Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Josh Freeman is now a Viking!

Josh freeman signed a 1 year deal. Does that mean the beginning of the end for Ponder?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...eyear-contract

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Ponder is done. He was done either way, but it is between Cassel or Freeman for the starting job now. Problem is with Freeman he a free agent next season so my guess is Cassel keeps the job.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Ponder has time. He took shit team to playoffs. Probably insurance is all.

End of the day, Ponder wins.

Making 2.7 million this year, 3.2 next year, and married to this...

DoYouNotGetIT

I just don't see the appeal to Freeman when you can draft a rookie QB who could be much better and able to lead his team to a Super Bowl.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Lucky guy

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

poor guy. has to stay home and collect a huge check and pound mrs ponder.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Curious move to say the least. Vikings aren't going anywhere this season most likely ... to pay Freeman $3 million for the rest of the year, it sounds more like he's auditioning for the future. Seems stupid to think they would be paying him that much to sit on the bench. My guess is as soon as he picks up the offense if the Vikes are still a muddling mess, he gets the job for the rest of the year to prove his mettle.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Yeah jes definitly the starter for the remainder of the season. I can't see him being the long term answer, probably dump ponder and maybe even him and draft a qb and start from square 1 with cassell as the backup.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

What you guys didn't state is that Samantha Ponder will leave him when he is no longer a starting QB.

Bitches want winners.

bubblebuttluv

Vikings should just shoot for a top draft pick.

They could have Bridgewater or Boyd or Mariotta or...

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

For Christ's sake, just go 1-15 and draft Bridgewater. At least get a black QB that's worth a shit.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post

For Christ's sake, just go 1-15 and draft Bridgewater. At least get a black QB that's worth a shit.
    exactly, waste of money and time. Just start cassell every game and start from scratch next yr

bubblebuttluv

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    exactly, waste of money and time. Just start cassell every game and start from scratch next yr
    This.

Vikings with Bridgewater and Peterson can at least compete for an NFC wild card spot regularly.

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Curious move to say the least. Vikings aren't going anywhere this season most likely ... to pay Freeman $3 million for the rest of the year, it sounds more like he's auditioning for the future. Seems stupid to think they would be paying him that much to sit on the bench. My guess is as soon as he picks up the offense if the Vikes are still a muddling mess, he gets the job for the rest of the year to prove his mettle.
    You're probably right Freeman will start otherwise why the hell would they pay him $3,000,000?

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Cool for the vikes, now they have 4 scrub QBs on their roster

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I hate being a MN fan.

Im going
    Points Awarded:

El Nino gave BIGDAY 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Good grief, the Vikings are hardly done at 1-3. They were a playoff team with Ponder last year, Cassell-Freeman can still get them back in.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Good grief, the Vikings are hardly done at 1-3. They were a playoff team with Ponder last year, Cassell-Freeman can still get them back in.
    I've watched the Vikes sign plenty of washed up QB's. They are done. Save the cash and draft a franchise QB. Nobody in MN gives a shit about being a one and done playoff team. You play to win a championship. Now the Vikings have Ponder and not one, but two stop gap QB's in Freeman and Cassel. The time table on AD is short. Vikings shot their wad on Jennings and now semi-bail on Ponder. Mismanagement at its finest. Why go 6-10, 7-9? Just throw the season and let Ponder keep blowing out there. You think people are paying $2,500 seat reservation fees for the new stadium to watch Josh Freeman, Ponder, or Cassel? It's a QB league and AD will never repeat last year's success. Their playoff birth was a fluke anyway, they don't win that last game if it meant anything to the Packers. They had zero incentive to show the Vikes anything when they played them round 1 of the playoffs.

slacker00

I've watched the Vikes sign plenty of washed up QB's. They are done. Save the cash and draft a franchise QB. Nobody in MN gives a shit about being a one and done playoff team. You play to win a championship. Now the Vikings have Ponder and not one, but two stop gap QB's in Freeman and Cassel. The time table on AD is short. Vikings shot their wad on Jennings and now semi-bail on Ponder. Mismanagement at its finest. Why go 6-10, 7-9? Just throw the season and let Ponder keep blowing out there. You think people are paying $2,500 seat reservation fees for the new stadium to watch Josh Freeman, Ponder, or Cassel? It's a QB league and AD will never repeat last year's success. Their playoff birth was a fluke anyway, they don't win that last game if it meant anything to the Packers. They had zero incentive to show the Vikes anything when they played them round 1 of the playoffs.
    If the Packers win in week 17 last year, they get a #2 seed, first round bye and SF goes to GB in the playoffs, a pretty big incentive.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Josh Freeman is the newest Byron Leftwich or Jason Campbell. How many teams will he be on in the next 3 years? NFL journeyman.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    If the Packers win in week 17 last year, they get a #2 seed, first round bye and SF goes to GB in the playoffs, a pretty big incentive.
    My mistake. I thought GB couldn't improve their seeding. Regardless, it's a QB league. Non of the ones we have will amount to shit. It's stop gap measures.

slacker00

My mistake. I thought GB couldn't improve their seeding. Regardless, it's a QB league. Non of the ones we have will amount to shit. It's stop gap measures.
    If you are a MIN fan, try to win now. No telling how many elite years Peterson has left.