SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Detroit @ Arizona on Sunday

After looking at the match-ups for Sunday, I have not come up with any strong leans (I am looking at Browns @ Baltimore though).

Detroit @ Arizona did catch my attention.

This is the Cardinals 1st home game of the season and they are a little banged up.

Larry Fitzgerald and Rashard Mendenhall both had limited practice on Wednesday.

TE Housler DNP.

I'm waiting for an injury report update, but it looks like they aren't in the best of shape and they are facing the very healthy Detroit Lions.

Also, this is Carson Palmers home debut with the Cards and we all remember his track record with the Raiders. Something tells me that all those AZ fans are gonna walk out of the stadium on Sunday disappointed.

For now..... Detroit -1.5

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

lions will pressure palmer into mistakes.

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    lions will pressure palmer into mistakes.
    Analysts are saying the same thing. Detroit will run the ball better and the defensive pressure will be too much for Palmer.

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

Agree fully, sprinkling a little on DET -3.5 @ +130.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Palmer is done, and AZ can't run the football. This game screamed out at me from the start, which kind of scares me. I was expecting Det to be -3.5 favourites at least.

SCS
    SCS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

Palmer is more than capable of putting up points, and Arizona has a couple of really good playmakers on defence. Add the home advantage, and this line is pretty much where it's supposed to be.

Arizona +1.5 for me.

SteveRyan

Okay, I spent much time last night going over this match and I've figured out exactly what will happen tomorrow.

1. Detroit started off with a 4-4 defensive formation last week against the Vikings and Peterson exploited it on the very first play for a 78 yd TD. Immediately, Detroit switched back and forth between a 4-3 and 5-3 formation and basically stuffed it up Petersons a$$ for the remainder of the game. Without a doubt, there defensive coordinator was thrilled about all of this and will definitely be running the same system against the Cards. Mendenhall is probable for the game, but the hamstring will be a little tender, so whatever run game the Cards can muster up they will face the same fate at the #1 RB in the league did last week.

2. So now what? Detroits got the run game all tied up. That leaves them with an average TE and a questionable Larry Fitzgerald (Hamstring) to get the job done. Between the Cards inability to run the ball and the pressure on Palmer to make some big passing plays, the pressure will be too much which all adds up to one thing-----3rd and long with turnovers.

3. It's Palmers home debut with the Cards which in and of itself brings a lot of pressure. Along with that, he carries with him a lot of negative expectations from all those failed days in Oakland. If he can't figure out a way to get something going before halftime it's all gonna come crashing down on him.

Detroit -1.5

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    Okay, I spent much time last night going over this match and I've figured out exactly what will happen tomorrow.

1. Detroit started off with a 4-4 defensive formation last week against the Vikings and Peterson exploited it on the very first play for a 78 yd TD. Immediately, Detroit switched back and forth between a 4-3 and 5-3 formation and basically stuffed it up Petersons a$$ for the remainder of the game. Without a doubt, there defensive coordinator was thrilled about all of this and will definitely be running the same system against the Cards. Mendenhall is probable for the game, but the hamstring will be a little tender, so whatever run game the Cards can muster up they will face the same fate at the #1 RB in the league did last week.

2. So now what? Detroits got the run game all tied up. That leaves them with an average TE and a questionable Larry Fitzgerald (Hamstring) to get the job done. Between the Cards inability to run the ball and the pressure on Palmer to make some big passing plays, the pressure will be too much which all adds up to one thing-----3rd and long with turnovers.

3. It's Palmers home debut with the Cards which in and of itself brings a lot of pressure. Along with that, he carries with him a lot of negative expectations from all those failed days in Oakland. If he can't figure out a way to get something going before halftime it's all gonna come crashing down on him.

Detroit -1.5
    I am with ya. I snatched this game when I first saw it. Palmer can put up points if he has weapons to work with, but if Fitz is out or less then 100% then it will be tough sledding. DET D is going to have a good day.

SteveRyan

Thanks arpegg. I wanted to come up with some more leans before tomorrow, but I just didn't have the time. Also, it's hard to cap these game early in the season. I rely mostly on current stats and scoring for my capping.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Lions go 2-0.

Palmer may get knocked out of the game.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

fitz can torch this shitbag secondary on crutches, not to mention they do have these other 2 wrs that are pretty good themselves (maybe you have heard of them, then again doesnt seem so), last i checked det doesnt have a corner that can check any one of them...sure det will get some hits on palmer but when that isnt happening he will be busy throwing to wide open targets..cards defense is far superior to the lions everywhere except front 4. peterson is a lock down ball hawking corner that capable of handling megatron. honey badger the kind of guy that could shadow bush and there ya have it stafford is forcing balls and making mistakes..if you seriously wanna lay any number on the dumbest, most undisciplined, poorly coached team in the league more power to ya...

OTL

I don't get all this love for AZ. They have a decent defence, I'll give them that, but they are mismatched at every position on offense. Add in a gimpy and questionable Fitz, and a QB that is done, and the only way Det can lose this game is if they beat themselves. AZ was a garbage team last season, and they downgraded at the most important position of all for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    fitz can torch this shitbag secondary on crutches, not to mention they do have these other 2 wrs that are pretty good themselves (maybe you have heard of them, then again doesnt seem so), last i checked det doesnt have a corner that can check any one of them...sure det will get some hits on palmer but when that isnt happening he will be busy throwing to wide open targets..cards defense is far superior to the lions everywhere except front 4. peterson is a lock down ball hawking corner that capable of handling megatron. honey badger the kind of guy that could shadow bush and there ya have it stafford is forcing balls and making mistakes..if you seriously wanna lay any number on the dumbest, most undisciplined, poorly coached team in the league more power to ya...

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    I don't get all this love for AZ. They have a decent defence, I'll give them that, but they are mismatched at every position on offense. Add in a gimpy and questionable Fitz, and a QB that is done, and the only way Det can lose this game is if they beat themselves. AZ was a garbage team last season, and they downgraded at the most important position of all for this year.
    What love for AZ? Vegas only gave them 2 points at home.

OTL

I just mean the supporters on the gambling sites. Everyone here was in love with them last year after that flukey 4-0 start.

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    What love for AZ? Vegas only gave them 2 points at home.