ChrisInTheMist
    ChrisInTheMist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Broncos -8 1/2 vs Cowboys

Safe to bet a lot on broncos? I'm a newbie

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

As awful as the Cowboys are, I never like laying that much on a road team in the NFL. I don't care who they are playing.

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Tease it with the over on
    GB and DETROIT.

Bad news is you have to let me penetrate your old lady for sharing this with you.

mikefromsd
    mikefromsd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2257

I'm pounding Denver until further notice. Manning will pick apart that crappy zone Defense.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Tease it with Atlanta.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

line a bit high for an away game against dallas, who's good at home.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Very good spot for Dallas here. Backdoor city.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Very good spot for Dallas here. Backdoor city.
    Agreed. Don't think Cowboys are really gonna clamp down on Broncos offense, but Romo and offense should stay within a TD.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I wouldn't bet it because of the backdoor scenario. Denver would have to be up 20 in 4th for you to feel very comfortable. I expect Dallas to bring their best game because they need to make a statement that they're for real. At the end of the day though, the better team Broncos will always prevail with a win if they don't beat themselves(turnovers, Penalties).

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    I wouldn't bet it because of the backdoor scenario. Denver would have to be up 20 in 4th for you to feel very comfortable. I expect Dallas to bring their best game because they need to make a statement that they're for real. At the end of the day though, the better team Broncos will always prevail with a win if they don't beat themselves(turnovers, Penalties).
    Don't disagree, but as I read your post I winced at the idea of guys like Brock laying Denver ML.

Phanteezy
    Phanteezy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good point frog

Big Bang Clock
    TB12
    Big Bang Clock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1159

-8.5 is a shitty line. Still -7 at my book. With that said, I would still place your standard size wager on it. Dallas is a average team and Denver has been lights out with no signs of slowing down. Go for it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dallas is a simple play

also small on ML

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's never safe to bet a lot on a terrible number. Where are you getting 8.5? Should still be able to hit 7 at -120

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If you bet Denver -8 1/2 points you should not be gambling and get another hobby like golf or tennis or possibly collecting stamps
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake, and k13

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Not touching this game unless I tease Donkeys (which I'm sure I will). Denver seems to be spread proof and I'm pretty certain they win here but laying 8.5 in Dallas seems a bit much! Just cannot fade Peyton in the zone he's in and have very little confidence in Romeo. Even if Girls have a late minimal lead which is doubtful Tony will find a way to fukk it up!

AJ21
    AJ21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take Denver and back it up with the over 56. If Dallas is going to cover, they are going to have to score some big points. Denver is an offensive machine right now and every game has gone over. You might as well ride the train until it derails. Denver and Manning are on a mission

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Yeah I said the same to Fakerboy last week when he picked Eagles. Gonna have to keep up if ur gonna cover vs Denver cause they will get their pts.

ipickwinners
    ipickwinners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

take the over, manning throw for 5 TDS and moreno rushing for 1, cowboys get 38 points

42-38 broncos

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not on this game, but I find it funny how people perceive the good and bad numbers. If this was 9.5 everyone would call it a good number because it's under 10. It depends on how confident you are in the play. I'm sure we'd all agree that -6.5 was the number to get on this play, but they continually move the number to get action on Dallas. If you take Dallas because the books are hanging a 'good' number, you're doing what the books want. Usually giving money to books where they tempt you to give it is not the way to profit in the end.

I'm not for a second saying I'd prefer -8.5 over the 7 you can still get, but at the end of the day if Denver win by 17 odd points people will be kicking themselves for passing on Denver because the books were luring you to Dallas because of the number they hung.

Remember how many people last week didn't want to touch Denver because they were getting a 'bad' number laying just over 10. Did it matter in the end? If you take the hook because you think Dallas are going to lose this by 7 it's a recipe for disaster. If you think Denver wins by a minimum of 10-13 then you should play Denver. If you think Dallas lose by no more than 3 or win straight up then play Dallas. If you play a side because you think they're going to cover by a half point then you don't have a great enough edge on the play and you should be laying off.

TwoWays

still too many points to lay on the road against a good home team.

Big Bang Clock
    TB12
    Big Bang Clock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1159

Quote Originally Posted by Mocknroll View Post
    I'm not on this game, but I find it funny how people perceive the good and bad numbers. If this was 9.5 everyone would call it a good number because it's under 10. It depends on how confident you are in the play. I'm sure we'd all agree that -6.5 was the number to get on this play, but they continually move the number to get action on Dallas. If you take Dallas because the books are hanging a 'good' number, you're doing what the books want. Usually giving money to books where they tempt you to give it is not the way to profit in the end.

I'm not for a second saying I'd prefer -8.5 over the 7 you can still get, but at the end of the day if Denver win by 17 odd points people will be kicking themselves for passing on Denver because the books were luring you to Dallas because of the number they hung.

Remember how many people last week didn't want to touch Denver because they were getting a 'bad' number laying just over 10. Did it matter in the end? If you take the hook because you think Dallas are going to lose this by 7 it's a recipe for disaster. If you think Denver wins by a minimum of 10-13 then you should play Denver. If you think Dallas lose by no more than 3 or win straight up then play Dallas. If you play a side because you think they're going to cover by a half point then you don't have a great enough edge on the play and you should be laying off.
    Completely agree with this. Denver is just too hot right now to pass on IMO. I personally jumped on -7 when the line came out and feel comfortable with it. Peyton is on fire right now, they just have too many weapons and the girls wont be able to keep up.

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

P Manning and his soldiers will put this game on big show. I am riding Denver until they lose. Remember, Who is the Giants QB? I think he will do something nice on Sunday like he did with his little brother.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mocknroll View Post

It's not a bad number because it's over 8 it's a bad number because you can get a better one. If you bet a team -8.5 at -110 when you can bet them -7 at -120 you are betting a bad line, and you will lose money doing so over time.

Buford1
    Buford1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Really just a lurker here.

But I've been reading how Dallas is a strong home team......over and over.....so I wanted to find out.

Went over this season, and the last three as well.

For regular season home games, the Boys are a whopping 8-17 against the spread.

Not really impressive.

Leaning Denver.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Anything over -3 is a bad number.

TwoWays

Quote Originally Posted by Buford1 View Post
    Really just a lurker here.

But I've been reading how Dallas is a strong home team......over and over.....so I wanted to find out.

Went over this season, and the last three as well.

For regular season home games, the Boys are a whopping 8-17 against the spread.

Not really impressive.

Leaning Denver.
    no doubt.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Anything over -3 is a bad number.
    Original number always the sharpest.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624