Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

I'm still alive in my survivor pool!..Looking for input from the forum!

Well, the season is a quarter over, and there are only 15 people left in my survivor pool....two weeks ago, we lost 21 because they all took Minnesota over Cleveland when the easiest play on the board was Seattle over Jax!......Anyhow, as most of you know, you are only allowed to each team once and that's it!....I've narrowed it down to Green Bay over Detroit, (at Lambeau)....St.Louis over Jax (at St.Louis) ....Atlanta over NY Jets (at Atlanta)...I need just a straight up winner, no point spreads....however, give me your absolute "lock"...I will consider it if I haven't played that team yet!...BTW our jackpot is $4,500!...that's a nice little chunk of change!...

uvarunthetable
    uvarunthetable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3474

St. Louis-- They have the best chance to win (based on the lines) and they are not a team you want to save for any future weeks. Seems like a no brainer to me, BOL

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Hard to believe StLouis will be this strong of a favorite the rest of the year.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

im not convinced lambs can beat jax, mjd should be able to run on their soft ass d, jags get blackmon back and rams cant defend wrs either, bradford every bit as bad as the crap jags throwing out there at qb,, i agree this will be only gm all yr you can even consider stl but im not doing it..

think im good going with atl but havnt decided yet..

Da Manster!

I'm looking at that game as well guys but any chance the Rams possibly "overlook" the Jags?...and we all know the Jags are going to get that first win sooner or later, right?...The only thing that scares me is that the Rams have looked like shit all year long and I'm not sure if I trust QB Sam Bradford just yet.

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Has to be the Rams. I'd want to 'save' Green Bay and Atlanta. Pretty absurd to think you would play an 0-4 as a survivor pick but I think the key to winning is to pick whoever is playing Jax every week.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    I'm looking at that game as well guys but any chance the Rams possibly "overlook" the Jags?...and we all know the Jags are going to get that first win sooner or later, right?...The only thing that scares me is that the Rams have looked like shit all year long and I'm not sure if I trust QB Sam Bradford just yet.
    overlook? no..lose? very possible..seriously mjd, shorts, blackmon, is more talent than the lambs have, i get jags are terrible but so is stl from what i have painfully seen.. never trust bradford, he is a scrub..everyone that thinks they gonna win taking the team playing jax every week will be bounced by the halfway point (hopefully this week), while they worried bout future matchups it doesnt matter if you dont win this week and lets be real you only hve to pick 17 different teams so no reason to ever play stl if ya ask me..

Da Manster!

I totally agree with your assessment 2dabank!....I don't get why people play "scrub" teams...there are only 16 games in a season meaning you just have to pick the top 16 teams or so each and every week and literally avoiding the bottom half of the league...bottom line, it's not necessary to risk playing a mediocre or shit team...I do look for the biggest spreads, and also the home team, but it's more about matchups as well......I'm kind of leaning towards Atlanta against the Jets but still waiting for more feedback from our esteemed members.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Haven't done one of these, but I'd imagine it's a balancing act. Always take the worse team if similar change of success seems pretty obvious.

Atlanta clearly the highest likelihood imo. Be nuts to take GB over Atlanta this week, even from a "looking to the future standpoint," if you believe Atlanta will at some point be the better team (I think so, but only marginally).

Rams still worth a look if injuries are favorable, should win but could get run over by MJD. Depends how many elite teams you've played already and how conservative you are.

retire/early
    retire/early's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would use Atlanta on Monday night....they are going to play as a desperate team against a non-threatening offense in a hostile dome......jets have not even a punchers chance against the falcons this week. BOL to you

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I'm taking STL. But betting-wise I like JAX, so I'm obviously conflicted. I guess I'll sorta be hedging both ways.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I'm taking STL. But betting-wise I like JAX, so I'm obviously conflicted. I guess I'll sorta be hedging both ways.
    So you think St. Louis is the strongest play this weekend in the NFL to win straight up?!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by retire/early View Post
    I would use Atlanta on Monday night....they are going to play as a desperate team against a non-threatening offense in a hostile dome......jets have not even a punchers chance against the falcons this week. BOL to you
    thats the pick im leaning towards, atl red zone woes are worrisome tho and id suspct jets will be able to run against them..that said geno has been god awful on the road and matty ice has been too good at home to all a sudden drop b2b home gms i would think..

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

Atlanta is nice but if Ryan throws a couple of picks it could be a game. I would go with St. Louis

Ferndog68
    Ferndog68's Avatar Become A Pro!

teams to consider would be atlanta, rams, gb. but it would be best to save the better teams when possible. so rams would be it. I am also in my survivor league. 31 left out of 86. I made a deal with two other buddies who are still in it. so we have 3 picks out of 31 left. not bad.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Jikos View Post
    Atlanta is nice but if Ryan throws a couple of picks it could be a game. I would go with St. Louis
    living in stl ive just watched to much of the lambs to think they are good enough to trust against anyone.. seriously jags have more talent on the offensive side than stl does..stl defense should be good however they are not..

joeygats
    joeygats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 526

jags ML has really caught my eye ill prob put 25 on that

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by joeygats View Post
    jags ML has really caught my eye ill prob put 25 on that
    the same thought has crossed my mind once or twice..

slacker00

So you think St. Louis is the strongest play this weekend in the NFL to win straight up?!
    It's the best one, but I don't love any of them. I guess ATL would be my second choice, but I can use ATL down the line.

DSSCA
    DSSCA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1844

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    It's the best one, but I don't love any of them. I guess ATL would be my second choice, but I can use ATL down the line.
    You can't use anyone down the line if you don't get past this week.

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Dark Horse: Taking San Diego . I would take San Diego, because Oakland is awful with Matt Flynn at QB.

Det@GB is a stay away.
    NYJ@Atl Like that Atlanta is the home team and came off of a loss. New York Jets have a great pass defense though.
    Jax@Stl Jacksonville sucks, but Rams aren't a good team. Jacksonville probably isn't going to go 0-16 so I see them being able of winning a game vs. the Rams.

Out of those 3 I would take Atlanta because Jets offense is ran by a rookie, Atlanta coming off of a loss, Atlanta can score points, and Jets offense is not explosive.

St Louis game seems like a game most people left in your survivor pool will have. Biggest moneyline and a team no one will take again. Atlanta the only other time you can take them against is Tampa Bay two weeks from now, because that is the only bad team they face until December 1st when they face the Bills.
    Last edited by DoYouNotGetIT; 10-02-13 at 10:52 AM.

Da Manster!

Thanks for the input guys!...It seems like we are all on the same page to a certain degree...I'm going with my gut feeling and having thought it over, I'm taking Atlanta over Jets!...At home, on MNF at primetime, the Falcons will be desperate and need to make a statement...Clearly, they are the better team and I sincerely believe the Jets were exposed last week against the Titans...and they were very lucky to beat Buffalo...If I win this week, I'll keep the thread going until I lose or until I'm the only one left standing!...It would be comical if the other 15 people left in my pool chose the Rams and Jax beats them!...Jags getting back WR Blackmon back was the final nail in the coffin for me to stay away from this game.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by DSSCA View Post
    You can't use anyone down the line if you don't get past this week.
    Good point. I'm switching to ATL. STL isn't the team I want to live and die with. JAX-STL is two bad teams, anything can happen, and I do like JAX in that game. ATL is virtually unbeatable at home despite what happened last week against an undefeated NE team. ATL isn't going away quietly at home and the NYJ with their rookie QB will get everything they can handle and more in the dome. I'll let the other guys sweat it out with STL if they want them.

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

What's funny is that this is clearly the best survivor pool pick on the board, yet there aren't enough teases to 2.5 that the books have moved it to 10 yet. Got it in two teases myself.

2daBank

Thanks for the input guys!...It seems like we are all on the same page to a certain degree...I'm going with my gut feeling and having thought it over, I'm taking Atlanta over Jets!...At home, on MNF at primetime, the Falcons will be desperate and need to make a statement...Clearly, they are the better team and I sincerely believe the Jets were exposed last week against the Titans...and they were very lucky to beat Buffalo...If I win this week, I'll keep the thread going until I lose or until I'm the only one left standing!...It would be comical if the other 15 people left in my pool chose the Rams and Jax beats them!...Jags getting back WR Blackmon back was the final nail in the coffin for me to stay away from this game.
    i live in stl so at least a handful of guys will have rams, prob not majority cause im sure they all realize how bad lambs are as well,,def be helpful to me if jags could knock lambs off tho