cover, it's definitely going under.
    Down weighted because of a shutout and 7 point game

This team hung 23 on Denver, 31 on Dallas and 21 on Chicago last game.

Dallas D, though shaky is respectable. Even without Ware they held Philly to 3 points. Foles didn't go out until the 4Q so don't bring that up.

Giants still have a solid pass game, don't try to tell me that these boys forgot how to play football. Eli has two rings under his belt, kid is playing HORRIBLE but we've seen him turn it around mid-season before. Vikings pass D is a golden opportunity for him

Trmeyer

Only bad teams get blanked and get held to 7 pts. Can't use that as an excuse, it's 1/3 of their games. Their passing offense is decent as long as Eli doesn't go "all Jay Cutler" on us and throw 3 picks. I just think Minnesota shows up tonight with the whole country watching. Might be a good game between 2 junk teams.

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

1q over because on of these two jerks throws a costly pick or pick 6... Theory worked in NYG/Chicago, Theory worked in Chicago/Washington, Im sticking with it.

CashItIn
    CashItIn's Avatar Become A Pro!

As bad as eli had been this year, I think he will have his best passing game tonight even if its 3 tds and 3 ints lol. giants win 34-20

mid10
    mid10's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vikes TT moving up!! @ 23 now

DeLorean

That's cause it should be around 26...prop bets have some value tonight.

Freeman over 240
    Peterson over 100.5
    Vikings Over 23 can now be added to this

Cause-I-Need-It
    Cause-I-Need-It's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

What about sacks both teams O/U 4?
    Jared Allen Sack or Half Sack Y/N?

DeLorean

My sheet has 2.34 sacks for Minn and 1.83 for NYG (defensive sacks). So for me there's no value in this prop.

Cause-I-Need-It
    Cause-I-Need-It's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well damn, I feel like I will miss out if I do not bet. What about O/U 10.5 1st qtr?

DeLorean

I don't break it down by quarters so I dunno.

I prop bet on AP to go over 100.5 yds

Drew0585
    Drew0585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4083

I don't think Eli is going to continue to play so badly. As long as he doesn't repeatedly turn the ball over, I think the Giants can win this fairly easily. The Vikings have no shot at stopping Nicks, Cruz, and Randle if Eli can get the ball to them.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I don't get how anyone can feel comfortable putting their $ on a guy who just signed with the team and hasn't even started for them yet. Josh Freeman blows. I'd take Eli at home over Josh Freeman with a brand new offense every single time.

the Giants can still score, they were one tipped INT away from beating Chicago last Thursday. Eli had them in CHI territory and he gets fukked again by a TE who can't make a play.

Another factor: Vikings have played 3 straight home games. This is their first road game in over a month.

DeLorean

You may be right patty but I'm just going off of this years performance for both teams and this year Eli has been among the worst in the league.
    Obv giants backers are betting they get back to previous years giants teams. But remember those teams were based on qb pressure and managing the clock. Neither of which they've done this year.
    Maybe he does turn it around tho, but I'm seeing value with min +4.

Stive85
    Stive85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

Quote Originally Posted by Cause-I-Need-It View Post
    Well damn, I feel like I will miss out if I do not bet. What about O/U 10.5 1st qtr?
    i got 7.5 first quarter -120

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

my angle is coughlin with extra time to prepare. although i dont have any stats on his ats record with greater then 1 week, i am confident in him as a coach to get things right. the giants should be able to somewhat overcome their issues in the trenches being at home tonight...

Trmeyer

Well, that didnt go as planned.

Parcero Paisa
    Parcero Paisa's Avatar Become A Pro!

NYG were due and at home playing a bad team. Was a complete lock.