53 defense
    53 defense's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4945

Hey Mike Catch the Damn Ball

As a long time, die hard Dolphin Fan, Here's a few observations with regard to one " Free Agent Stud Wide out ", Mike Wallace. He has expressed strong desire to be more involved in the offense, and it appears that the Miami brass has obliged. Unfortunately his stats don't tell the full story. I wouldn't say that his numbers were simply window dressing, but, he has displayed some very ordinary traits..... This guys got shorter arms that my brother-in-law when the check comes. He does not seem to get enough separation from the defender, nor does he
    do a good job of coming back to the ball,,,,,,,and........ he has problems CATCHING THE BALL!!!! Anyone else as frustrated with this bum as I am? I'd hasten to say that on the top Miami teams in the past he'd be a distant #3 behind Warfield and Twilly on those great 70;s teams, and #3 behind the Duper and Clayton on those 80's squads. For that matter he's no jim Mandich, Nat Moore, nor is he OJ McDuffie, Chris Chambers or Irving Fryar. What he is had better be written favorably in the future or he will become just another well paid tomato can. If he wants to be a leader on this club, he's GOT to do more, hell the kid Gibson should get more touches in my opinion.......but what go I know?

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

but he is very fast and defenses respect that. Pitt is missing him right now as he stretches the defense and opens it up for other guys. But yes, he doesn't have the skills of a #1 WR.

Sometimes it is OK to overpay for a guy. The Fins didn't want to leave Tannehill out there with nothing to stunt his growth.