easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

New York Jets +157 against the Pats

This is a game the Jets should win. Geno Smith playing a whole lot better and continuing to improve. Worth mentioning Jets should have won the game in New England had it not been for the interceptions by Geno. Patriots coming off a dramatic late win last week and Gronk's status is still questionable. Simply put this is a divisional game and I don't think the Jets lose both games to the Pats. Rex will have the defense ready and Brady will have a tough day ahead of him.

rainman993
    rainman993's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Even with Talib out it's hard seeing a situation with Geno throwing more than 2 TDs. It also looks like the Patriots receivers are getting the hint that holding on to the ball is key now, especially Edelman and Thompkins. Seriously though can't really see the Jets scoring much

Coolin
    Coolin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 292

You're talking like the jets have no injuries. Holmes is not playing, milliner is most likely not playing, Winslow is suspended. Holmes and Winslow are a big part of the jets offense. Their receivers stink!!!! I'm expecting the patriots to win by minimum a touchdown

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

I think the Jets will have a rough night.

For whatever drive Rex has to beat the Pats, Belichick's coaching ability and yearning to shit on the Jets every single year, far eclipse that.

Edelman is a legit starter so no worries about him, but Brady transformed a bunch of no-name guys into guys who look like studs. I am not quite sure, but I would assume that Amendola will also play.

Jets may win, but I don't think the moneyline properly reflects their small chances.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

New England-3 here

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Line says it all.....Jets should have a real decent chance at picking up the W at home.....This is basically their superbowl, and the Jets/Rex are preparing it as such

Pats missing Mayo, Wilfork, Tommy Kelly, Talib, possibly McCourtey on their D alone......No Gronk or Amendola on O

Jets missing Holmes hurts, but that's really about it....Cumberland has played better than Winslow at Tight End, They also get back Kerley who they missed badly in the first Pats game

Should be a good and intense game, and I'll be there trying to help your bet Easy

rainman993
    rainman993's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Line says it all.....Jets should have a real decent chance at picking up the W at home.....This is basically their superbowl, and the Jets/Rex are preparing it as such

Pats missing Mayo, Wilfork, Tommy Kelly, Talib, possibly McCourtey on their D alone......No Gronk or Amendola on O

Jets missing Holmes hurts, but that's really about it....Cumberland has played better than Winslow at Tight End, They also get back Kerley who they missed badly in the first Pats game

Should be a good and intense game, and I'll be there trying to help your bet Easy
    All the Jets starting corners are injured too though

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rainman993 View Post
    All the Jets starting corners are injured too though
    Cromartie is dinged up but should play.......Walls is the other starter and Kyle Wilson the Nickel Back

Milliner is 4th CB and only one who prob won't play.....
    Last edited by MoneyLineDawg; 10-18-13 at 01:16 AM.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

I hear the Superbowl's kind of a high pressure situation.

@OP be careful about drawing comparisons from the first game, the pats have had time to develop their new receiving corps.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    I hear the Superbowl's kind of a high pressure situation.

@OP be careful about drawing comparisons from the first game, the pats have had time to develop their new receiving corps.
    The Pats offense should play better, but so should the Jets (Geno more experience and at home, Pats Defense all kinds of banged up)

The Superbowl thing just means this game means a shitload to the Jets players and coaches, they want this one bad from what I've been hearing in interviews/articles.....Doesn't mean they'll win obviously, but I expect to see a very good effort

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

This is the perfect flip-flop public sellout game.
    Public is sour gettin buried on the Jets last week, this week they all turn on them and hammer the Patriots and get re-buried with the Jets, but in reverse mode.
    85% of the BTP picks in this game are on the Patriots.
    Jets will get it done somehow this week. Don't know how though.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10294

gutsy to take the Jets, but im passing

Noleafclover

The Pats offense should play better, but so should the Jets (Geno more experience and at home, Pats Defense all kinds of banged up)

The Superbowl thing just means this game means a shitload to the Jets players and coaches, they want this one bad from what I've been hearing in interviews/articles.....Doesn't mean they'll win obviously, but I expect to see a very good effort
    I know what you mean, I'm merely pointing out the pressure can cause mistakes as well, thats why I don't put so much stock into a rivalry mentality. Different if a team looks past a weak opponent to prepare for a strong one, but when it's personal, that can go sour as well.

True that the Jets have likely also been improving more than average as they gain synergy with the new QB. Still, don't think it's quite the same, NE's receivers have changed dramatically from week 1-6.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love how there are those that back their side based on statistics and others off of what the betting world did last week.. Lmao. Its a division game that's gonna be close.. Shall we research what Brady and Geno had for breakfast because because Brady is going to eat the sane thing because he won last matchup and Geno is going to change his because he lost and threw a few picks... Sounds just as ridiculous right?

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Don't forget that Geno threw 3 picks week 2 in Foxboro and the Pats still only won by 3 pts. Pats are way too banged up on D for me to put money on them, I can definitely see the Jets winning this SU.

Time is Money

like the over a good deal in this game, especially with the new of Gronk cleared to play. Both teams should definitely be in the 20s.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    This is the perfect flip-flop public sellout game.
    Public is sour gettin buried on the Jets last week, this week they all turn on them and hammer the Patriots and get re-buried with the Jets, but in reverse mode.
    85% of the BTP picks in this game are on the Patriots.
    Jets will get it done somehow this week. Don't know how though.
    Jets suck bruh. Is Cromartie playing?

bubblebuttluv

I just saw running across the bottom of ESPN, that Drew Rosenhaus announced that Gronk has been medically cleared to play this weekend.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    I just saw running across the bottom of ESPN, that Drew Rosenhaus announced that Gronk has been medically cleared to play this weekend.
    i bet he still does not play

bubblebuttluv

We shall see, bruh.

I have a feeling he does and Belichick shits on the Jets AGAIN.

Even with Gronk coming back from a big injury, the dude is still a freak and I think he will have a great game whenever he comes back.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good pick

Thinking out of the box

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2287

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    This is a game the Jets should win. Geno Smith playing a whole lot better and continuing to improve. Worth mentioning Jets should have won the game in New England had it not been for the interceptions by Geno. Patriots coming off a dramatic late win last week and Gronk's status is still questionable. Simply put this is a divisional game and I don't think the Jets lose both games to the Pats. Rex will have the defense ready and Brady will have a tough day ahead of him.
    How does anyone say Geno is playing better????? Do you watch the games... The Jets barely beat Atl in spite of Geno taking a bunch of stupid sacks this guy is a human turn over machine. The best was the run backwards behind the back off the goal post TD in the EndZone for the other team. Geno vs Brady 100% is a laugher BUT I agree the line is a trap Jets can win here

calven
    calven's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Don't agree with the Jets winning this one. If I remember correctly the Patriots dropped a near record amount of passes from Brady in the last matchup. Young receivers just out of sync on routes and lack of chemistry....

This time around has given them time to iron out the problems. If the PATS limit their mental errors receiving this game will be Pats ahead two scores. Don't get me wrong, the JETS are better than last year's joke of a team but -3.5 on the PATS is a joke no matter what the outcome sunday.

To sum this up - the Pats COULDN'T have played any worse than last matchup v Jets offensively and they still won the game. The Pat's recent injury to MAYO was a blow , thats the only glaring downtick I see.
    Last edited by calven; 10-18-13 at 01:00 PM.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11490

Quote Originally Posted by Coolin View Post
    You're talking like the jets have no injuries. Holmes is not playing, milliner is most likely not playing, Winslow is suspended. Holmes and Winslow are a big part of the jets offense. Their receivers stink!!!! I'm expecting the patriots to win by minimum a touchdown
    I'm not liking a bet on the Jets per se but these aren't critical injuries. Holmes has been a non-factor/non-participant for about 2 seasons, Milliner was disappointing from Day 1 and isn't a starter, and Winslow isn't as good as Cumberland.

Time is Money

Quote Originally Posted by calven View Post
    Don't agree with the Jets winning this one. If I remember correctly the Patriots dropped a near record amount of passes from Brady in the last matchup. Young receivers just out of sync on routes and lack of chemistry....

This time around has given them time to iron out the problems. If the PATS limit their mental errors receiving this game will be Pats ahead two scores. Don't get me wrong, the JETS are better than last year's joke of a team but -3.5 on the PATS is a joke no matter what the outcome sunday.

To sum this up - the Pats COULDN'T have played any worse than last matchup v Jets offensively and they still won the game. The Pat's recent injury to MAYO was a blow , thats the only glaring downtick I see.
    They're missing their best player from each of their defensive units. Wilfork on the DLine, Mayo in the LB Corp and Talib in the secondary

It's hard to overstate how valuable Gronk suiting up will be. I honestly wasn't expecting it. I truly feel it's an over play. best bet on the board in regards to this game.

Noleafclover

Quote Originally Posted by killawookie View Post
    Love how there are those that back their side based on statistics and others off of what the betting world did last week.. Lmao. Its a division game that's gonna be close.. Shall we research what Brady and Geno had for breakfast because because Brady is going to eat the sane thing because he won last matchup and Geno is going to change his because he lost and threw a few picks... Sounds just as ridiculous right?
    LMAO couldn't agree more.

easyliving

wish Gronk wasn't playing, he will likely get at least 1 TD catch today

BennyBigNuts

I'm on the jets today.
    Whole forum full of stains on the pats.
    This is the public fade of the week in the Prick contest.

BennyBigNuts

7-0
    Great start for Geno there also, looked crispy and guys were gettin open against this weak PAts Defense.

Win or lose, the Pats are a very bad 5-1 team.

LETS GO JETSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Pats-3 here

easyliving

horrible mistake by Geno

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Geno looking real good just one bad throw, jets got this if they get pressure

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

jets should get a white fullback named Ebony

Ebony and Ivory

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Jets are out playing the Pats but the Jets are making to many mistakes. Pick 6 return by Geno and special teams not covering the punt return giving the Pats excellent field position.

12 Last