JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Maybe not top 5 but top 10 for sure. He was a great leader with an absolute cannon. He was also a great scrambler and runner. Led some tremendous comebacks.
    Speaking of comebacks- Joe Montana. 9 Playoff comebacks, 5 game winning drives.

JabooFootball

lmao at the retard who said Super Bowl stats dont matter.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

No top 10 without listing Randall Cunningham

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Brett Favre? Are you serious? Favre couldn't hold Aaron Rodgers jockstrap. Steve Young was
    way better then Brett Favre. I hope this list is not in order. If so, ranking Peyton Manning #1 and Brady #9, and Joe Montana #4 is asinine. Horrible list.

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    1 Peyton Manning
    When Brady, Rodgers, Eli, or whatever qb loses its always because of the O line, defense or no running game, but when Peyton Manning, aka the greatest qb of all time loses, its always because of Peyton???? You don't see Manning crying like a baby like Brady or whoever and blaming everyone else. He takes his loss like a man. With that being said, if anyone should be blaming their defense or line or running game in their career, its Manning.
    Manning would take any team into the playoffs. Brady would not, as 1 example. You can stick Manning on jacksonville and they would contend.

2 John Elway
    5 superbowls, won the last 2, didn't have the greatest talent around him most of his career. Talented, athletic and could do it all.

3 Johny Unitas
    3 nfl championships, won the game known as the greatest game ever played. He put football on the map to television. Threw a td in 47 straight games which is incredible for back then

4 Joe Montana
    4-0 in superbowls . Montana was cool, 31 4th quarter comebacks, Superbowl ratings of 127.8
    and played his best when it mattered.

5 Otto Graham: most people never even heard of the guy and its a shame. Its one reason why I don't like comparing era's, but we do and it will never go away. Some day someone will say that favre, manning, brady wouldn't even make the team in a future era which may or may not be true.

In ten seasons he won 7 out of 10 championships with Cleveland

6 Dan Marino Retired 1st in almost all major passing record for career and single season.
    Best pure passer I ever seen. Most people reading this can't even name one player that played
    on his defense or one running back he had. There is no doubt what he would do if he was playing today.

7 Terry Bradshaw: Never lost a superbowl, was 4-0, people want to say a certain player is good because they won superbowls, well then why isn't Bradshaw listed higher. Its not always about Superbowl wins.
    In fact, here is one for you. He only threw over 300 yards 7 times in his career. Surrounded by Hall of Famers and could they have won that many superbowls with a different qb? Maybe, but who knows, but since Bradshaw did it, I put Bradshaw at 7

8 Bart Starr
    Green Bay didn't actually become title contenders until they replaced another qb with Starr and with basically the same team led them to 6 nfl championships in 8 years.
    He was good when it counted . A very accurate passter

9 Tom Brady: basically on the list because of his superbowls and records. Had the greatest line of all time without a doubt. Not the biggest Brady fan. Hasn't won anything since Spygate. Lost 2 superbowls to Eli Manning . If he won one of those I would of put him in my top 5 perhaps. I disagree with alot of people. If Brady was on the colts for his career he wouldn't of even made the playoffs except maybe 1 or 2 times at the most. In the right system. It seems like they have won about 8 superbowls but have only 1 in the last ten years.

6 Bret Favre: 3 mvp, superbowl winner, numerous records, played with passion and played a long career.
    11 pro bowls 6 all pros

Sometimes you can blame the defense, running game or the coaching, but some players take it like a man and will take the blame while others will not.

Close to the top ten. Sammy Baugh, A rodgers,
    Last edited by RonPaul2008; 10-21-13 at 02:39 PM.

JabooFootball

Brees and Rodgers will end up in the top 10 if they continue on current trajectory.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10545

yep in order. Still jealous of favre?

Yeh brees and rodgers could but this is also a passing era.

Rodgers would lead some teams to a championship that some other good qbs would not

ttwarrior1

like i said make your own lists

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

I don't understand why having multiple comebacks is considered good. So we are basically penalizing the QB who played superb for 3.5 quarters to give his team a comfortable lead so he wouldn't have to comeback with a last minute drive.

Broncos
    Broncos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1019

As mentioned before, except by the OP. Staubach?? Aikman?? Young?? How about Kelly (did not win a superbowl 0-4)? or Tarkenton (did not win a superbowl 0-3)? or Plunkett (won 2 superbowls)? Phil Simms (2 superbowls)?
    Last edited by Broncos; 10-21-13 at 04:51 PM. Reason: added Phil Simms

ttwarrior1

its a top ten list, not 20
    Plunkett? lol

stauback, young, tark would be in top 15, not top 10
    kelly in top 20,

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

I'll tell you one thing...you're in the top 1 or 2 of all time useless fat posters

Broncos
    Broncos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1019

I didn't say everyone I listed was in my top ten or should be in your top ten. Although Staubach would be in my top ten. You have Marino in yours, he most likely would not be in mine, Farve definitely would not. You give mentions to Baugh and Rodgers. You must be joking with Rodgers. Maybe in 7 years if he keeps it up. What about Y.A. Tittle, he was marino before marino came to the NFL. Everyone I listed would be listed above Rodgers.
    Last edited by Broncos; 10-21-13 at 05:19 PM.

tharealhu$tla
    tharealhu$tla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    Joe Montana is easily the greatest QB to ever play football. Most experts agree on this.

Titty warrior...you are a fool placing him at 4. That shows your lack of football knowledge.
    Agree Montana is like MJ #GOAT

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

If I were in the Super Bowl I would want Montana hands down, pretty sure he didn't throw 1 pick through 4 SBs.If I were trying to get to the Super Bowl 18 or 19 games away there are quite a few QBs I'd rather have.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos View Post
    I didn't say everyone I listed was in my top ten or should be in your top ten. Although Staubach would be in my top ten. You have Marino in yours, he most likely would not be in mine, Farve definitely would not. You give mentions to Baugh and Rodgers. You must be joking with Rodgers. Maybe in 7 years if he keeps it up. What about Y.A. Tittle, he was marino before marino came to the NFL. Everyone I listed would be listed above Rodgers.
    Y.A. Should be on the list. Great guy...comes into my restaurant. Unfortunately Alzheimer's seems to have kicked in. Tough to see

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

I was looking for a good laugh. Thanks for bumping this thread.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I definitely would not have Marino in my top 10 list. He was a stat monster, but that doesn't rate Top 10. A great QB elevates his game when it matters most, ie. playoffs. He holds the record for most playoff games with 2+ INTs, that's not elevating your game, that's crumbling to pressure. He was probably be the best to never win a SuperBowl, but that doesn't make him a Top 10 QB ever, just the best of the rest.

ttwarrior1

lol marino never crumbled to pressure, good grief, his d did

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8154

Can't believe people want Aikman top 10...maybe he would be the top of the greatest 'game manager' qbs list of all time. He is a glorified brad johnson since he as 3 rings instead of 1.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

My Top 10 QB's in the last 3 decades (in no particular order after the top 3)

1. Joe Montana
    2. Tom Brady
    3. Steve Young
    ---------------
    4. John Elway
    5. Aaron Rodgers
    6. Troy Aikman
    7. Jim Kelly
    8. Peyton Manning
    9. Dan Marino
    10. Drew Brees
    Last edited by RonPaul2008; 10-23-13 at 03:43 AM.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I had second thoughts about leaving Marino off the top 10 list. But then I look at my own and there is not anyone on it that I would take Marino over. Maybe Jim Kelly but probably not. Marino wasn't soft, he was a warrior. In that playoff game where he threw all those picks he was hurt and shouldnt of even been playing. So I'll say 10a or 11th.

Someone mentioned Tarkenton. Fran Tarkenton was an Archie Manning type QB. A winner except the big one. I would have little problem with him on the list.

Petey Wheatstraw
    Petey Wheatstraw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Otto definitely statistically shall never be overcum.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman993 View Post
    With this said I also doubt he's even seen Otto Graham play either

First 12