Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Jaguars

When do you think the Jaguars will realize that Chad Henne is better than Gabbert? Gabbert will be out of the league in the next 3 yrs.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

he should have never even been in the league. being a mizzou fan i didnt think dude should even get drafted and these morons took him with the 8th pick, fukker got paid for a college career where he never threw a pass further than 5 yards down the field.. it was like no one even watched him and just drafted him cause anyone with any eye for talent could have told them the kid has always been a bum, the freaking checkdown king, doesnt even have the ability to look down the field..i think they gonna stick with him just so they get their pick of the talented qbs coming out in this years draft..

Renegades

I totally agree. Mizzou offense was 5 wideouts with dink and dunk plays and bubble screens all the time

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29922

It's not like they're going to be a competitive football team with Henne at QB, so might as well hope your young guy (he's still only 23) realizes some of his potential to build toward the future. They tried to revamp their o-line to give Gabbert one final chance to show them if he had anything. Obviously it's not looking good, and he's probably done as a starter after this year.

Also maybe they really really want that #1 pick in 2014, in which case they're doing an outstanding job...

Crate Mayne
    Crate Mayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Been wondering same thing, Henne didn't amount to too much with the Phins, but he's levels better than Gabbert...And at least gives them better chance to win each time he's stepped in for Jags. Was Gabbert drafted pre or post draft contract changes? Without checking, feel it was after it, and that's what makes it so crazy to think he still starts and isn't cut by now.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    It's not like they're going to be a competitive football team with Henne at QB, so might as well hope your young guy (he's still only 23) realizes some of his potential to build toward the future. They tried to revamp their o-line to give Gabbert one final chance to show them if he had anything. Obviously it's not looking good, and he's probably done as a starter after this year.

Also maybe they really really want that #1 pick in 2014, in which case they're doing an outstanding job...
    they were incredibly competitive in most gms down the stretch with henne, more importantly the wrs hold way more fantasy value when he in there and id imagine would help mjd as well...

Renegades

Yep jags took the pats down to the wire last yr with henne starting. And beat houston I believe with henne

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29922

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    they were incredibly competitive in most gms down the stretch with henne, more importantly the wrs hold way more fantasy value when he in there and id imagine would help mjd as well...
    I think they went like 1-5 with Henne. I'll admit they had one very good game vs the Texans (that they still lost) largely thanks to Henne and Blackmon. But Blackmon is still suspended, so it's hard to recreate that

Anyway, I agree Henne is better right now. But it's not hard to see why they want to be sure if Gabbert has legit potential. Some QBs who ended up being very good were awful their first 2 years. If Gabbert gets you a worse record, worst case scenario is a better draft pick, it's not the worst thing in the world. Gotta give your young guy a legitimate shot though. He's played his whole NFL career with one of the worst WR and o-line corps in the league. Plenty of QBs we think are good now would look terrible in that offense

That being said I still think Gabbert is bad...

2daBank

he sucked in college man, you dont suck in college then come to the nfl and succeed, the only reason they playing him is to lose imo cause the morons that drafted him have long since been fired....didnt say they were good and won a bunch of games with henne i said they were much more competitive.

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    he sucked in college man, you dont suck in college then come to the nfl and succeed, the only reason they playing him is to lose imo cause the morons that drafted him have long since been fired....didnt say they were good and won a bunch of games with henne i said they were much more competitive.
    He's Trent Edwards 2.0