Chip Kelly is getting owned by Andy Reid

Wow

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

rookie coach losing to a 15 year vet.

who woulda thunk it.

stick to stalking brock, only thing you're good at.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

they both sucking. not quality football.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

This is surprising?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

alex smith is terrible or theyd be up 30

TwoWays

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    alex smith is terrible or theyd be up 30
    yeah, he's really bad. today is like the showcase of bad qbs, in nfl and college.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yes

its real obvious too

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

It is not Chip Kelly's fault that Vick has a bird brain.

Vick is a coach killer. Dumb as bricks.

jjgold

Well we wil not here about Phila rest of year

That run is over

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

chip Kelly has two choices soon university of texas or USC

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's obviously doing something right with the offense. Rolling up 400+ yards. The problem is the same problem they had under Andy Reid. Bad red zone efficiency and now turnovers are glaring their head again. If you amass 431 yards of offense and only muster 16 points, you have to fix something. QB play was the easy problem area tonight. Vick played poorly and the O-line was bad in pass protection.

The defense did a good job this week, albeit against a pretty Vanilla KC offense that showed some of those good old Andy Reid inefficiencies in the red zone also.

As for coaching this game, I'd call it a draw. Without the field position from turnovers, KC wasn't exactly lighting up what had been a very poor defense in the first two weeks.

Chip didn't do a terrible job, the offense played better in the 2nd half - but you're settling for FGs instead of getting touchdowns. That is the big difference the last two weeks vs. the Redskins game where they were scoring TDs more.

The main difference wasn't coaching, it was QB play. Smith didn't fukk up. Vick did.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    not so fast my friend. Chip still hasnt unleashed his offense yet.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post

The main difference wasn't coaching, it was QB play. Smith didn't fukk up. Vick did.
    maybe that's because of coaching though, imo, stressing not throwing into coverage? idk
    no accident we saw smith drop back for 10 seconds and never throw it, he did it all game, he just didn't want to turn it over
    alabama teaches the same thing to mccarron, it's just a conservative approach, it's not left up the the qb

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    usc easy .... Austin is under rated its really nice but live on the beach in LA Malibu mannhattan beach you pick be lower stress out here too in Texas they actually care about football usc cares but its not on a Texas level. guy should have never ever left Oregon 10 wins nike money backing you ever year not bad.

gomiamigo
    Colts NFL ats
    gomiamigo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1404

Yeah, punt fumble, 2 picks, poor snap -- Chip is a moron.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    maybe that's because of coaching though, imo, stressing not throwing into coverage? idk
    no accident we saw smith drop back for 10 seconds and never throw it, he did it all game, he just didn't want to turn it over
    alabama teaches the same thing to mccarron, it's just a conservative approach, it's not left up the the qb
    I don't think that is the case at all. If it is, then Reid was the worst coach in the league the last two years with all the mistakes Vick made. If you look at Smith's body of work, he's never been a risk taker - that may be coaching, but if it is - I think it's more what he learned in San Fran than anything Reid taught him. Smith only had 10 picks combined in his last two years with the Niners. He has better decision making.

Vick was averaging a pick a game in that same span (under Reid). Let's also remember in games 1 & 2, he did not throw a pick under Chip. He had a bad game tonight for sure and I don't think the coach is to blame so much for it, just poor decision making on Vick's part and poor O-line play in the passing game.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

pretty good counterpoint
    you win eagles

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Eagles will be fine, just bad matchup

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

People are so stupid.

It's players. Not plays. Kansas City is a better football team.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Chip Kelly Is A Joke Of A Coach Period. Like His Little TWo Point Conversion Try Lmao. He Will Be oUT Of The NFL In 3 ,Years.

beerman2619

Andy Reid Is By Far A Better Coach Then Chip Kelly Learn The Game kids

EaglesPhan36

The thing people also might be overlooking is that Vick may have pressed in this game wanting to play well against Reid. Remember, that is the guy who gave him his 2nd chance in life. There was a definite difference in his play tonight vs. the first two weeks.

I think you find out a lot about Chip Kelly in this next game at Denver. Long break, lots of prep time. I still think the key is scoring TDs vs. FGs. When you run a hyper tempo offense, you have to be able to score more TDs because the opposition is going to have the ball in some cases like tonight - twice as much as you. I think the defense did what it needs to do with this sort of offense tonight - it held the opposition to FGs more often than not. I'll take my chances with this offense if the defense is going to hold the opposition to FGs in four of their five red zone opps. Of course the pick 6 did not help.

To me, Andy is not that different from Chip Kelly so far from what I have seen. Two good offensive minds, but two guys who are not great in-game coaches at making adjustments. Chip might prove that wrong some day, but Andy hasn't shown much different in adjusting when things aren't working in his coaching career. He's been blessed with a lot of good times where things worked or worked enough to overshadow that fault.

Andy Reid is a good coach, but he's not going to out coach many coaches - especially your top tier guys. Watching him for over a decade with Philly - that is an easy thing to see. If he was a GREAT coach, they would have had a Championship or at least a couple more Super Bowl appearances. He was also a poor personnel man IMO. McNabb was a great call on his part to bring him in and craft him into a solid QB in that offense, but he wasted a lot of McNabb's prime without getting him help at skill positions.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 09-19-13 at 11:43 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Chip kelly is just another failed college coach who tried to change the nfl. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

beerman2619

Eagles Fans Are So Bucking Delusional. You GuyS Racked Up Yards Vs Skins And Chargers. Two Of The Worst Defenses In The League. First Good Defense Played Today Got Shut Down. Andy Reid Is Probably One Of The Best Coaches To Coach In NFL And The Eagles Fired Him.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Patience Eaglesphan,

expectations changed too quickly after the rusty RG3 performance

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Patience Eaglesphan,

now they have the film

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

we really need to stop making excuses for vick
    the dude is a TO machine and is built with cardboard

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Eagles Fans Are So Bucking Delusional. You GuyS Racked Up Yards Vs Skins And Chargers. Two Of The Worst Defenses In The League. First Good Defense Played Today Got Shut Down. Andy Reid Is Probably One Of The Best Coaches To Coach In NFL And The Eagles Fired Him.
    432 yards tonight. That is shut down? That's only about 10 yards less than the Redskins. Two Simple differences tonight pal, turnovers killed them and when they did get in the red zone - they were not scoring TDs. If you're under 50% TDs vs. FGs in the red zone, you're not gonna win regularly.

Guys are trashing Vick tonight .... guy was solid the first two weeks. This was his first bad week. Maybe there's more to come, but you know you have to deal with games like this from him. I still think he pressed himself too much tonight to try and play well against his former coach too.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Vick has never lived up to his college days. Its criminal that he is still getting a paycheck.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Patience Eaglesphan,

now they have the film
    I'm a bit confused by the people who are all of a sudden thinking this offense is terrible. 30 points the first two weeks. I'll take that every week and think you should have a shot to win. Hell, we would have killed for that the last couple years under Reid. I think they are going to move the ball almost every game, it's a matter of cashing in scoring opps for TDs more than FGs. Same story as usual. This week obviously they did a piss poor job. Ran the bell very well again tonight. Consistency has been an issue. I think the play calling showed better balance tonight, but the execution was shit. The first two weeks, it was one extreme to the other. Too much running in Week 1 after they got the lead. Too much passing last week. This week that balance was better, or at least I thought so.

I do agree the Redskins game set the bar too high -- I don't think we knew that the Redskins were not good or at least not good so far.

TwoWays

it's just looking more like fact that you can't run his style of offense in the pros. nfl qbs are too valuable to expose to hits.

EaglesPhan36

I think more of Vick's hits have come as a result of his own stupidity and/or poor line protection. Not all of these are coming from designed runs. I think he was getting hit just as much last year because their O-line was decimated with injuries.

jjgold

They has over 260 yards rushing

What is stat of losing with all that running yardage??

Has to be extremely low

Phila has to play Vick

Foyles is way worse

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Chip kelly is just another failed college coach who tried to change the nfl. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
    3 games in and he's failed?

jjgold

Next week in Denver

Zero shot

12 Last