BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19187

How is Blaine Gabbert even in the NFL let alone starting?

He's total garbage stealing money. Only completes half his passes and throws more INTs than TDs. Just b/c he's drafted 10th overall he gets year after year to develop? They're sickening to watch. No wonder the jaguar organization tries to get their fans drunk, only way to watch them. NFL seriously needs to consider contraction if this is the crap they put out on the field. Horrible, but Gus Bradley and Dave Caldwell are standing by him. Jags are a freak show.

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10436

I have to think it comes from higher up the food chain on gabber. I mean the guy is just horrendous. I have no idea why they insist on going back to him when it was clear that Henne is light years better than him. and Henne isn't even that good lol. I guess they figure if they ride him out one more year they will be bad enough to get another qb in 2014 draft. I don't know how Jax fans stomach it every week.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I guess JAX was hoping for a Jake Locker type of resurrection for Gabbert. Blackmon back next week could help.

higherlife
    higherlife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

i live in jacksonville. i know it is old but everyone in jax still hoping for tebow even though he is not the answer. businesses are spending money on billboards, promising to pay his salary for multiple years and buy all unsold tickets. yes it will draw a lot of "tebow fans" to the stadium, sell lots of merchandise and he would be a great fit for our community. but jaguar fans ( i am have been one since the beginning) say one thing and will do the other. MJD was a fad that is now dwindling fast, tebow would be the same. it is hard to go to the games but to fill the stands they have this promotion going on, by a ticket and get 2 free beers in the stadium but the fans still complain. Yesterday i would estimate by the fourth quarter maybe 5000 fans in the stadium and that a generous estimate.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Maybe JAX ownership is trying to kill the team so they can move to a different market?

greypimps
    greypimps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1736

Like other guy said... They think this guy have it in him and he just needs that time to find it.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

It just looks like he has regressed. Looked more promising previous years. Incredible difference in quality between top and bottom starting QBs.

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Could Tebow be worse that Gabbert?? No. Tebow was a proven college winner. I know his arm is not up to top NFL standards. But hell, JAX isn't really even an NFL team. I took 20 points with them against SEA and it wasn't even close. At least Tebow would fill the stands.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19187

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Maybe JAX ownership is trying to kill the team so they can move to a different market?
    This makes the most sense, trying to get big bucks to move to LA. I also agree with catchn picks playing Tebow, a so called "circus" is better than a freak show or no show at all. If he does well he can go to LA and play for team there, if he doesn't he can go to LA and play for the Kiss. Once and for all the can Tebow play question would be answered and the fans get what they want, Jacksonville makes money, and a high draft choice if they don't win.

i personally would like to see the spread option in JAX with Maurice Jones Drew, it might give him new life as well like it did Mcgahee in Denver. Tebow's replacement for Jets already has 11 turnovers this year, 1 almost as embarrassing as the butt fumble.
    Last edited by BarkingToad; 10-01-13 at 05:51 AM.

JM17
    JM17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    He's total garbage stealing money. Only completes half his passes and throws more INTs than TDs. Just b/c he's drafted 10th overall he gets year after year to develop? They're sickening to watch. No wonder the jaguar organization tries to get their fans drunk, only way to watch them. NFL seriously needs to consider contraction if this is the crap they put out on the field. Horrible, but Gus Bradley and Dave Caldwell are standing by him. Jags are a freak show.
    u mad jax fan?