2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Indy was at home on turf and has a great secondary. Plus Franklin was out so it was Vasquez first game at tackle. Franklin should be back for the KC games but KC can def rush the QB so if Denver's O-line is still beat up then the Chiefs could do damage.

Overall...I lived in KC for a year and have alot of friends there and the boring "running/good defense" philosphy will only get you so far in todays game. They never made it that far w/Priest Holmes, Trent Green, etc. and they won't do any better w/Smith and Charles. You need to be able to make some big plays downfield w/dynamic weapons and they've never believed in that.
    i def feel ya on the latter,, been saying all yr at some point kc gonna get in a shootout and they dont have the ammo on offense to win a gm like that.. far as indy at home on turf i get it but not sure grass outside in the cold really favors den either and far as secondaries while indy is playing well dont think their secondary as good as chiefs, i dunno if so not by much, kc has players all over on that side of the ball... i think they will split with den with those gms being so close together and kc ability to get peyton off his spot but i been wrong before.. im with ya tho at some point the conservative nature and lack of explosiveness on offense will be the doom of this team..

i live in stl so have lot of friends that life long kc fans as well seeing how we didnt have a team forever..
    Last edited by 2daBank; 10-24-13 at 10:00 AM.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    psssssh c'mon man that Ravens defense you know was one of the best defenses EVER in the NFL. That's giving wayyy too much credit to the Chiefs.

C'mon Ravensfan, c'mon...
    I know what you mean man. Im not saying this years Chiefs D is comparable to that of the 2000 Ravens, im just saying people arent giving te Chiefs enough credit. They didnt just trip and fall into 7-0, they went out and took it.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Keep in mind that Phil Steele has to start capping his games Sunday night to get the newsletter out by Tuesday but he has KC by only 4 over Cleveland. He said 5 of KCs 7 opponents have actually done better yardage wise than their season average....which is hard to believe. They should still beat Cleveland by double digits imo....Browns have no running game....Gordon is rumored to be traded every week and he's their best weapon downfield. Jason Campbell hasn't played all year....etc.

SprtsCapnGuru
    SprtsCapnGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Indy was at home on turf and has a great secondary. Plus Franklin was out so it was Vasquez first game at tackle. Franklin should be back for the KC games but KC can def rush the QB so if Denver's O-line is still beat up then the Chiefs could do damage.

Overall...I lived in KC for a year and have alot of friends there and the boring "running/good defense" philosphy will only get you so far in todays game. They never made it that far w/Priest Holmes, Trent Green, etc. and they won't do any better w/Smith and Charles. You need to be able to make some big plays downfield w/dynamic weapons and they've never believed in that.
    Not sure how long you followed the Chiefs when you lived here, but the Priest Holmes, Trent Green, etc. days had the worst defenses in the league and the best offenses. This Chiefs team is nothing like the teams of the 2000's.

SprtsCapnGuru

Not to mention, any average Chiefs fan remembers Peyton Manning coming into Arrowhead in the playoffs and beating the Chiefs in a game with no punts!!!!!

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    as soon as any competent coach figures out all you have to do is spy on jamal charles on first and second down and watch avery on third down its game over for the chiefs.

its always charles out of the backfield catching these dumb checkdown passes after alex smith goes through his reads and realises he isnt going to pass to anybody downfield beyond 10 yards because he cant throw for shit.

fukin checkdown passes to charles, thats all the chiefs are. total joke. somebody will expose them. and for gods sake when you have them on 3rd and long just please cover jamal charles on those stupid bubble screens. for penetrates sake its so goddamn easy somebody figure this out
    Haha! The Chargers fan in me loves this post.

But the realist in me says there is more to this Chiefs team, I really hope they get exposed.

However if they don't, you have to to Andy Reid.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i def feel ya on the latter,, been saying all yr at some point kc gonna get in a shootout and they dont have the ammo on offense to win a gm like that.. far as indy at home on turf i get it but not sure grass outside in the cold really favors den either and far as secondaries while indy is playing well dont think their secondary as good as chiefs, i dunno if so not by much, kc has players all over on that side of the ball... i think they will split with den with those gms being so close together and kc ability to get peyton off his spot but i been wrong before.. im with ya tho at some point the conservative nature and lack of explosiveness on offense will be the doom of this team..

i live in stl so have lot of friends that life long kc fans as well seeing how we didnt have a team forever..
    Yeah this Chiefs defense is solid, put pressure on the QB - one of the highest sack totals in the NFL and I think that's because they also have solid coverage in the backfield.

One can say it's nice to see Arrowhead stadium revitalized given their recent struggles. I can agree with that statement, I just really hope my Chargers beat this team @ home, because they will be LUCKY to beat this Chiefs team at home.

Hopefully Phillip Rivers doesn't fumble the snap again, if anyone remembers that game from 2011....
    Last edited by Jago2008; 10-25-13 at 01:44 AM.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    I know what you mean man. Im not saying this years Chiefs D is comparable to that of the 2000 Ravens, im just saying people arent giving te Chiefs enough credit. They didnt just trip and fall into 7-0, they went out and took it.
    Chiefs completely deserve credit, ironically by starting this thread I gained a bit' of respect for this team.

I evaluated some advanced stats on this team, the fact they've won in the fashion they've had w/out offensive prowess makes me believe these are the types of games they will win this year, regardless of offensive production.

If I could make a relative comparison to baseball, reminds me of the 2012 Baltimore Orioles that had a crazy winning percentage in 1 run games, and extra-inning games, for whatever reason the team exhibited great patience and delivered in crucial spots, it happens to all teams across every sport:

Baltimore Orioles splits:
    2012: 29-9 in one run games, 16-2 in extra inning games
    2013: 26-21 in one run games, 9-7 in extra inning games

Just like those stats I believed this year was an aberration for the Chiefs, but we'll see, I will keep bumping this thread if success continues in this fashion.
    Last edited by Jago2008; 10-25-13 at 01:45 AM.

SprtsCapnGuru

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    Chiefs completely deserve credit, ironically by starting this thread I gained a bit' of respect for this team.

I evaluated some advanced stats on this team, the fact they've won in the fashion they've had w/out offensive prowess makes me believe these are the types of games they will win this year, regardless of offensive production.

If I could make a relative comparison to baseball, reminds me of the 2012 Baltimore Orioles that had a crazy winning percentage in 1 run games, and extra-inning games, for whatever reason the team exhibited great patience and delivered in crucial spots, it happens to all teams across every sport:

Baltimore Orioles splits:
    2012: 29-9 in one run games, 16-2 in extra inning games
    2013: 26-21 in one run games, 9-7 in extra inning games

Just like those stats I believed this year was an aberration for the Chiefs, but we'll see, I will keep bumping this thread if success continues in this fashion.
    What?

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by SprtsCapnGuru View Post
    What?
    Might have been confusing, but what I was comparing is teams across major sports that have a winning % in close games. I should provide more examples, the same could be said in Hockey, and the NFL, MLB just came to mind because I'm more of an MLB guy with stats.

Generally the following year they struggle in the same spot.

That was the point of what I presented, nothing more.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

So is this where we see the Chiefs winning streak ends?

I think so, but in a divisional game this might be too many points to give to a KC team coming off a bye with Andy Reid. Andy Reid's record coming off a bye has been seemingly flawless, and he has a defense this year that can blitz well. Remember this Denver offensive line has some key injuries, especially on the Tackles, could be a good day for Hali and Houston.

I don't see how KC wins this game, but they could hang around for a cover.
    Last edited by Jago2008; 11-17-13 at 02:57 PM.

First 12