jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lets not forget Rivers is a big time QB for the most part his whole career with great targets
    Easy could be 2-0
    He always moves the chains

Phila facing Alex Smith Thurs and he is no Rivers

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

It's hard to play that college coaching style in the NFL. Love how the media pumps this dude up... and inflates the line. Easy win.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

HE TRIED TO MILK THE CLOCK

HE DIDN'T TRY TO MILK THE CLOCK

lol

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    It's hard to play that college coaching style in the NFL. Love how the media pumps this dude up... and inflates the line. Easy win.
    To expand up upon your post, Kelly is what he is, a pretty successful college head coach that will tank in the NFL.
    Almost all good college head coaches that go to the pros as a head coach tank.
    Several reasons for that, the pro game is a totally different animal than the college game, also you are dealing with adults that get paid for play, as opposed to kids. You can't approach a grown adult with a mega dollar contract the same way you would approach a kid with a scholarship, not to mention if a good head college coach has great recruiting skills, he can get much better talent for his program, as opposed to the pros where you have a controlled drafting system.

Chip Kelly is going to wind up on the lost list of good college head coaches that were awful pro head coaches.
    Like Bobby Petrino, Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, Dennis Erickson, Butch Davis, Mike Riley, June Jones, Chad Gainey, Bud Wilkenson, Tommy Protho, John McKay, Lane Kiffin, Barry Switzer, yeah, yeah, Barry had a winning record at Dallas, but he was handed a stacked to the bejesus Cowboy team and underachieved with that team.

I can't think of one successful college head coach that was a big time head pro coach.
    Harbaugh went 13-3 last year, but one season does not make a career, but looks like he can be the exception to the rule.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Funny how last week Chip Kelly was good.

Now SteveNash says he will tank in the NFL.

jjgold

Switzer won a superbowl I believe

Kelly has done great job with offense though better than any college coach did in the pros

lol guy on nba football tonight said SD did a good job on defense..huh??? Vick had a career day

Dumb ghetto boy analyst

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Funny how last week Chip Kelly was good.

Now SteveNash says he will tank in the NFL.
    a) I never said Chip Kelly was good, find me a post where I said he was good, or even insinuated that he was good. Win valuable prizes.
    b) I knew Chip Kelly wasn't going to be good, because for the aforementioned reasons I posted before, they all tank.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

The offense is solid, there is no doubting his style works with the personnel. The pass/fail for him comes if or when he is able to do a better job in-game of matching up with the situation. So far, he has failed both weeks in that respect. Always the issue with the up-tempo is how it will do when you need to run clock or what havoc it causes on your own defense if they don't get adequate rest.

I will have to say I think the fan base as a whole would rather lose this sort of game vs. watching Andy Reid mismanage all the weapons on offense and not be able to score 30. If they score 30 every week, even with the shite defense - they should manage to be around .500 because there will be teams who can't match the point production.

From the look of the division, get ready to see a lot of the PAC-12 Chip Kelly type scores in the 30s. Redskins, Giants and Eagles have shown no defense. Cowboys held the Chiefs down, but I think that is more KC than Dallas - Cowboys were fortunate to get all the Giants' donations in Week 1, otherwise their D pretty much is clumped in with the used and abused amongst the rest of the division.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Switzer won a superbowl I believe

Kelly has done great job with offense though better than any college coach did in the pros

lol guy on nba football tonight said SD did a good job on defense..huh??? Vick had a career day

Dumb ghetto boy analyst
    Why do they keep Tony Dungy on that program? He talks so slow and only says the most obvious things. Peyton ...Manning... is... a .... great.... QB.

Tony Dungy looks like a cancer patient on their death bed. Get somebody on there that wants to be there not somebody that just wants to collect a pay check.

C-Gold

The NFL is moving the way of the fast paced offense.

It is so hard on pass rushers and the NFL is a pass and stop the pass kind of league.

jjgold

Dungy worst of all times

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    BTW who the fukk makes this schedule? Start on a Monday Nighter, then Sunday and then Thursday? Pretty shitty turnarounds. Chip will experience his first booing off the field if they lose to Big Red on Thursday.
    Think whoever came up with them was trying to mess w/the coaches.

Here's the giants october:

Sunday afternoon - Eagles
    Thursday Night- Bears
    Monday Night- Vikings
    Sunday Afternoon- Eagles

Sure Coughlin loves that.

C-Gold

I'd rather see a cocained up Michael Irvin making some point about something that probably isn't even true than watch that cancer patient Tony Dung heap struggle over his words.

Adrian... Peter... son... is... a ... top... notch... running... back. He... is... fun... to ... watch...

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Pete carrol is dping great and built that team from the ground up man.

Chip is ok, its his 2nd pro game , he's learning as he goes. I'll tell yall this, the team has bought into him. Theres obviously gonba be some bumps along the way, and in game shit he's gotta get a better handle on, but he's doing alright. It's not like the players hate him and there's all kinda shit going on behind the scenes. Gotta remember, this roster isnt 100% his, theres holes on the team, the pieces on D aren't all there, its new schemes on both sides of the ball...its gonna take a few drafts and free agencies before we can fully see if this will pan out or not. Same shit with pete carrol, remember how bad the seahawks were when he forst arrived? Roster wasnt his, he had to re assemble, draft, pick up his own free agents, its been i believe 3 years now? And now he's competing for the nfc. Shit takes time guys, the eagles aren't/weren't supposed to compete this year anyhow. If chip can somehow even get 8 NFL wins his first season, and even that's pushing it of me, that's a complete success in my opinion. Honestly anything more than last years 4 and ill be happy

Have to step back and look at the bigger picture, can't just say "omg chip blew 1 game, off with his head! He'll never make it!" YeYeah theres a lot of unknowns but hell be given time (3 seasons) to see if this works.

C-Gold

The Jets schedule is very hard for about 10 weeks and then it gets very easy.

I was looking over the schedule and the Jets could be like 1-9 or 2-8 and then they could be winning those last 6 easier games. With a new coach.

C-Gold

Chip Kelly is an innovator that is using his talent.

He has Vick, Mccoy and Jackson, all blazing fast players. He uses them, and he runs a scheme that helps them.

Look at what Ron Rivera runs for Cam Newton? They don't use his talents at all. He is being wasted in a boring conservative scheme.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Yea Ron sucks, but could use a better #2 wr

Regardless they should be seeing a lot more endzone than they have been.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Yea Ron sucks, but could use a better #2 wr

Regardless they should be seeing a lot more endzone than they have been.
    Greg Olsen is good and is used the the #2 target.
    Tedd Gin is a speed threat, they use him on longer routes
    Lafell

They also have Armati Edwards on the roster.

Cam Newton played awful this week. Terrible. He looked like a rookie. This guy really looks like he regressed 2 years in a row.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Gotta remember, this roster isnt 100% his, theres holes on the team, the pieces on D aren't all there, its new schemes on both sides of the ball...its gonna take a few drafts and free agencies before we can fully see if this will pan out or not.
    I think we know he took the team because of what there was on offense. To me though, I never understood why coaches would come in and change a defense if they weren't going to have the personnel to run what they wanted to do. It was going to be hard enough with an entirely new secondary - and then to switch from a 43 to 34 just seemed like a brutal overload to put on these players. The big thing to me will be to see who he hitches his wagon to at QB when Vick is done. And it will be interesting to see what they do with him period after this year since they signed him just to the one year deal. They're not going to sign him to a long term deal, but maybe they could work out a big one year deal to keep it going until they find their QB of the future.

Andy got a lot of shit for taking McNabb, but that was a total winning pick. I don't think anyone on the current roster is the "future" QB for this team. If he can find a QB via the draft or free agency to mesh with these guys ... this is a juggernaut on offense with the skill position players in their prime. Tajh Boyd makes me salivate even though he'd never be where Philly picks next year.

jjgold

Chipper was on 94WIP this AM answering all the questions, he was honest and did say he learned from the game which is good. Guys don't forget Eagles just missed that fumble too on kickoff. All in all they scored a lot but ran into a hot QB, Chip even said Rivers is a big time QB and played perfect. I like Phila Thurs night.

BroncosBettor
    BroncosBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Chip Kelly did a horrible job in regards to game management. I understand the up tempo offense but the situation dictated running the football and burning clock. It was unbelievable that they were still trying to go fast when they were up and their defense couldn't stop Phillip Rivers worth a lick. I think he's a good coach but managing the clock and the game was poorly done yesterday.

EaglesPhan36

Still baffles me that a coach at whatever level doesn't know how to manage the clock in situations like this or at least have someone veteran enough on their staff to say - hey fukkstick, how about we slow it down because our defense is not going to stop them if they have time to work it down the field.

jjgold

Lets see Thursday Night what happens

I am real curious

Phila needs this game for a lot of reasons

First 12