Betpoints: 987

MobFade Week 5 Picks

2013: 29-24, +3.5 Units

Week 4: 7-6, -1 Unit
    Week 3: 8-6, +3 Units
    Week 2: 7-5, +2 Units
    Week 1: 7-7, -.5 Units

Power Rankings

Rough week with both of my 2 unit plays losing. Underlined are some early leans this week, will post write-ups as they get done:

BUF@CLE
    JAX@STL
    NO@CHI
    PHI@NYG
    SEA@IND
    BAL@MIA
    NE@CIN
    KC@TEN
    DET@GB
    CAR@ARI
    DEN@DAL
    HOU@SF
    SD@OAK
    NYJ@ATL

BIGSACK
    BIGSACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 317

Don't bet on the jags, with all the rest and desperation, the rams could easily win by 2 td +

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

I think I like the Houston Texan +6.5 the most out of the entire NFL card. It seems too many points for the Niners to lay considering they don't have the vertical threat to exploit Houston's biggest weakness, the secondary. The Texans match up well here.

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I think I like the Houston Texan +6.5 the most out of the entire NFL card. It seems too many points for the Niners to lay considering they don't have the vertical threat to exploit Houston's biggest weakness, the secondary. The Texans match up well here.
    I agree. SF and HOU are about equal IMO so anything over 3 maybe 3.5 is too many here.

MobFade

DEN-7-115 | WAGERWEB | 1 UNIT

Just in case this goes to more of a teaser-protect line, which I'm sure I'll add some of as the week goes on. With a total around 56 and climbing, laying 7 isn't so much with Manning who has been almost perfect in the least fluky way possible. He has a ton of weapons and though Dallas is only allowing about 21 points a game, those are buoyed by games against dink-and-dunk offenses in KC and STL. Against NYG and SD, who are not great offenses IMO, Dallas has allowed over 30 points. The trend says to tail the public if they are on a favorite scoring over 21 points a game when the spread is over 46.

MobFade

HOU+7-125 | TOP BET | 1 UNIT

Strongest leans remaining this week are GB, CAR, and Thurs 1st half Under. Everything else looks like it might be going into teasers unless we get significant line movement throughout the week.

HOU I like here as stated before as I see these two teams as about equal, but we're somehow able to still buy it to a TD at some books. Looks like this thing has crossed the 6 some places and I see it going to a more realistic 4 or 4.5 before it's all said and done.

Eddy Munny

I like the Bears this week a lot also. This is more or less a gut play. The Saints, fresh off of a Monday night drubbing of the Fish, hit the road as a slight favorite against a team who just got drubbed themselves and are eager for redemption. This game is on grass, outside the friendly confines of the Superdome and something tells me the Saints get handed their first loss of the season this week.

MobFade

I like the Bears this week a lot also. This is more or less a gut play. The Saints, fresh off of a Monday night drubbing of the Fish, hit the road as a slight favorite against a team who just got drubbed themselves and are eager for redemption. This game is on grass, outside the friendly confines of the Superdome and something tells me the Saints get handed their first loss of the season this week.
    Ya I agree with all that. Going to let that line ride out and looks like it will get to CHI+1.5 so we can tease with teams like DEN, GB, maybe NE, maybe PHI, and maybe IND. Probably going to play mostly teasers this week as I think there are a lot of good legs.

MobFade

Play for Thursday:

BUF/CLE 1ST HALF UNDER 20.5-110 | WAGER WEB | 1 UNIT

RotoWorld already reported a 60% chance of rain so I don't think there's any chance this line gets any better and will probably get worse. CLE is the lean for tonight and there might be a play if this thing gets much closer to -3-110 or -3-115.

Eddy Munny

No lean on the SD/Oak game? I like the Raiders quite a bit here. Their defense is respectable, whereas the Chargers D is garbage. And with Freeney being out for the year, the Chargers are gonna have trouble getting to the quarterback, especially a mobile one like Pryor. I think Pryor will be able to keep a few key drives alive just by scrambling on third down, and with zone reads on first or second. Sprinkle in a few timely deep balls, and you have the makings of an upset. Rivers' phenomenal play of late has masked a lot of San Diego's shortcomings, but that can't keep on going forever. Raiders, Bears, and Texans.....my 3 plays in the NFL.

MobFade

No lean on the SD/Oak game? I like the Raiders quite a bit here. Their defense is respectable, whereas the Chargers D is garbage. And with Freeney being out for the year, the Chargers are gonna have trouble getting to the quarterback, especially a mobile one like Pryor. I think Pryor will be able to keep a few key drives alive just by scrambling on third down, and with zone reads on first or second. Sprinkle in a few timely deep balls, and you have the makings of an upset. Rivers' phenomenal play of late has masked a lot of San Diego's shortcomings, but that can't keep on going forever. Raiders, Bears, and Texans.....my 3 plays in the NFL.
    Man, I've been fading SD since week 1 and they've burned me too many times. I don't trust Oakland's D to slow Rivers down, but gun to my head yeah I take the points with Oakland.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

over 45 is where it at in this gm..both defenses give up a ungodly completions percentage, both in the bottom of league of defending 3rd downs, neither can stop teams in the red zone.it gonna take terrible offense for this to stay under..i made total 48-51 so def some value at 45..

MobFade

Been lazy all week but got a couple things to add to the card this morning:
    CAR-1.5-110 | WAGERWEB | 1 UNIT
    GB-7-115 | TOP BET | 1 UNIT

Teams coming off the bye as a favorite are 103-64, 61.7% ATS in the last 10 seasons.

MobFade

NE-.5-110 | WAGERWEB | 1 UNIT

I guess WagerWeb is using this .5 line as teaser protect as they have it on a couple games. Was going to take this at -1 but I'll take the free half point. Trend that applies to both this and CAR:

Road teams between -7 and +3.5 bet between 60-75% by the public according to this link at close are 264-188, 58.4% ATS in the last 10 seasons. Both games should fall in that window. Patriots are getting healthier, and Bungles are banged up on Defense. Brady might have someone to throw to today in Amendola.

MobFade

Couple teasers here. Don't usually play 6.5 point teases but these two lines were in teaser-protect and TopBet offers these at -120 which is kind of the industry standard for 6 points now.

CHI+7.5/PHI+7.5 | -120 | TOP BET | 1 UNIT
    GB-1/DEN-2.5 | -110 | TOP BET | 1 UNIT

GB/DEN seems obvious. CHI I like against NO outside and PHI should at least keep it close.

NE/CIN UNDER 45.5-110 | TOP BET | 1 UNIT
    SD/OAK OVER 45-110 | WAGERWEB | 1 UNIT

100% chance of rain and a chance of thunderstorms. I don't think this line has factored that in yet as I'm sure the over got hammered all week. Tailing bank on the SD/OAK over as it makes sense.

MobFade

Adding TEN and another unit to Carolina which is now a 2 unit play:

TEN+3-110 | BOVADA | 1 UNIT
    CAR-1.5-110 | WAGERWEB | 1 UNIT

100% rain in Tennessee for this game and chance of thunderstorms. Getting a full FG with the home dog in what should be a low-scoring affair with total down to 39 and a capable backup in Fitzpatrick playing for TEN. Trend is teams that allow less than 21 PPG that are 3 point dogs or greater in a game with a total under 46 and that the public is less than 50% on are 115-87, 56.9% ATS. I like KC and they were the lean early in the week but a full FG was too good to pass up.

Dfjay9
    Dfjay9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3196

gl today.

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    over 45 is where it at in this gm..both defenses give up a ungodly completions percentage, both in the bottom of league of defending 3rd downs, neither can stop teams in the red zone.it gonna take terrible offense for this to stay under..i made total 48-51 so def some value at 45..

I like this bet too, but no McFadden and no floyd makes me a little apprehensive

MobFade

Card before kickoff:

DEN-7-115 | 1 UNIT
    HOU+7-125 | 1 UNIT
    CAR-1.5-110 | 2 UNITS
    GB-7-115 | 1 UNIT
    NE-.5-110 | 1 UNIT
    TEN+3-110 | 1 UNIT

CHI+7.5/PHI+7.5 -120 | 1 UNIT
    DEN-2.5/GB-1 -110 | 1 UNIT