Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chiefs 7-0... most overrated 7-0 team I've possibly seen in the last 15 yrs.

Yes the Chiefs deserve credit, after compiling a 2-14 record last year with however many pro-bowlers, but you cannot win playoffs games with these 1 point victories over a team starting back-up QBs... KC barely won in Tenesee aswell, the score was not an accurate gauge of that Chiefs victory.

This team is just "smoke and mirrors", with a good defense, that is all.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Oh kinda like the 99-00 Ravens

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Oh kinda like the 99-00 Ravens
    psssssh c'mon man that Ravens defense you know was one of the best defenses EVER in the NFL. That's giving wayyy too much credit to the Chiefs.

C'mon Ravensfan, c'mon...

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    Yes the Chiefs deserve credit, after compiling a 2-14 record last year with however many pro-bowlers, but you cannot win playoffs games with these 1 point victories over a team starting back-up QBs... KC barely won in Tenesee aswell, the score was not an accurate gauge of that Chiefs victory.

I don't think you're giving the Chiefs enough credit. They aren't a team with a lot of flash and pizzazz.....more like a small ball team. But they are fundamentally sound and can get after the quarterback. Jamaal Charles is giving them all the offense they need and Alex Smith doesn't make mistakes. Late in the year, when the weather gets rough, there aren't many places that are going to be tougher to play in than Arrowhead Stadium.

Eddy Munny

I was on the Texans +6.5 by the way, so I'm not buying the Chiefs 100% either. But I do think they are a good team. 7-0 good? Maybe not, but they are definitely good. The Broncos have their weaknesses too on the defensive side. I expect the Chiefs offense to settle in more as the season progresses and become a more well rounded team.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post

I don't think you're giving the Chiefs enough credit. They aren't a team with a lot of flash and pizzazz.....more like a small ball team. But they are fundamentally sound and can get after the quarterback. Jamaal Charles is giving them all the offense they need and Alex Smith doesn't make mistakes. Late in the year, when the weather gets rough, there aren't many places that are going to be tougher to play in than Arrowhead Stadium.
    I was on the Texans +6.5 by the way, so I'm not buying the Chiefs 100% either. But I do think they are a good team. 7-0 good? Maybe not, but they are definitely good. The Broncos have their weaknesses too on the defensive side. I expect the Chiefs offense to settle in more as the season progresses and become a more well rounded team.
    They do deserve credit, it goes to show what a good head coach and a QB that doesn't turn it over can do with a good running game and defense.
    But to reiterate what you said- 7-0?? wow that surprises me, I would have expected them to have a similar record as the Chargers. With all that said, they've won, so those things cannot be taken away.

Remains to be seen, their schedule is going to get a lot tougher in the latter portion of the year, but as you say Arrowhead stadium is a hard place to win.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any team that manages a 12-13 win season is going to have a couple of cheap wins in there, where you can make a strong argument that they didn't deserve the win. It's pretty hard to knock them for winning two close games against Houston and Dallas. They earned those W's.

However, the second half of their season is a lot tougher than their first half schedule, so I highly doubt we're going to see this success continue. Their games against Indy, Denver x2, San Diego x2, @Washington, and @Buffalo are all on par or tougher than anyone they've faced so far, except maybe Dallas.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Any team that manages a 12-13 win season is going to have a couple of cheap wins in there, where you can make a strong argument that they didn't deserve the win. It's pretty hard to knock them for winning two close games against Houston and Dallas. They earned those W's.

However, the second half of their season is a lot tougher than their first half schedule, so I highly doubt we're going to see this success continue. Their games against Indy, Denver x2, San Diego x2, @Washington, and @Buffalo are all on par or tougher than anyone they've faced so far, except maybe Dallas.
    Well said, as I mentioned earlier it remains to be seen how they play Denver, San Diego, Washington seems to be playing better now and I even think the Raiders might give them a fight in the black hole.

If this team goes 10-0.... wow .

Admittedly I'm a Chargers fan, have been for many years, and trying to be objective I see a team that had 6 pro bowlers in a 2-14 season making up for lost time...

I still hate the Chiefs however.

shookid
    shookid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1958

you cant be overrated if all you do is win. that just doesnt make sense.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

this lookedlike one of the most obvious fixed games of all time

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

You are totally underestimating this team.

They will beat the Bronco's once, if not twice.

They have one of the better secondary's in the league, and an absolute havoc wreaking pass rush and a whole defensive unit, Defensive coordinator included, that is clicking on all cylinders......

Also, they have a QB that does not turn the ball over and makes the plays he needs.

Offensive play calling is efficient from what I have seen.

Also, they have the best RB in the league.....by a mile....

Emancipator
    Emancipator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

Big Chiefs fan,

They are good, but yeah we've been fortunate. Played Dallas at home, Houston with all its injuries (Though Keenum did play well), Tennessee without Locker. Until they play Denver, Indy and SD I'm not sold that they are they have a reasonable shot at winning a Superbowl. Offense needs to get better.

Actually a little worried they could lose against the Brownies with the public on the Chiefs at 80%.

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

How can a teams simultaneously be overrated and have a record that surprises you. If they were overrated the record would be expected, not a surprise.

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Denver was the overrated undefeated team. Anyone with a brain knew that. Are the chiefs going to go undefeated this season? Absolutely not. Do they have a defense that could take them far in the post season? That remains to be seen. Do they have a defense capable of winning the entire first half of the season? Yep

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Generally when I evaluate teams I review 3 key points

1. Does the team turn the ball over/ alternatively does the team force turnovers.
    2. Offensive production - which the Chiefs do lack in - i.e. yards per play, QB splits, WR splits.
    3. Defensive production - which the Chiefs really excel at, they are first in D/ST rankings - i.e. turnover ratio, rpg allowed, points.

The more I review some stats the more I feel like I overreacted emotionally as a Chargers fan, this is a good defense.

I just want them to face a good offensive team like the Broncos, will they be able to respond with a "manage the offense" qb like Smith from a deficit, if so happens...

See that remains to be seen, you're not going to win 1 point games against good sound- balanced offenses unlike the Chiefs current model. Alex Smith had 250 yards no passing Tds, an Int and rushing TD against a depleted Texans team.
    Last edited by Jago2008; 10-22-13 at 02:19 AM.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8406

That defense is legit and charles is a top back..as long as alex smith doesnt turn the ball over, I dont see how anyone can doubt them. If they got caught in a shootout with a defensive letdown, I would worry but that might not happen very often

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Agree here for sure Jago! That defense is very good and legit but lets not get carried away here. They are not the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens which are the two best defenses I have ever seen in my lifetime. Going back to the Giants game , Titans , and Raiders all were close late and the scores were padded at the end. They are a good solid, and improved team no doubt but they have benefitted from a very weak schedule to this point as well. Time will tell after we see how they stack up vs better competition as the season goes on.

LowRollin
    LowRollin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

they're the last unbeaten team and people are still talking about denver/indy/saints etc.

don't see them as hyped and overrated, just a solid team

Oteder
    Oteder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1428

Look u don't go 7 and o and don't have a decent team this not nba pal I tell u what fade them u will c!

nammertl
    nammertl's Avatar Become A Pro!

do you even know what 'overrated' means? I would say they are underrated or rated just right for being undefeated at this point. if this were one of the big market teams like nyg or dallas there would be countless articles guessing for a perferct season. Fact is everyone assumes that this team will finish probably around 11-5 or so and possibly not lose too badly in the first round.

Eddy Munny

You can talk about the Broncos and the Chargers all you want to, but they are severely deficient on the defensive side of the ball. Perception always seems to favor the "sexy" ballclub with the high-powered offense, but the reality is when the Chiefs play these teams, you can expect the Chiefs' defense to come up with more timely, momentum swinging stops than either of the other two. The Chiefs don't win pretty, they just win.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

You can talk about the Broncos and the Chargers all you want to, but they are severely deficient on the defensive side of the ball. Perception always seems to favor the "sexy" ballclub with the high-powered offense, but the reality is when the Chiefs play these teams, you can expect the Chiefs' defense to come up with more timely, momentum swinging stops than either of the other two. The Chiefs don't win pretty, they just win.
    Well said, especially use of the word "sexy".

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by nammertl View Post
    do you even know what 'overrated' means? I would say they are underrated or rated just right for being undefeated at this point. if this were one of the big market teams like nyg or dallas there would be countless articles guessing for a perferct season. Fact is everyone assumes that this team will finish probably around 11-5 or so and possibly not lose too badly in the first round.
    I think it's very difficult to be "underrated" in a parity league like the NFL when you're 7-0. But you can be "overrated" when you have a few 1 point wins, 4 wins this year by the Chiefs have been without Alex Smith throwing 1 TD. They are ranked as one of the top 3 teams in the league, therefore "Overrated" IMO. Obviously you're welcome to you have yours, lets see how these last 9 games go.

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post

I don't think ppl are overrating them. Even with 7-0 record, they are mostly ranked 5-7 range in power rankings around the media. They may go 9-0 if they can beat clev and buff. But can they go in to Denver and beat payton? Remains to be seen.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Alex Smith plays basically like a robot. They have him programmed to operate to the limits of his ability and he basically isn't going to make mistakes. He's like the opposite of Brett Favre.

dnwjdl
    dnwjdl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

More like the most disrespected 7-0 team in history and rightfully so. They are not that good.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Agree here for sure Jago! That defense is very good and legit but lets not get carried away here. They are not the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens which are the two best defenses I have ever seen in my lifetime. Going back to the Giants game , Titans , and Raiders all were close late and the scores were padded at the end. They are a good solid, and improved team no doubt but they have benefitted from a very weak schedule to this point as well. Time will tell after we see how they stack up vs better competition as the season goes on.
    I agree completely.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

as soon as any competent coach figures out all you have to do is spy on jamal charles on first and second down and watch avery on third down its game over for the chiefs.

its always charles out of the backfield catching these dumb checkdown passes after alex smith goes through his reads and realises he isnt going to pass to anybody downfield beyond 10 yards because he cant throw for shit.

fukin checkdown passes to charles, thats all the chiefs are. total joke. somebody will expose them. and for gods sake when you have them on 3rd and long just please cover jamal charles on those stupid bubble screens. for penetrates sake its so goddamn easy somebody figure this out

SprtsCapnGuru
    SprtsCapnGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    as soon as any competent coach figures out all you have to do is spy on jamal charles on first and second down and watch avery on third down its game over for the chiefs.

its always charles out of the backfield catching these dumb checkdown passes after alex smith goes through his reads and realises he isnt going to pass to anybody downfield beyond 10 yards because he cant throw for shit.

fukin checkdown passes to charles, thats all the chiefs are. total joke. somebody will expose them. and for gods sake when you have them on 3rd and long just please cover jamal charles on those stupid bubble screens. for penetrates sake its so goddamn easy somebody figure this out
    Chiefs are 34% on third down conversions this year. Offense is in the bottom half of the league. Let's keep stating the obvious. This team isn't an offensive team! They have won on their defense....period. Not saying they are gonna win the Super Bowl, but ask some previous offensive juggernauts how it's worked out for them. Last years Ravens, seriously. Peyton sure could have used a pass rush last year on Flacco in the playoffs! Year before, don't tell me Tom Brady wanted a better defense when Eli made em look stupid late in the game! Year before that, Packers did deserve it, even though they squeeked into the playoffs! Year before that, ask Peyton again about his defense against the Saints!....all I'm saying is that it's turned into an offensive league and no one wants to give credit to a defense anymore. You'll say look at their schedule...easy schedule, right. True, but don't sit hear and rant about the old Ravens D's of the 2000's who shut down the Browns, Bengals and Steelers 6 times a year. This team is on pace to shatter Ravens D records. 35 sacks in 7 games, the Ravens D's off the 2000 only had 35 sacks all season some years!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post

split with den 4sure., prob split with sd although they could win both (dont know how it sets up what kinda gms they play b4 or after them), at skins and buf again id assume split those 2 road gms. that 3 more wins minimum w chance at 4 of those 6 so 10-3/11-2, chalk up cle this week as win so now we talking 11-3/12-2, dont know other 2 gms but if they get playoff gm or 2 at home not gonna be easy to beat them.. and none of know how peyton gonn alook aftr he gets hit a few times in the colds which it will be either place in the playoffs...along with the likes of indy, den. cincy they could very easily end up in afc champ gm..

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

TEAM TOTAL
    DVOA
    LAST
    WEEK
    TOTAL
    DAVE
    RANK W-L OFFENSE
    DVOA
    OFF.
    RANK
    DEFENSE
    DVOA
    DEF.
    RANK
    S.T.
    DVOA
    S.T.
    RANK
    1 DEN 40.9% 1 38.7% 1 6-1 41.9% 1 7.9% 26 6.8% 3
    2 SEA 34.4% 2 32.7% 2 6-1 8.3% 12 -22.3% 1 3.8% 10
    3 IND 26.2% 5 23.3% 3 5-2 17.0% 5 -4.6% 11 4.6% 8
    4 KC 23.2% 3 19.6% 6 7-0 -3.3% 18 -19.3% 2 7.3% 2
    5 GB 22.5% 7 22.9% 4 4-2 26.2% 2 1.6% 18 -2.1% 26
    6 CAR 20.4% 8 19.6% 5 3-3 6.3% 14 -14.3% 3 -0.2% 20
    7 NO 19.0% 4 16.9% 7 5-1 15.5% 6 -1.9% 16 1.7% 14
    8 CHI 17.7% 6 16.1% 9 4-3 14.5% 7 1.0% 17 4.2% 9

footballoutsiders has kc defense at #2 adjusted for schedule
    skewed to the right a little when i copied and pasted, so you have to adjust the columns or go to website

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Chiefs defense is legit

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by oldscho0led View Post
    Chiefs defense is legit

Case Keenum picked them apart in the 1st half before they started blitzing 2nd half....and gl trying to blitz PFM like that. It will be the same as last year....fairly close Denver win in Arrowhead...beatdown in Denver. I don't see a 190lb. rb like Charles holding up w/30 touches a game either.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Case Keenum picked them apart in the 1st half before they started blitzing 2nd half....and gl trying to blitz PFM like that. It will be the same as last year....fairly close Denver win in Arrowhead...beatdown in Denver. I don't see a 190lb. rb like Charles holding up w/30 touches a game either.
    indy got to peyton not sure why kc cant?

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    indy got to peyton not sure why kc cant?
    Indy was at home on turf and has a great secondary. Plus Franklin was out so it was Vasquez first game at tackle. Franklin should be back for the KC games but KC can def rush the QB so if Denver's O-line is still beat up then the Chiefs could do damage.

Overall...I lived in KC for a year and have alot of friends there and the boring "running/good defense" philosphy will only get you so far in todays game. They never made it that far w/Priest Holmes, Trent Green, etc. and they won't do any better w/Smith and Charles. You need to be able to make some big plays downfield w/dynamic weapons and they've never believed in that.

12 Last