BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

SBR Looking good during NFL week 1. How many ppl are stuck and pressing with Texans??

Lot of old guys coming back on here the last week or 2.

Other than PT being flooded by 50 worthless JJ threads and autofades from Deemer, the site looks a lot better with the return of the pigskin. Lot of sharp threads this weekend. Got the classic LAnders rubber band post, which if I had to estimate on SBR has won about 35% of the time.
    Made 2 bets this weekend- faded Brock's loser and pushed on my play, the Bears. Really thought the Bears were a solid play for a possible big win. But a push is winning in NFL.
    Gotta thank Konck for the text reminder Saturday morning of how much money we made in the past off this guy. He talked me into a small wager.

Stevenash posted a loser on here in MLB today and not one troll showed up which is not only super-rare but just an obvious example of how MLB is just a passing time until football starts for most ppl. Some guys just can't handle the everyday action in MLB and are get bored from not having football going on. Lot of them don't even bet and enjoy the actual game of baseball.
    See you next year Nasher, you were one of the guys who made SBR great during the first half of MLB while you posted, at least for me. Look forward to seeing you again next season buddy. BOL in Football if you bet it.

As for the NFL-

Reggie Bush was a monster. Perfect fit for him on Detroit in a pass-first offense. He has a track record of having games like these, but not being consistent. Is Detroit the perfect fit for him to have an MVP- type year? Or was it just a lucky week against a crappy defense?
    Anquan Boldin is finished? Better look again.
    Kappernicks went off, no way many ppl saw 400 yards coming from this guy today even vs. a dismal Packers defense.

Cowboys playoff talk yet AGAIN? Looked pretty good tonight, but the Giants may only be a 6 win team so it shouldn't be looked at too hard as a BIG WIN. Remember, it's the Cowboys. All hype every year and never do much.

Easyliving, 5-0 in BTP nice brah! Just glanced real quick.
    Lot of guys went 5-0 actually.

My biggest surprise that I noticed was the lack of 100 yard rushers week 1. WTF????
    ONLY 1 RB CRACKED 100 YARDS THIS SUNDAY- 101 YARDS BY VEREEN.

Jets probably buried half the forum that was rough.
    Geno Smith got it done somehow- what a game for them. Bucs should have won, but a win is a win so props to Geno for stepping up in his first NFL start.
    Seems like there is always some kind of rookie magic in the NFL at the QB spot.
    I'd like to see my Jets win 7 or 8 games this year, this was a good start. When games look too easy to bet in the NFL, they usually are.
    Saw a lot of sharps posting the JETS today, congrats.

As for Monday night's games-

I'm gonna guess 80% of the forum has the Texans tomorrow, I saw the monster lopsided action on that game in BTP. When I put my plays in Friday night it was 111 on the Texans and 9 on the Chargers. Don't know what the count is currently, but the biggest picked game on BTP is usually solid to lose more than win I'd say about 43-57 if I had to guess.
    Should be some pretty big bets riding on them for the ones who got stuck this weekend.
    Does Rivers make it happen against the most well-rounded team on both ends in the NFL?
    I gotta lean on the Chargers if I had to pick a side here, but the line seems to be right on point. I hate Rivers as many footballs fans do. Guy is the biggest crybaby/ excuse maker around.

Could be a lot of points in the game?? Wasn't there a big over trend on MNF games for a while last year??

Who was the hottest early poster this week in football on here??????
    Gotta be someone who posted 7 or 8 plays and swept the board on em.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

I cant sniff a winner...matty ice buried me on forth and goal at end of game. Clevo just proved they are who they thought we were, I fell for that bullshit. Eagles or bust for me tomorrow.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Didn't watch one down. Never made a bet all weekend.

Couple of rounds of golf and some time on boat.

Relaxing.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

^^^When my ole man was in the game he always told me never make a wager in nfl until week four or after......Wise man

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Benny good post
    Cowboys didnt look that great, that secondary gonna cost them.
    Ginger dalton to aj is a deadly combo
    Pats need some more practice

Steelers??? does haley last till bye weeks??
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave Vinnie Paz 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    ^^^When my ole man was in the game he always told me never make a wager in nfl until week four or after......Wise man
    Been sayin that for weeks here. Old street approach bookin. Always lay everything off first three or four and find out who the dummies are.

Then bury them.

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Rough start to the NFL season for me, Minnesota +4 lost,Tampa Bay-3 lost,Dallas +3.5 lost.The only bright spot was Arizona +3.5

could have been 0-4

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

6-0 yesterday, my only play Monday so far is on the Houston game 'over' 44.5.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

My pops said the same lol

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26823

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dogs View Post
    Rough start to the NFL season for me, Minnesota +4 lost,Tampa Bay-3 lost,Dallas +3.5 lost.The only bright spot was Arizona +3.5

could have been 0-4
    you mean giants

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Been sayin that for weeks here. Old street approach bookin. Always lay everything off first three or four and find out who the dummies are.

Then bury them.
    Agreed. People may ask you why don't you at least watch the games but unlike MLB it's totally different. I believe you can beat NFL and all these -110 laying sports but you need massive bankrolls and be happy with minimal wins for the season.
    I was thinking about doing an in game live betting experiment but I just wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I put a substantial amount of money on one or two of these Cracker Jack books online and ended up getting stiffed if it got shut down.
    The live betting in Vegas isn't the same, but hopefully it will be better in the future.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    6-0 yesterday, my only play Monday so far is on the Houston game 'over' 44.5.
    Sick weekend sir.
    I was going to ask you to check in with me In a thread inquiring about a "survivor" contest.
    Havent seen anyone post about one and it could be fun but my question was going to be if we can set it up for real money somehow through a book.

One pick per week WITH a spread (so it ends faster and we could possibly do another) maybe for 1 or $200 a piece with about 10-15 of us. I think it would be doable. What do you think?

BennyBigNuts

I cant sniff a winner...matty ice buried me on forth and goal at end of game. Clevo just proved they are who they thought we were, I fell for that bullshit. Eagles or bust for me tomorrow.

Redskins are a HUGE public play.
    I like the idea RgIII will be rusty but is Philly good enough to capitalize?? They look pretty bad on paper.
    If I had to choose I'd take Philly just because of the public stance on this game.
    BOL sweeper.

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    you mean giants

Yeah,Giants +3.5 and 6 turnovers.....That kind of day.

Nice work LT....BOL tonight

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Didn't watch one down. Never made a bet all weekend.

Couple of rounds of golf and some time on boat.

Relaxing.
    sounds good man

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

thanks for the mention had a very solid weekend overall

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

great nfl weekend for me, went 2-2 and did not get killed
    i'm sure i will bet on something incorrectly tonight
    i would give anything to be good at nfl

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Agreed. People may ask you why don't you at least watch the games but unlike MLB it's totally different. I believe you can beat NFL and all these -110 laying sports but you need massive bankrolls and be happy with minimal wins for the season.
    I was thinking about doing an in game live betting experiment but I just wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I put a substantial amount of money on one or two of these Cracker Jack books online and ended up getting stiffed if it got shut down.
    The live betting in Vegas isn't the same, but hopefully it will be better in the future.
    You are right in saying I should prolly watch them, the more you see the better but I wanted to watch my drunk assed golf shots go in the fukkin river instead.

Will watch tongiht.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Benny... it's not about how dominant the Texans use to be... it's all about if the Chargers want to show up. That haven't shown me sh#$. Good Luck.

Texans -4 here

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Up a little only due to halftime bets, big on Detroit and a lil on Cowboys last night.

Have an open parlay on 5Dimes and going square and closing it out with Texans -3(-143). I see a Texans win here.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

cfb. has some total mismatches you can lay 35pts. and have a solid bet nfl. is very tough over the long haul n.e. is -14 over jets this wk. and will prob. cover

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

jets = winner

told you fukks

jets are going to bury you fukks

should have listened to YMB

amateur hour over here

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Vegas toss the squares a bread crumb tonight and the wanna-be sharps gets bury
    Books made a killing the NFL in the 1st week

Monday's six-pack
    Most popular, least popular picks in the LVH Super Contest, where 1,034 contestants pick five games each week of the NFL season........they paid $1,500 each to be in this contest, by the way.

Most popular (0-4-1 vs spread)

Texans- Mon.
    Buccaneers- L
    Bengals- T
    Browns- L
    Panthers- L
    Colts - L

Least popular (4-1-1)

Raiders-- W
    Steelers-- L
    Dolphins-- W
    Bears-- T
    Jets-- W
    Bills-- W

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post
    Vegas toss the squares a bread crumb tonight and the wanna-be sharps gets bury
    Books made a killing the NFL in the 1st week

Monday's six-pack
    Most popular, least popular picks in the LVH Super Contest, where 1,034 contestants pick five games each week of the NFL season........they paid $1,500 each to be in this contest, by the way.

Most popular (0-4-1 vs spread)

Texans- Mon.
    Buccaneers- L
    Bengals- T
    Browns- L
    Panthers- L
    Colts - L

Least popular (4-1-1)

Raiders-- W
    Steelers-- L
    Dolphins-- W
    Bears-- T
    Jets-- W
    Bills-- W

This has been the only way to bet nfl in my opinion.
    Where did you get that Hilton list from? I'd love to use something other than the prick contest for tally info.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

opposite for me, Saints scrounged me a small profit for the weekend but lost every other one of my bets...1-5, good thing I had Saints as my biggest play and got lucky that didn't lose or I would be reloading again already lol..wanna press it up tonight but I make that mistake every year....just remember its a marathon boys, not a sprint...looong season no reason to blow your wad week 1

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

Down a few units, not a great start, wating for 365 to put up live bet so I can get HOU at a decent number.