tacostand
    tacostand's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Please correct me (Packers/Bengals)

5 Dimes currently has Packers at -1 this week at Cincy. I'm just not seeing this. Packers the best passing offense in the league VS a sub-par defense. Sure Eddie Lacy is out but I don't see that being a huge threat to this pass happy offense. I'm about to book heavy on this one so please correct me if I'm missing something.

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

Bengals D is easy Top 10 in the league if not Top 5 and includes arguably the best D-line in the football. Packers O-line is going to get eaten alive and Rodgers is their only chance in this game. Literally everything depends on how insane of a game he has, and I think he takes 5 sacks here. CIN Offense is limited by Dalton, but a lot of that is mitigated by AJ Green (who's going to cover him) and I think CIN finally starts bringing Gio Bernard into the fold a lot more after his game against PIT. The Packers choose not to play defense and they might not rush for 50 yards this week.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by MobFade View Post
    Bengals D is easy Top 10 in the league if not Top 5 and includes arguably the best D-line in the football. Packers O-line is going to get eaten alive and Rodgers is their only chance in this game. Literally everything depends on how insane of a game he has, and I think he takes 5 sacks here. CIN Offense is limited by Dalton, but a lot of that is mitigated by AJ Green (who's going to cover him) and I think CIN finally starts bringing Gio Bernard into the fold a lot more after his game against PIT. The Packers choose not to play defense and they might not rush for 50 yards this week.
    It didn't get eaten alive in Frisco with a rookie LT, you think Cincy's D-line is better then San Fran's? Washington got him 4 times..big deal, a sack or punt is better then a pick 6; it's what Rodgers does best, take care of the ball.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    It didn't get eaten alive in Frisco with a rookie LT, you think Cincy's D-line is better then San Fran's? Washington got him 4 times..big deal, a sack or punt is better then a pick 6; it's what Rodgers does best, take care of the ball.
    Geno Atkins is easily the best DT in the NFL. Peko & Johnson are among the best. SF has had questions about NT.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

I'd roll with Packers, no dis to Bengals but Packers are about to take a week off and less distractions on the Road vs Home in small spread games. Slight lean to Over.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Bengals D is no joke but Rodgers tears up everyone and with Lacey out they'll be throwing more than ever. I like Cincy to move the ball really well too. GB couldn't keep track of Anquan Bolden who runs about like I do so how is AJ Green, Gresham, Eifert, and Bernard going to look in that secondary?

I think this goes Over (like most GB games) even though I can't see totals on SBR anymore?

hitman09
    hitman09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

to see the total, you gotta change the option from spread to spread and total

biggerleaffan
    biggerleaffan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2618

Lacy listed as questionable he still has a slight chance to play

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I'm on the Packers - 2 1/2. Contemplating adding. Watched both Bengals games and was on the Bengals on MNF. I just can't see the Bengals beating the Packers or Rodgers.

Bengals coming off short week and big game, finally beating Steelers. Pack focused with early bye next week. Stat wise, on defense, Bengals might score better. I believe the Packers have the better defense and offense. Bengals are used to seeing 3-4 Defense since that's what's almost solely used in their division. Slight advantage for prep and blocking schemes on short week.

One big negative for the Packers is that they really only have Starks @ RB. He showed up well last week with 130+ yds , but if he gets nicked in the game, that could be a problem. Kuhn didn't practice wed or thur so that leaves Johnathan Franklin. No Nfl carries that i'm aware of. Lacy will be back after the bye and is out.

Bengals at home. Some analyst believe Bengals could benefit from Dalton being a pocket passer. More vulnerable to a strong up the middle rush (not a packer strength). Don't agree and believe Packer blitzes and speed from the outside will get at Dalton. Bengals also also seem to commit stupid penalties @ the wrong time. Bengal coach Marvin Lewis is a buffon. McCarthy could outcoach him with his eyes closed.

AJ Green is a weapon, but Packers will double team or give help. If Dalton forces throws to Green, Pack will pick at least one. Heard Gio has gimpy hamstring , but should be good to go.

You have to be brave going against Rodgers laying less than a field goal. Packers by 7-10 over Bengals.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Quote Originally Posted by biggerleaffan View Post
    Lacy listed as questionable he still has a slight chance to play

Eddie Lacy (questionable, concussion) didn't practice for the third consecutive day Friday.

He's not going to play this week against the Bengals. Coach Mike McCarthy said Lacy would have to practice Friday to play Sunday. James Starks will get the start and the bulk of the work. Expect Lacy to be back after the Week 4 bye.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

The Packers weakness is in the secondary, specifically the safety position with Burnett out one more week. Sure the Packers will pay extra attention to Green, but the middle of the field is where the Bengals can make some hay. Double tight end sets with Eifert and Gresham is where the Bengals can exploit the Packer defense.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

You lost all credibility when you said the Bengals D was sub-par.

tacostand
    tacostand's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    You lost all credibility when you said the Bengals D was sub-par.

Fair enough, note the thread title "please correct me".

However, I'm not wrong is saying Cincy's secondary is banged up. Packers will not be running the ball much.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    The Packers weakness is in the secondary, specifically the safety position with Burnett out one more week. Sure the Packers will pay extra attention to Green, but the middle of the field is where the Bengals can make some hay. Double tight end sets with Eifert and Gresham is where the Bengals can exploit the Packer defense.
    Burnett, Bush, Hayward are all out which will give GB depth headaches if CIN wants to spread it out.