13. Brett Favre 86.3 1991-2010 2TM
    14. Joe Flacco (27) 86.2 2008-2012 rav
    15. Steve Young+ 85.8 1985-1999 sfo
    16. Matt Ryan (27) 85.2 2008-2012 atl
    17. Warren Moon+ 84.9 1984-2000 2TM
    18. Rich Gannon 84.6 1987-2004 3TM
    19. Matt Hasselbeck (37) 84.4 1999-2012 sea
    20. Ken Stabler 84.2 1970-1984 2TM
    Again, Bart Starr played versus weaker opponents due to less parity among teams. As a result, not only did he have more opportunities to make playoffs, but also perform well in them. Would be great if there was some way to adjust QB rating for disparity in competition AND changes in rules among different eras. Unfortunately no such thing exists; at least none that I know of. QB's today may face greater competition, but they also generate better stats because receivers cannot be checked all the way down the field. As a result, Greatest of all time is mostly a matter of opinion.

EDIT: Mark Sanchez is number 6 on that list

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNite View Post
    I want to see if P Manning and Denver will cover 4tds this weekend against Jax.
    It's not Peyton's job to win the game by x amont of points, just win. I also doubt Peyton plays the fourth quarter if Denver is up 31. Also the game could be a blowout and Denver still doesn't cover. Very foolish to bet this game on either side

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Nasher, off the top of my head @New England in the playoffs. Can't site the exact year unless I look it up. Vs jets playoffs early career.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Wait for the playoffs
    Yeah [ lol] first in and first out !! LOL

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good to see that all you degens have it figured out.......

this can only add more certainty to my prediction....

The facts are, once the public majority(you degens) has a trend figured out,that said trend will do a 180 with remarkable authority........

These are the laws of degeneracy.....

Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 10-12-13 at 11:35 AM.

PAULYPOKER

Fact: Denver-24 to -27.5 is the Highest point spread EVER recorded in the NFL.......

If Peyton does cover the 4TD spread...............Well, YOU KNOW!!!!!

ZOLTAR
    ZOLTAR's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck winning it all with a defense ranked in the bottom 5.

Even if they did win the SB, and they won't - but if they did, how is a QB with a 12-11 playoff record the best of all time?

Right now he's 9-11 in the playoffs. He may be the best ever for the regular season but he's a playoff loser.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by ZOLTAR View Post

Even if they did win the SB, and they won't - but if they did, how is a QB with a 12-11 playoff record the best of all time?

Right now he's 9-11 in the playoffs. He may be the best ever for the regular season but he's a playoff loser.
    Haha 1st post just to make that comment. Who are you, Lakerboys?

stevenash

An how many of the 11 playoff losses Manning was involved in you can without question attribute to Manning's poor play?

You watch much playoff football Lakerboy?
    I don't think you do.

Last season's playoff game v. Ravens:

Is it Manning's fault Rahim Moore has a brain fart and takes a who knows what fuk angle on Jacoby Jones and gets toasted.
    Is it Manning's fault Champ Bailey got abused and beat like a red headed step child by Torrey Smith?

That 17-16 loss to the Jets, Manning completed 70 percent of his passes, and had a QB rating of an ungodly 108.
    What exactly was his crime there?
    1 TD, no INT's on that Jet defense is huge.

The Charger loss in '08 was a fluke out there in SD
    Not his fault at all again.

Manning's Colts would have won two more playoff games if VandeChoke doesn't gag on two winning FG attempts too.
    Manning was solid in those two games, but you Manning haters seem to forget shank-a-saurus VandeJack cost Manning's Colts those two wins, but seem to think it was Manning attempting those two place kicks. Who do you think put the Colts in that position to win those games? Santa Claus?

Manning's teams have found a way to lose in the playoffs, with the exception of two playoff games, you can not place the blame on Manning.
    This does not make Manning a playoff loser.

You are quick to point out Denveris bottom 5 defense ranked (based on points allowed) but to fail to mention that is because opposing teams have had more offense possession than any other team. Know why? Because Denver scores so much, the opposition gets the ball back more often.

You fail to mention Denver has the second best run defense.

Nice failed first post there Zoltar, whose ghost are you anyway?

ZOLTAR

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    An how many of the 11 playoff losses Manning was involved in you can without question attribute to Manning's poor play?

You watch much playoff football Lakerboy?
    I don't think you do.
    Who the hell is "Lakerboy?" I came here looking for trends, and noticed this thread.

Last season's playoff game v. Ravens:
    He turned it over twice, but you blame the defense and don't mention either one of Manning's turnovers.

Manning's Colts would have won two more playoff games if VandeChoke doesn't gag on two winning FG attempts too.
    Manning was solid in those two games, but you Manning haters seem to forget shank-a-saurus VandeJack cost Manning's Colts those two wins, but seem to think it was Manning attempting those two place kicks. Who do you think put the Colts in that position to win those games? Santa Claus?

Blaming it on the kicker is pathetic.

Manning's teams have found a way to lose in the playoffs, with the exception of two playoff games, you can not place the blame on Manning.
    This does not make Manning a playoff loser.

No, but this does: his record in the playoffs is 9-11.

stevenash

Who the hell is "Lakerboy?" I came here looking for trends, and noticed this thread.

He turned it over twice, but you blame the defense and don't mention either one of Manning's turnovers.

Blaming it on the kicker is pathetic.

No, but this does: his record in the playoffs is 9-11.
    My conclusion based on two of your posts, you are a Manning hater, and pretty much an idiot.

ZOLTAR

I suppose we'll see, won't we? Let's remember this thread in January!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

You are quick to point out Denveris bottom 5 defense ranked (based on points allowed) but to fail to mention that is because opposing teams have had more offense possession than any other team. Know why? Because Denver scores so much, the opposition gets the ball back more often.
    I had to check this stat out and see for myself. As I suspected, it's just plain wrong. Denver's opponents have had a combined 64 offensive possessions which rank's Denver tied at #9 in the NFL, nothing too significant especially considering 6 teams are below that number because they have played one less game due to their bye week.

How about this stat? DEN is ranked #31 in the league allowing 6.3 yards per play.

stevenash

OK so I am wrong, sue me

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I love how Manning fans never bring up the fact that he had 3 touchdowns and 7 interceptions the year Addaii and the defense carried him to the title.

btw.

Pick 6 against the saints in the Super Bowl

INT in Overtime against the Ravens last year

Had 1st and goal against the Chargers the year they lost to them at home with less than 2 minutes left. He choked.

The Following year, lost to the Chargers again, only scoring 7 points in the 2nd half and Overtime. And the 7 points was on a play where the Chargers thought the play had been blown dead. All other drives in that 2nd half were 3 and outs and 1 turnover on downs where he had an incompletion on 4th and 1.

At the most his team has been an underdog 5 times of the 20 playoff games he has been on, stop with the "It's never Peyton's fault" nonsense.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Manning will win another Superbowl ring within the next three years guaranteed if not this year and it still won't shut up all they haters. Keeping fading Manning idiots, especially in the playoffs this yearManning is no different than an Ace Pitcher, he does the best he possibly can to give his team a lead or in position to win. If the Saving Pitcher can't protect a lead (NFL Defense, Special teams) the choke labels goes on the them and never the Ace. Yet people like to simply nit pick what's more convenient to their argument. Peyton Manning is the only QB Bill Billicheck will go 4 and 1 on late in games even if it's in his own territory, that in it self shows you how much respect Mannings gets even from the greatest head coach in NFL history.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Name me all the times Manning choked the most.
    Cite games and examples please.

I hear people say how much Manning is a choker, but when pressed to name games and situations, they all do the
    Ralph Kramden. hummina hummina, hummina...........
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOjBcAcKyuA

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Manning will win another Superbowl ring within the next three years guaranteed if not this year and it still won't shut up all they haters. Keeping fading Manning idiots, especially in the playoffs this yearManning is no different than an Ace Pitcher, he does the best he possibly can to give his team a lead or in position to win. If the Saving Pitcher can't protect a lead (NFL Defense, Special teams) the choke labels goes on the them and never the Ace. Yet people like to simply nit pick what's more convenient to their argument. Peyton Manning is the only QB Bill Billicheck will go 4 and 1 on late in games even if it's in his own territory, that in it self shows you how much respect Mannings gets even from the greatest head coach in NFL history.
    I was at that infamous "4th and 2" game in Indy in 2009... early November. Colts were down 14-31 early 4th quarter.

Some Pats fans were drunk off their ass and having a ball @ the time... and some fake Colts fans were leaving the stadium thinking the game was over. I was giving both of those crowds hell @ the time, telling both that you just wait until the Colts are within 1 score late and you're dumbass is either in your car hating yourself or you're drunk and sweating balls hoping your precious Brady doesn't lose after being up 17 in said 4th quarter.

Needless to say, about 5 seconds after Manning's TD to Wayne to go up 35-34 with 13 seconds left... all those Pat fans were hustling from their seats to the exits @ light speed

and the fake ass loyal Colt fans who left the stadium early... well... they're probably still hating themselves for what they did and I bet they have a closet full of Bronco jerseys today

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Wonder if anyone has Denver's defense's rankings before the game @ dallas

They're not that bad, but a high-scoring game will change the way they play. They go prevent earlier, and teams are obviously going to be passing and get the yardage on them there. Should be no surprise, too with the leads they're playing with, they're #4 in INTs.

As for Manning, he's the best ever because of his level of play.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    Should be no surprise, too with the leads they're playing with, they're #4 in INTs.
    Not quite. DEN is tied for #4-#10 with 7 other teams with 7 INTs, but remember 6 teams only played 4 games.

A more accurate stat is INT%, DEN is ranked #14 with 3.3%. So, DEN is closer to average than you suggest.

ZOLTAR

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I had to check this stat out and see for myself. As I suspected, it's just plain wrong. Denver's opponents have had a combined 64 offensive possessions which rank's Denver tied at #9 in the NFL, nothing too significant especially considering 6 teams are below that number because they have played one less game due to their bye week.

How about this stat? DEN is ranked #31 in the league allowing 6.3 yards per play.
    Thanks for caring about the facts. Mr Manning Backer obviously doesn't.

ZOLTAR

How is a guy the "greatest" if he has a losing playoff record, had multiple turnovers in a home playoff game as a big favorite last season, and is 1-1 in Super Bowls with his interception costing them the game at end vs the Saints? The only QB more overrated than Manning was/is Brett Favre.

ZOLTAR

"As for Manning, he's the best ever because of his level of play."

If he's the "best ever" there are a lot of "lesser" guys I would pick.

PLAYOFF RECORDS:

Joe Flacco: 9-4, 1-0 in SB
    Peyton Maning: 9-11, 1-1 in SB

Flacco has as many playoff wins as Manning and played SEVEN FEWER PLAYOFF GAMES and Manning has been in the NFL TEN YEARS LONGER, with teams that made the playoffs virtually every season.

Ben Roethlisbeger: 10-4, 2-1 in SB
    Peyton Manning: 9-11, 1-1 in SB

Looks like Big Ben is the polar opposite of Manning. No flashy numbers, just playoff wins and Super Bowl appearances.

Tom Brady: 17-7
    Peyton Manning: 9-11

When it comes to winning, Peyton isn't even in Brady's league.
    Last edited by ZOLTAR; 10-13-13 at 10:18 AM.

slacker00

How is a guy the "greatest" if he has a losing playoff record, had multiple turnovers in a home playoff game as a big favorite last season, and is 1-1 in Super Bowls with his interception costing them the game at end vs the Saints? The only QB more overrated than Manning was/is Brett Favre.
    At least Favre has a winning record in the playoffs. Favre gets a bum rap for hanging on too long and his off field BS.

PAULYPOKER

I suppose we'll see, won't we? Let's remember this thread in January!
    Ya mean threads like these ones?
    Indianapolis makes AFC Playoffs

The Ravens will win the Superbowl

If the Ravens lose the SB I am done posting here!!

Harbaugh Superbowl?

My wildcard round of playoffs plays

ZOLTAR

Those are good, but no big deal. I had New England +400 in their first SuperBowl. Woopee.

PAULYPOKER

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    My Steelers will save me!!!! ALL IN!!!!!!!!

Pauly lost his wad and then tried to mush the Ravens because his posted plays always lost. lol

PAULYPOKER

Noleafclover

"As for Manning, he's the best ever because of his level of play."
    Playoffs playoffs playoffs we talkin bout playoffs playoffs
    I like how you took what I said, and then didn't even respond to it in the slightest and turned it back to your go-to criticism.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    I like how you took what I said, and then didn't even respond to it in the slightest and turned it back to your go-to criticism.
    Here are the facts. Peyton is the greatest regular season QB ever. Peyton very average in the playoffs.

PAULYPOKER

Here are the facts. Peyton is the greatest regular season QB ever. Peyton very average in the playoffs.
    Wow!!

You must have put mountains of research work into that!!!

Great Job!!!

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Wow!!

You must have put mountains of research work into that!!!

Great Job!!!
    Yep. I'm trying to boil it down so even you can understand it, PaulyRavens.

Noleafclover

Here are the facts. Peyton is the greatest regular season QB ever. Peyton's teams very average in the playoffs.
    FTFY. Team game. He isn't the same in the playoffs, though, won't disagree. Average seems pushing it. But still, my point is his level of play overall is the highest there is.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

Name me all the times Manning choked the most.
    Cite games and examples please.
    Trailing by 7 in the Super Bowl against New Orleans, taking the ball in the most important drive of his life, he threw a pick-6. In 2003 he had one of his best teams ever and then in the AFCCG threw 4 INT's. Ty Law caught as many Manning passes as Marvin Harrison. And don't even get me started on how he was Steve Spurrier's personal bitch in college. You can't spell "Citrus" without "UT". (and here comes the "it wasn't Manning's fault!" whining)
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

First 12345 ... Last