Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

For fantasy geeks...julian edelman...flash in the pan, or a sign of things to come?

7 catches for 79 yards and 2 td's......Can he produce consistently enough to bid him off of waivers or are the Patriots just biding their time with him until they get their regulars back from injury?
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 09-10-13 at 11:05 PM.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Uhh I thought he was a regular

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

the issue with him, with amendola hurt and no verreen, he will get double coverage and his numbers wont be so great, but when gronk and amendola return he will post some nice ###, in my opinion, i'm grabbing leblount on the wires

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Edelman is the real deal. He's got the most history with Brady, so he's sort of the go-to guy by default right now.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Uhh I thought he was a regular
    Yes but with the recent rash of injuries and the uncertainty with the younger guys, he's getting more targets than projected. He went undrafted in my league but with his performance and the Patriots situation I may have to pay a pretty penny to get him off of waivers. (We use a blind bidding system.)

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

I targeted him on the waiver wire.

Tom Brady doesn't need to have a prototype beast WR.

He likes match ups. Linebackers and Safeties can't cover Gronk or the killer.

If Edleman is in the slot it is tough for a CB3 or a LB to cover him running around.

Brady throws a lot of short stuff and stuff over the middle of the field. Great for Tight ends and slot wrs.

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

I picked him up. He may become a borderline WR3 or flex option down the road.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by iwantcougars View Post
    the issue with him, with amendola hurt and no verreen, he will get double coverage and his numbers wont be so great, but when gronk and amendola return he will post some nice ###, in my opinion, i'm grabbing leblount on the wires
    not exactly easy to double a slot guy that moves around a lot..he basically in same spot welker was in half the time last yr and he seemed to be fine..if it ppr league dude will score 15 points at least this week even w/o a td..

petey5
    petey5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16995

I think Edelman will have another nice game this week. I say 8 for 85 and a TD.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I picked him up. He may become a borderline WR3 or flex option down the road.
    Down the road? The time to play him is immediately. Right now, he's easily the most experienced healthy receiver and hence Brady's best option. You don't sit Brady's best option and wait for some time "down the road," because down the road he'll be demoted to a secondary role in the passing game.

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

Just missed out on grabbing him this season, fuark!!