I've never posted my picks in a continuous thread prior to this season, but I want to have it documented for posterity. Without further ado, here are my picks for Week 1:

NE/BUF o50.5 (2 units): The only concern I have is that New England has a lot of new faces on offense, but those fears are offset by two key facts: New England still has Tom Brady and Buffalo is without their top CB and S. I'm looking for both teams to score early and often.

ATL/NO o54.5 (2 units): Sean Payton back on the sidelines is going to be a boon for both Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham/Marques Colston. Atlanta is starting two rookie CBs and is without Will Smith/Jonathan Vilma. Graham will have a lot of room to move in the middle of the field, and Colston/Lance Moore will have some great looks, as well.

GB/SF o48 (2 units): I look for a virtual repeat of last year, scoring-wise. Both offenses are going to be running smoothly, with Rodgers doing his thing and Kaepernick spreading the field and keeping the Packer D honest with his legs. Each of the last 5 games between these two teams have seen 49+ scored, and I don't see this one being any different.

SEA/CAR u44.5 (1.5 units): Not having Jonathan Stewart is really going to hurt the Panthers. Cam will be facing off against one of the best defensive secondaries in the league and will be frustrated. Russell Wilson was thoroughly impressive in his rookie season, but asking Seattle to travel to the East Coast Week 1 is a pretty tough task. Seattle may win this one, but it's not going to be a high scoring affair.

Drew Brees Passing Yards o297.5 (1.5 units): A gift of a prop. First game back with Sean, at home, playing against a weak Falcon secondary and the line is under 300 yards? Yes, please!

MIA/CLE u40.5 (1 unit): One of these teams will be lucky to put 10 on the board. I don't know which one, but it doesn't matter. This game is going to be a snoozefest.

OAK/IND-11.5 (1 unit): Oakland is atrocious on both sides of the ball. Luck is going to have field day at home, as is Ahmad Bradshaw/Vick Ballard. Indy could win by 3+ TDs, and I think 2 is almost assured.