best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

NEW system: bet against GAY qb/coach affair

I WILL FOCUS ON A NEW SYSTEM CALLED :
    bet against :

John fox - jake delhomme

Jeff fisher - kerry collins

lets face it. gay people just arent that good in the sports industry, particularly when on the field.

system plays posted at the bottom of thread, ftw.

KERRY COLLINS- QB RATING 62

NFL RANK: 30TH
    5 TD 8 INT 0 WINS 6 LOSSES.

COMMENTS: LOWEST PASS YDS/PLAY AVG
    108 completions-197 attempts 54.8 completion %
    throws interceptions and fumbles the ball away on any meaningful play
    0 completions of a deep pass [40+] to a wide reciever in 6 games
    rumors of giving head to jeff fisher at halftime of new england game [ unconfirmed]

recent accomplishments : 31-9 loss to indy, 56-0 loss to new england

one of only qb ever to pass for -7 yards YES NEGATIVE SEVEN total while playing into the 4th quarter

JAKE - QB RATING 55.5
    NFL RANK : 33

4 TD 13 INT

COMMENTS : 26TH IN TOUCHDOWNS
    1ST IN INTERCEPTIONS .
    rumors of being a giver as opposed to taker [as can be seen from td/int ratio] which has lead to speculation of john fox being the taker/ receiver.

recent accomplishments :loss to buffalo thanks to 3 interceptions, almost gave game to tampa bay thanks to interceptions despite 200 yards + rushing by team

COMBINED JAKE AND KERRY ARE 2-10 with the lone wins being jakes nailbiters over tampa bay and washington.

we will now take the money line and pointspread for the opposition of both carolina and tennessee and hit it hard until these coaches choose their team over their sex life with their qb.

so heres to jake and kerry making us money.

FIRST TWO SYSTEM PLAYS:

JACKSONVILLE ML +140 5 UNITS
    ARIZONA -9 3 UNITS

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

discretion: plays only valid until either john fox or jeff fisher is fired, or kerry or jake is benched.

doesnt appear to be the case this week.

Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

The alternative QB choice for Jeff Fisher is hardly inspiring, is it? Vince Young, with a career passer rating of 67.8 - that's a whole 1 point higher career rating than JaMarcus Russell, by the way. It's not a change I would be making.

Del'Homme on the other hand, hard though it may be to bench a former SuperBowl QB, with promising Matt Moore and a reasonable veteran in Feeley as backup, I imagine Jake will get benched very soon.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    The alternative QB choice for Jeff Fisher is hardly inspiring, is it? Vince Young, with a career passer rating of 67.8 - that's a whole 1 point higher career rating than JaMarcus Russell, by the way. It's not a change I would be making.

Del'Homme on the other hand, hard though it may be to bench a former SuperBowl QB, with promising Matt Moore and a reasonable veteran in Feeley as backup, I imagine Jake will get benched very soon.

go check vince youngs record as a starting qb and then get back at me.

i dont know why you decided to compare him to jamarcus russell, is it because theyre both black and thats the only association you know how to make - color on ur tv?

young led the titans to the playoffs and has only started for 1 year in the nfl and has LOADS of potential.

unforunately the majority of the nfl outsiders like you only know how to associate by type as opposed to skill.

Limey
    3-3 so far this season

Fourth and Stupid, you have really just lived up to your name. I am absolutely incensed by your comment and demand you take it back immediately.

JaMarcus Russell was the comparison I made because he is currently the highest-profile example of a terrible passer in the NFL. His or Young's skin colour never entered my mind, until you popped up with your unbelievably dumb reply.

Besides your pathetic insinuation of racism, the rest of your post is trivial, but I'll reply anyway:

1. Go check Kerry Collins' record as a starting QB last season.
    2. Young may have loads of potential, that's a matter of opinion. I'm not going to pretend that I think I know Vince Young's potential better than experienced professional football coaches who see him practice every day.
    3. Collins also led the Titans to the playoffs. Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have Superbowl rings. Maybe football isn't a one-man game?
    4. Calling me "a NFL outsider" is so laughable it's beyond belief. What, you were the quarterbacks coach for the 1980's San Francisco 49ers, or something?

And finally, it is extremely hypocritical of you to suggest my post had ANYTHING to do with skin colour when the entire point of your thread was to make pathetic, discriminatory comments about homosexuals.

Get back under your rock, you are utterly beneath me.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    Fourth and Stupid, you have really just lived up to your name. I am absolutely incensed by your comment and demand you take it back immediately.

JaMarcus Russell was the comparison I made because he is currently the highest-profile example of a terrible passer in the NFL. His or Young's skin colour never entered my mind, until you popped up with your unbelievably dumb reply.

Besides your pathetic insinuation of racism, the rest of your post is trivial, but I'll reply anyway:

1. Go check Kerry Collins' record as a starting QB last season.
    2. Young may have loads of potential, that's a matter of opinion. I'm not going to pretend that I think I know Vince Young's potential better than experienced professional football coaches who see him practice every day.
    3. Collins also led the Titans to the playoffs. Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have Superbowl rings. Maybe football isn't a one-man game?
    4. Calling me "a NFL outsider" is so laughable it's beyond belief. What, you were the quarterbacks coach for the 1980's San Francisco 49ers, or something?

And finally, it is extremely hypocritical of you to suggest my post had ANYTHING to do with skin colour when the entire point of your thread was to make pathetic, discriminatory comments about homosexuals.

Get back under your rock, you are utterly beneath me.
    1. so you go on to say that football isnt a one man game, after you credit kerry collins with 13 wins disregarding the fact that the titans won those games because of every reason other than collins. who is hypocritical now?

2) so you think that a) you can judge a qb based on what he does on a practice field / b) collins and delhomme should keep starting because they are practice field hall of famers ? furthermore, if you followed all 32 teams, which i know you dont, you would know that v. young was stellar in all of the preseason and that despite playing with teh #2 offense against #1 defenses. surely that is a better indication than the 'practice field'? what a joke.

4) your mentality is play kerry and jake because they are veterans , despite having the #31 and #33 qb rating in the NFL and being on the two most terribly underacheiving teams.

5) you said that you would not be making a change from kerry collins despite being 0-6 and kerry having no future, meanwhile with a young unproven qb that has a big salary coming up for next year on the bench and the season down the drain and a need to address the qb situation in the offseason...

good call jeff fisher. that dumbfounded mentality is how people get fired..

as for even thinking twice about benching delhomme, you multiply your discredibility by 2, making you quite that much more discredible.

Limey
    3-3 so far this season

Sigh, 4th you really are incredibly stupid.

(a) There is no hypocrisy in my raising Collins' record last season. I don't think football is a one-man game. I don't think Collins single-handedly won those 13 games for the Titans last year, and I don't think he has single-handedly lost the games this year. The Titans may or may not have done much better or worse with Young, I suspect slightly worse but who knows. I was simply responding in kind, to your 'check out Young's record as a starter' comment. Apparently you think that when the Titans win under Collins it is due to every other facet of the team apart from him, but if they win under Young it is down to Vince himself.

(b) I stated only a mild opinion as to whether I would bench Collins or Del'Homme, I was replying to your post by pointing out what the alternatives are for Fisher and for Fox - and I hinted pretty strongly that Fox should probably give Del'Homme a rest. I do think that like most coaches, Fisher probably makes at least part of his decision based on practice - he has commented this week on how Young and Collins performed in practice. Honestly, I have zero emotional investment in whatever the Titans choose to do - I was simply putting forth a different point of view to yours, which is at least half the point of a discussion board.

(c) I think stats suggest that the Panthers struggles are in large part down to Del'Homme's errors. I think the Titans - with muffed kicks costing them the game at the Jets, an unbelievably bad pass defense this season, a strong schedule - have other things to look at.

In short, despite the pitiful, childish and homophobic nature of your original post, I was just trying to engage in a little mild debate. In return, I get an unfounded accusation of racism which - surprise, surprise - you don't even acknowledge in your response.
    Last edited by Limey; 10-28-09 at 11:14 AM. Reason: typo

feltball
    feltball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

After reading that exchange I will now fade any picks either of you ever make on the forum. lox imo.

Limey
    3-3 so far this season

Quote Originally Posted by feltball View Post
    After reading that exchange I will now fade any picks either of you ever make on the forum. lox imo.
    Care to explain? A quick glance at three or four of your posts suggests that you don't have much luck choosing which bets to follow or fade.
    Last edited by Limey; 10-28-09 at 01:03 PM. Reason: typo

Limey
    3-3 so far this season

Quote Originally Posted by feltball View Post
    I do hope you played against all five of my picks this weekend, felt.....