C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

C-Gold week 7 picks & State of the NFL rant.

I had been giving an early look and previewing the games, didn't have a chance to this week. I had a bad week last week. I know as a capper my strength is picking winners, not picking 6 games and hoping to go 4-2. I like betting where I think each and every game is going to win, yes, some will lose but I don't like the mentality thinking that the odds are in my favor and I will come out ahead.

I'm not doing every game but I am going to start out on my soap box and say that THEY are ruining the NFL.

1. Can't hit a QB low.
    2. Can't hit a QB high.
    3. Can't hit a QB with the crown of your helmet.
    4. Can't touch the QB's helmet even by accident under any circumstances (unless it ruins a fix).
    5. RB's can't lead with their helmet
    6. DB's have a bogus new foul called targeting.
    7. DB's can't touch a receiver, ever
    8. DB's can't have hard hits in the secondary
    9. DB's have to watch out for "defenseless receivers" WTF is defenseless, you have a helmet & pads.
    10. Can't touch a guy with 1 foot starting to go out of bounds, 15 yards.
    11. No more kick returns.
    12. PINK F-ING PENALTY FLAGS ALL OVER THE FIELD.
    13. Refs speaking Spanish for Hispanic Heritage month.
    14. The Rooney Rule.
    15. NFL looking at a new committee run by Tony Dungy to try and get even more black head coaches.
    16. Sissy F@$$IT BoB Costas saying the Redskins should change their team name.
    17. Sissy F@$$IT double speak Obama saying the Redskins should change their team name without saying it.
    18. FAT ASS COFFEE Bean Peter King saying he won't even say the Redskins name.

This is what you expect when the NFL is being run by a lawyer. I am so sick and tired of seeing some offensive player running to the sidelines, have 1 foot just start to touch down out of bounds as a defender shoves him and the guy cries to the refs for a 15 yard penalty. The NFL is turning into the NBA with whining for flags or even FIFA soccer. The passing records are going to be shattered. Bums like Matt Stafford are putting up Dan Marino numbers. The targeting penalty is a penetrating joke. The NFL with all of their PINK Flags, multi-cultural, anti-bullying, anti sexual LGBT bullying, hispanic heritage crap is a joke. The NFL has every living breathing white guy and black guy in America as a fan, so now they promote pink flags to get the women and Hispanic heritage to get the soccer fans. Next up they will be serving curry at games to get your company IT department to start rooting for the local team. If you literally picked up NFL players from as early as 1995 and put them into an NFL game they wouldn't even know what to do. The game has changed that much. At one time guys were getting close lined, but now you can't even hit people with your helmet. The game is being disrespected, the game is being trashed. The owners and the head lawyer are scared to death of lawsuits and they are ruining the game.

BOB Costas seriously needs to STFU. We don't give a crap about your political opinions. Last year this guy comes on the SPORTS NETWORK and tells AMERICANS that we should disregard Amendment #2... Not Amendment #13 or 19 or even 7, this jack ass is telling us that Amendment #2 should go away.

Now Costas is telling us that the Redskins team name is racist. Costas is a brain dead classically conditioned liberal. Of course the first thing out of his mouth after hearing the word "skin" is... well what if there was a different team name against BLACK people or ASIAN people???? That F-in sissy is so scared of black people that he looks like a damn fool. No Bob, the Redskins aren't the N word, nobody is going to beat you up for saying it. Stop pretending like you care. You have called them the Redskins for 30 years but now all of a sudden you can't utter the word anymore. Give me a damn break and get that dik out of your ass.

On to the picks

1. Tease San Diego + Denver.
    The Jags only lost by 16 last week. Only. Only 16! They lost all their other games, by 14, 34, 28, 10 and 26. Yes Henne is better than Gabbart, Yes Blackmon is back, yes SD has a far travel and an early game but the Jags are very crappy. When you tease SD you just need them to win. It could be ugly, they could win by 1, but Philip Rivers is a top 10 QB, they had some running game last week and the Chargers will win.

Denver, Peyton Manning is not losing when he goes back to Indy. Indy's stats on defense look good but they played their first top 10 QB last week and lost. Peyton looks unstopable this year and it's not just about awesome passing numbers. If the defense is going to give him numbers he has no problem handing the ball off over and over again.

2. Green Bay -9.5
    If Green Bay were healthy people would have no problem laying the points. I watched the GB/Bal game very closely last week and the guys who filled in on defense last week did a great job. The pack had pretty good coverage in the secondary too. The Packers defense played 59 minutes of great football and then gave up like 80 yards in 2 plays, otherwise they would have beat the Ravens, on the road by this spread and now they are at home against a weaker team.

The Pack have been winning and covering at home. Aaron Rodgers has one of the best home records and I believe the Pack covered 7 in a row at home.

I think Jordy Nelson + Finley is enough to get the job done. There is a chance Jones plays and then that is more than enough fire power. The Packers have been running the ball this year, McCarthy will design some play action and easy plays to sprinkle Boykin, Kuhn, and the RB for enough diversions and plays that move the chain while they have down the field plays to Nelson and Finley. Rodgers has had a few weeks without the TD numbers, I think he gets some this week.

Weeden is not a good NFL QB with that stupid hand grenade he threw last week. Browns run game isn't very good so Weeden will have to throw, and the Browns will probably be playing from behind. Hoyer has the brightest future on that team of the QB's. Weeden is too big and too slow. Same thing with backup Jason Campbell. Same thing with Henne. I don't like big slow guys even if they have strong arms. These guys are big, tall guys and they aren't quick enough. Hoyer is quick but he is hurt. Big slow guys are backup QBs.

3. Patriots ML -185
    Geno Smith sucks. He had 2 "ok" games... statistically... not really but statistically, but the other games he has been a turnover machine including butt fumble 2. Last week the Jets put up 6 points at home and didn't do well on offense at all. Geno is running an ultra-simplified offense. It is run the ball, dink and dunk, maybe throw a couple play action passes per half. If a coach does that he can protect a QB and make the stats look ok. If Geno actually has to take the training wheels off and play QB and throw the ball downfield he fails miserably. He is not good and he is not mature or mentally strong, he will bust. In the first meeting the Pats only won by 3. Rather than try and pick up first downs late in the game with a 3 pt lead BB had no problem punting it to Geno who had no chance at all about beating him. That should tell you what you need to know about this game.

Pats have put up 30 points twice when they needed to, and won. They only put up 13 against the Jets because that's all they needed, Geno wasn't going to beat them and they knew it. They only put up 6 against the Bengals but I saw points they left on the field, it was a bad execution day. The Pats young receivers are slowly improving and they should get the Gronk back this week. Pats win.

Still thinking about Chicago/Wash + Dal/Phi + Baltimore/Pittsburgh but I am drunk right now.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Could not agree more with your take on the league. Cannot stand that liberal pussy Goodell and never have liked him. All bout the $$ with the league even the breast cancer crap is bullshit. They are tugging on weak minded peoples hearts and pocketing most the money. Absolute greed at it's finest!

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13742

nice rant. agree about packers and weeeden too.....wont be long before weeden is a permanent backup/3rd string