Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Huck's 2013 NFL/NCAA Picks

I know, you pals have never fukkin heard of me. Just gonna try to do some write-ups, win some games here and there, keep an honest record, and ignore trolls. If I do well, follow. If I suck, fade. No locks in this thread - no such thing. Won't promise any of these win.

Gonna play a 1-5* system. 1* = 1 unit, 5* = 5 units. Easy enough. You won't see many 5* bets.

Pick 1: Clemson (-13.5) @ NC State -- 3* - Clemson travels to NC State tonight to play a Wolfpack team that has given them problems the last few years. I think tonight will be different though. Over the last 2 years Clemson has finally proved it can win the big game (LSU, Georgia most recently). The Georgia win at the beginning of this year should have really lit a fire under them. They fully believe they can get to the NC Game and know they must go undefeated to do so. Not only must they go undefeated, but they know they must win big or they will lose out to the final bid to Oregon (assuming both go undefeated).
    Clemson lost their #2 WR but I'm not too worried about it here. Boyd and Watkins will provide enough problems for NC State. Also, keep in mind Clemson's top rusher McDowell is averaging over 5 yards a carry. TOUGH matchup for NC State on D.
    NC State's offense worries me as well. Their leading receiver/rusher are both TRUE freshman and I just don't think they handle the spotlight very well here. Doesn't help that they have backup QB Pete Thomas playing and he has yet to throw for a TD. Overall, NC State very young and will be outmatched here tonight against a Clemson team that SHOULD be out to prove themselves on the big stage. I like Clemson by 20+.

Pick 2: Chiefs (+3) @ Eagles -- 1* - I would not be shocked to lose this but I'm willing to put a unit on the Chiefs here. Short week will be tough for them to prepare for the Eagles O but SD played the Eagles on a short week and pulled off the W so not too far fetched. This Chiefs D will be the best D the Eagles have played so far (4 probowlers last year) and I think it will show a bit tonight. Vick should be pressured quite a bit tonight and I'm interested to see if he can make it through the game without getting hurt. Even if he stays healthy, the question I have in this game is can the Eagles D stop the Chiefs O. I am thinking no. The Chiefs finally have a QB that can make a few throws and not turn the ball over every other possession. Also, they have a guy named Jamaal Charles who can be a nightmare to play against. I think both O's get theirs and this game comes down to who's D can make an important stop. I like the Chiefs D in that one. I like the Chiefs to win by 2.

Feel free to share your thoughts on the games, what side you're on, and what you'll be drinking during the games. Me? Prob just Jack on the rocks tonight.

Last edited by Huckleberry Pig; 09-20-13 at 10:12 AM.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry Pig View Post
    I know, you pals have never fukkin heard of me. Just gonna try to do some write-ups, win some games here and there, keep an honest record, and ignore trolls. If I do well, follow. If I suck, fade. No locks in this thread - no such thing. Won't promise any of these win.

Gonna play a 1-5* system. 1* = 1 unit, 5* = 5 units. Easy enough. You won't see many 5* bets.

Pick 1: Clemson (-13.5) @ NC State -- 3* - Clemson travels to NC State tonight to play a Wolfpack team that has given them problems the last few years. I think tonight will be different though. Over the last 2 years Clemson has finally proved it can win the big game (LSU, Georgia most recently). The Georgia win at the beginning of this year should have really lit a fire under them. They fully believe they can get to the NC Game and know they must go undefeated to do so. Not only must they go undefeated, but they know they must win big or they will lose out to the final bid to Oregon (assuming both go undefeated).
    Clemson lost their #2 WR but I'm not too worried about it here. Boyd and Watkins will provide enough problems for NC State. Also, keep in mind Clemson's top rusher McDowell is averaging over 5 yards a carry. TOUGH matchup for NC State on D.
    NC State's offense worries me as well. Their leading receiver/rusher are both TRUE freshman and I just don't think they handle the spotlight very well here. Doesn't help that they have backup QB Pete Thomas playing and he has yet to throw for a TD. Overall, NC State very young and will be outmatched here tonight against a Clemson team that SHOULD be out to prove themselves on the big stage. I like Clemson by 20+.

Pick 2: Chiefs (+3) @ Eagles -- 1* - I would not be shocked to lose this but I'm willing to put a unit on the Chiefs here. Short week will be tough for them to prepare for the Eagles O but SD played the Eagles on a short week and pulled off the W so not too far fetched. This Chiefs D will be the best D the Eagles have played so far (4 probowlers last year) and I think it will show a bit tonight. Vick should be pressured quite a bit tonight and I'm interested to see if he can make it through the game without getting hurt. Even if he stays healthy, the question I have in this game is can the Eagles D stop the Chiefs O. I am thinking no. The Chiefs finally have a QB that can make a few throws and not turn the ball over every other possession. Also, they have a guy named Jamaal Charles who can be a nightmare to play against. I think both O's get theirs and this game comes down to who's D can make an important stop. I like the Chiefs D in that one. I like the Chiefs to win by 2.

Feel free to share your thoughts on the games, what side you're on, and what you'll be drinking during the games. Me? Prob just Jack on the rocks tonight.

Can't fool me... I know who you are... you just been gone for a while.

Like your Chiefs... especially since you can get points plus + money on odds.

Finally gave in to my fear of significant RLM and played NC State +14/-120.

As for me... pack of Marlboro Menthol 100's with a pot of coffee and glass of iced tea on tha rocks!

Good luck to ya kiddo...

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Night-Tripper View Post
    Can't fool me... I know who you are... you just been gone for a while.

Like your Chiefs... especially since you can get points plus + money on odds.

Finally gave in to my fear of significant RLM and played NC State +14/-120.

As for me... pack of Marlboro Menthol 100's with a pot of coffee and glass of iced tea on tha rocks!

Good luck to ya kiddo...

switch to those ecigs. just lookin out for ya

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

switch to those ecigs. just lookin out for ya
    I already have lived longer than I expected (or should have), so I believe in enjoying the real thing.

The only concession I've made after building a new home, was to not smoke in the house. So, I go out on the patio and watch the game on my big-screen from there (so what if the neighbors hear me *mother-fukking* or *catch the mother-fukker* or whatever, right?).

cotes17
    cotes17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Double post lol

cotes17

I like the Clemson play buddy! On that one with ya. Have to say I'm liking the eagles tonight so we'll be against each other there haha

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Night-Tripper View Post
    I already have lived longer than I expected (or should have), so I believe in enjoying the real thing.

The only concession I've made after building a new home, was to not smoke in the house. So, I go out on the patio and watch the game on my big-screen from there (so what if the neighbors hear me *mother-fukking* or *catch the mother-fukker* or whatever, right?).
    i see nothin wrong with it

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by cotes17 View Post
    I like the Clemson play buddy! On that one with ya. Have to say I'm liking the eagles tonight so we'll be against each other there haha
    ha no worries, i recall it happening in the hockey thread from time to time. Can't say I wish ya luck on that pick but let's go Clemson

Huckleberry Pig

Not a bad start. Was actually worried, lots of times underdogs come out really hyped and can steal a big play or two

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Gl hucker

Berry is good peoples, knows his shit....

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Gl hucker

Berry is good peoples, knows his shit....
    thanks for checkin in LK. You playin anything tonight?

cotes17

Rye and Coke during the game for me

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Nah, Don't like anything...

I'm an Eagles fan and I just want to enjoy the game, if I had a second favorite team it be KC...

I locked in some plays for the weekend

NCAAF: Duke +4.5, North Texas +33, USC -6.5
    NFL: Houston -2.5, Minny -6, Miami -3, Tampa +7

Huckleberry Pig

NC State D-line lookin good

Huckleberry Pig

you knew NC State would come out riled up. Clemson just gotta get through this initial push

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Nah, Don't like anything...

I'm an Eagles fan and I just want to enjoy the game, if I had a second favorite team it be KC...

I locked in some plays for the weekend

NCAAF: Duke +4.5, North Texas +33, USC -6.5
    NFL: Houston -2.5, Minny -6, Miami -3, Tampa +7
    good call - I never bet the Razorbacks for that reason. If they win, I just wanna enjoy it. Like the picks - esp the North Texas pick. I'm afraid to touch USC, too inconsistent as of late for me. Like Minny, and Miami (Atl has trouble with physical teams/not in domes). Tampa just worried about the drama with Freeman, I think they have the talent to keep it close.

Huckleberry Pig

NC State punter POG so far

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

GL, Hucker Pigger

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    GL, Hucker Pigger
    cheers nino. just tryin to make it big time here at SBR

on a more serious note, would be great to hear your input on games and what not

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Good luck Huck. I just have under 61.5, took it live with about 6 left in 1st quarter.

Really torn on the NFL, but has to be Chiefs or pass, just seems unpredictable. Probably live bet that one too.,

Huckleberry Pig

Boyd not stepping into his throws, throwing off his back foot. worried about the pass rush.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    Good luck Huck. I just have under 61.5, took it live with about 6 left in 1st quarter.

Really torn on the NFL, but has to be Chiefs or pass, just seems unpredictable. Probably live bet that one too.,
    like your under. Clemson not groovin yet, NC State Offense BAD. Agree on Chiefs or pass. GL Odog and welcome to the thread

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

cheers nino. just tryin to make it big time here at SBR

on a more serious note, would be great to hear your input on games and what not
    Will share my limited knowledge when I have some. No real strong opinion on the Thursday Night NFL game. Played an under 5 sacks prop for some action. Gun to my head, I prob take the points with KC. I think we see a heavy dose of Jamaal Charles.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Will share my limited knowledge when I have some. No real strong opinion on the Thursday Night NFL game. Played an under 5 sacks prop for some action. Gun to my head, I prob take the points with KC. I think we see a heavy dose of Jamaal Charles.
    agreed, their KC best D may be their O. If Charles can run it well, run the clock, and keep Eagles O off the field - it will help big time.

Huckleberry Pig

Boyd looking like dik right now. Has missed two wide open receivers for TDs and a wide open receiver there. needs to get his damn head in the game

cotes17

Come on Clemson we need some points here!!!

cotes17

Vick needs to get into the game here

cotes17

There's vintage Vick! 61 yard run!

Huckleberry Pig

there we go. Needed that BAD.

Cotes how the rye and cokes?

cotes17

there we go. Needed that BAD.

Cotes how the rye and cokes?
    Fukking amazing lol can't beat some drinks and Thursday night football. Tomorrow's the last work day if the week so can't get much better

Huckleberry Pig

Fukking amazing lol can't beat some drinks and Thursday night football. Tomorrow's the last work day if the week so can't get much better
    hear ya on that. we normally get to leave early on fridays too. I prob get more capping done on fridays than any other day of the week. Anyone needs me to run a proforma or analysis on friday can wait till monday hah

cotes17

hear ya on that. we normally get to leave early on fridays too. I prob get more capping done on fridays than any other day of the week. Anyone needs me to run a proforma or analysis on friday can wait till monday hah
    Same here man. Gotta love Fridays, that also means it's closer to football Sunday

Huckleberry Pig

Same here man. Gotta love Fridays, that also means it's closer to football Sunday
    I'm more of a College Football fan myself, follow the SEC more than anything. Love NFL cause I play lots of fantasy football - draft kings is some fun shyt. If you love NFL you should check it out

Just love me some football

cotes17

Shit McCoy is hurt....

cotes17

I'm more of a College Football fan myself, follow the SEC more than anything. Love NFL cause I play lots of fantasy football - draft kings is some fun shyt. If you love NFL you should check it out

Just love me some football
    I will check it out for sure. What is it?

1234 ... Last