KyTn
    KyTn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2421

Monday Night to Save My Roll

Well, the Texans have single handed sunk my season. I had built up a nice total and it has all but vanished. I go into Monday night down 13 beans for the week. I have 20 beans in the coffee can and am in search of the right pick for Monday night to get me back to $6 down. I'd appreciate a point in the right direction of anyone you know to be on a heater, or post it up here if you like. Thanks!

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Well, its a primetime game. Its Philip Rivers.

Its the first SNF or MNF for Andrew Luck & company... who have rolled off 3 in a row, 2 vs SF and Seattle and destroyed Jax like they should.

Remember Rivers last MNF game? 9/9 @ home vs Texans.

San Diego outscored 17-0 4th quarter and lose by 3. Rivers does not have 4 quarters in him. His defense is not reliable in late game scenarios. Neither is the offense... Rivers chokes.

Yes... choked and outscored by 17 4th quarter to the SAME TEXANS who are now 2-4 and in total disarray... blown out @ home by the RAMS.

Andrew Luck knows Monday Night is a big deal and he has ACKNOWLEDGED IT. The Colts are a team that FIGHTS and always gives 110%. When ahead.... they close the deal. When behind... they kick it into another gear... as seen last week when down 0-12 to Seattle in the 1st quarter!

The defense can close out games too. They play good man 2 man defense. Robert Mathis coming into this week was the league leader in SACKS and he steps up in the clutch. The LB'ers have played well... especially Freeman. The Safeties are playing good... even without Landry the last couple weeks. His backup has stepped in nicely. Not sure if Landry is starting or not... might be game time decision.

The offense can either get a game going on the ground w/T Rich and a nice change of pace back with the speedy D.Brown. The offense can get going with a healthy Wayne, Hilton and H-Bay. Tight end C.Fleener is playing the best stretch of his short career recently and is a nice redzone target. Gets lost sometimes with defenses focused on the top 3 WR.

Starting FB is good and hopefully he will be back for this game too. You should go check the Colts forums for threads on injuries.

Even if the run game has not dominated for the Colts... if they have a lead late in a game, they can use it to run out the clock and move the ball and convert big downs. Even if the run game has been stopped a lot.... it STILL WEARS DOWN the opponent and that has been TELLING in the Colts wins vs 49'ers and the Seahawks. You don't always need a big game from Richardson to impact the game. He wears em down and then late in the game he breaks those tackles and drags guys 2 to 3 extra yards, which is huge in this league.

I would advise you to either play the Colts or play the over. Or tease the Colts to +7 or more and tease the over down.

Good luck guy. This is the best I have to offer to help you out.

Don't factor in the "Colts are a dome team playing outside" either. They have looked BETTER outside in San Fran and in Jax than @ home at times.

This is not the Peyton Manning Colts if you haven't been awake the last 1.2 years.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

In on teasing the colts to +7, where can I get that?

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Look ahead. Peyton is coming home next Sunday night.

KyTn

I was leaning over as well, so a tease could be in play, or maybe a straight over bet. If nothing stands out I may take my lumps and hope to rebuild next week. Hard to rebuild from a short stack but doable.

mcgeezer1883
    mcgeezer1883's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Well, its a primetime game. Its Philip Rivers.

Its the first SNF or MNF for Andrew Luck & company... who have rolled off 3 in a row, 2 vs SF and Seattle and destroyed Jax like they should.

Remember Rivers last MNF game? 9/9 @ home vs Texans.

San Diego outscored 17-0 4th quarter and lose by 3. Rivers does not have 4 quarters in him. His defense is not reliable in late game scenarios. Neither is the offense... Rivers chokes.

Yes... choked and outscored by 17 4th quarter to the SAME TEXANS who are now 2-4 and in total disarray... blown out @ home by the RAMS.

Andrew Luck knows Monday Night is a big deal and he has ACKNOWLEDGED IT. The Colts are a team that FIGHTS and always gives 110%. When ahead.... they close the deal. When behind... they kick it into another gear... as seen last week when down 0-12 to Seattle in the 1st quarter!

The defense can close out games too. They play good man 2 man defense. Robert Mathis coming into this week was the league leader in SACKS and he steps up in the clutch. The LB'ers have played well... especially Freeman. The Safeties are playing good... even without Landry the last couple weeks. His backup has stepped in nicely. Not sure if Landry is starting or not... might be game time decision.

The offense can either get a game going on the ground w/T Rich and a nice change of pace back with the speedy D.Brown. The offense can get going with a healthy Wayne, Hilton and H-Bay. Tight end C.Fleener is playing the best stretch of his short career recently and is a nice redzone target. Gets lost sometimes with defenses focused on the top 3 WR.

Starting FB is good and hopefully he will be back for this game too. You should go check the Colts forums for threads on injuries.

Even if the run game has not dominated for the Colts... if they have a lead late in a game, they can use it to run out the clock and move the ball and convert big downs. Even if the run game has been stopped a lot.... it STILL WEARS DOWN the opponent and that has been TELLING in the Colts wins vs 49'ers and the Seahawks. You don't always need a big game from Richardson to impact the game. He wears em down and then late in the game he breaks those tackles and drags guys 2 to 3 extra yards, which is huge in this league.

I would advise you to either play the Colts or play the over. Or tease the Colts to +7 or more and tease the over down.

Good luck guy. This is the best I have to offer to help you out.

Don't factor in the "Colts are a dome team playing outside" either. They have looked BETTER outside in San Fran and in Jax than @ home at times.

This is not the Peyton Manning Colts if you haven't been awake the last 1.2 years.

agreed....lean on Indy. San Diego has a lot of injuries along with inconsistency. Indy has proven that they can beat big name teams, San Diego has beaten two teams from the NFC East.....which sure doesnt say much. most angles point to the colts winning SU and covering easy. Tons of computer models say that this game is the most solid over play all week.

npmassa
    npmassa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5377

Teams who beat Seattle are 3-10 ATS in their next game

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by npmassa View Post
    Teams who beat Seattle are 3-10 ATS in their next game
    Philip Rivers

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Look ahead. Peyton is coming home next Sunday night.

mcgeezer1883
    mcgeezer1883's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

T-minus 21 hours til we witness this....

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  88.1 KB

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    Andrew Luck has already been quoted as saying its MNF... and its A BIG DEAL

NO LOOK AHEAD

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

i am on colts and feel very confident in it but damn, i really wish san diego wasn't such a jekyll and hyde team. colts are stepping into elite territory i feel and san diego is just kinda floating in mediocre territory. but san diego can bite teams in the ass. ask dallas.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    i am on colts and feel very confident in it but damn, i really wish san diego wasn't such a jekyll and hyde team. colts are stepping into elite territory i feel and san diego is just kinda floating in mediocre territory. but san diego can bite teams in the ass. ask dallas.
    Talk about teams floating in mediocrity and look no further than Dallas

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Dallas is the ultimate fail team a week after a win or a good play a week after a loss.

SD was even letting Dallas back in it late until some scrub for Dallas fumbled trying to reach out with the ball for the goal line when he was like 3 yards from it

tlsmith
    tlsmith's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243

I feel like the colts are clearly the better team here. and they have seemed to play better on the road so far this year. which is kinda strange, but it must mean the team is focused and staying grounded. which is why I don't expect them to look past the chargers for sundays primetime game vs peyton manning. they are more balanced than the chargers and my prediction for the final is 30-23 colts

KyTn

I agree the Colts are the better team. There is no doubt about that IMO. The reservation I have is it's on the road...

KyTn

Went with Indy pick em. I can always make a 2nd half adjustment if need be. Hopefully richardson will have a monster game.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

Mnf is no more important than a game on sunday......
    A win or loss is applied to the record
    Points Awarded:

meader99 gave Itsamazing777 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KyTn

Well, I am starting to wonder if Brandon Lang is my daddy.