GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

My Colts bet to make the playoffs just got improved.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    Browns tanking the season for Manziel
    Manziel will be like David Carr in the NFL; he will just sit around waiting for someone to get open.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Trent was originally sad when he heard he got traded.

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

This trade is potentially good for both teams.

T Rich doesn't fit the Browns offense anymore and the Norv Turner Offense has always used a faster back. The timing of this is what I take issue with. Why not do this before the draft last year if you knew that and get a guy like Christine Michael, Gio Bernard, or Andre Ellington to bring up for a year? This is not the time to be tanking a season in the AFC North. I also don't get bailing on Weeden so soon as he's pretty comparable to Phillip Rivers. I think you at least had to give Weeden half the season and some time w/ Gordon to see how that plays out. Not many QB's can be successful throwing behind that interior line to Bess, Little, and Cameron. If somehow they now have enough ammo to trade with JAX (guaranteed #1 pick with that roster) and get Bridgewater, this is a total win.

For the Colts, this will look good at the end of the year when T Rich runs for 1k+, but I'm not sure the value is there. Sure, T-Rich was the #3 pick but it was maybe the worst relative value in draft history, especially the way the Browns went about it trading up w/ MIN and considering the other holes they had on their team. RB has become much more of a plug-and-play position, and T-Rich is not AP. I'm not sure the Colts defense is good enough to be burning 1st Rounders on RBs. The Colts are not a lock to be a playoff team, and I think it's about 50/50 that this is the #15 pick instead of the #25 pick.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by The Samurai View Post
    Fukkin A right GK!!! Dude moves the chains and doesn't litter the ball. They didn't draft Luck #1 because they want to run the thing. They just need a back that will keep them in 3rd and manageable. They don't need the home run threat. Luck is the home run threat!
    exactly, people assuming in this thread indy needs a back that's gonna rush for 2000 yards or something.

indy has offensive weapons, richardson doesn't have to carry the team like he did in cleveland.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by MobFade View Post
    This trade is potentially good for both teams.

T Rich doesn't fit the Browns offense anymore and the Norv Turner Offense has always used a faster back. The timing of this is what I take issue with. Why not do this before the draft last year if you knew that and get a guy like Christine Michael, Gio Bernard, or Andre Ellington to bring up for a year? This is not the time to be tanking a season in the AFC North. I also don't get bailing on Weeden so soon as he's pretty comparable to Phillip Rivers. I think you at least had to give Weeden half the season and some time w/ Gordon to see how that plays out. Not many QB's can be successful throwing behind that interior line to Bess, Little, and Cameron. If somehow they now have enough ammo to trade with JAX (guaranteed #1 pick with that roster) and get Bridgewater, this is a total win.

For the Colts, this will look good at the end of the year when T Rich runs for 1k+, but I'm not sure the value is there. Sure, T-Rich was the #3 pick but it was maybe the worst relative value in draft history, especially the way the Browns went about it trading up w/ MIN and considering the other holes they had on their team. RB has become much more of a plug-and-play position, and T-Rich is not AP. I'm not sure the Colts defense is good enough to be burning 1st Rounders on RBs. The Colts are not a lock to be a playoff team, and I think it's about 50/50 that this is the #15 pick instead of the #25 pick.
    Richardson could outrun Emmitt Smith all day but unfortunately you might be right on the 15th pick as Indy keeps losing key guys like Dwayne Allen.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Should be interesting to see how much Trent can help Indy in the near term learning a new team & play book.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by MobFade View Post
    I also don't get bailing on Weeden so soon as he's pretty comparable to Phillip Rivers. I think you at least had to give Weeden half the season and some time w/ Gordon to see how that plays out.
    Who said anything about bailing on Weeden? I haven't heard anything about this unless I missed something.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Shooting for number 1 though. And with the first pick of the 2014 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select.................................. ...?
    AARON MURRAY QB Georgia.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I initially thought yisman was on the pipe (or at the very least exaggerating) when I saw this thread title.
    yeah, well, seaborn didn't believe me either

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

cleveland organization is garbage. richardson found out about the trade on the radio. didn't even get a phone call.

how fukking low is that?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Who said anything about bailing on Weeden? I haven't heard anything about this unless I missed something.
    Reports are Weeden could be back as early as next week.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

This guy is Leroy Hoard. Browns got a steal

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

The Browns made a bad decision picking Richardson #3. That is a sunk cost.

RB's are a dime a dozen and everybody knows that. You still see RB's getting drafted in around 1 and they aren't worth it. You can get very good RB's in rounds 3-7.

So is Richardson worth a 15-25 pick? I still don't think so. Initially everybody thinks the Colts win this trade but I think Cleveland won the trade. If Richardson was AD then he could be worth the #3 pick but he's not AD. RB's only have a useful life of about 7 years and he would be wasted in Cleveland for probably 2 more years.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    This guy is Leroy Hoard. Browns got a steal
    LOL

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

He's awful. Easy to see why Browns traded him.

Can find the same garbage on the street.

First 1234