FearTheBeard
    FearTheBeard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 718

Any reason not to take this future?

Saints +170 and Atlanta +140 to win the NFC South. Take both for an even number of units each or hedge it however you want, but having both at +money means you should figure to make some money. I know some people here don't like futures since it's like putting your money on layaway for 4 months but I figure this is as much of a "LOCK" as you can get in sports.

I really don't see TB breaking through this year and Carolina has talent but I don't think they're better than the saints or falcons... someone talk me out of this.

Fancy Football
    Fancy Football's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

yeah, sure, bet equal amounts at +170 and +140 and "make money"

I think you need to think about this...................

FearTheBeard
    FearTheBeard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 718

the math is not hard to understand here

Example: bet 1u to win 1.4u on falcons and bet 1u to win 1.7u on saints

if saints cash, you lose the 1u on falcons and gain 1.7u profit on saints, for a net profit of .7 units
    if falcons cash, you lose 1u on the saints and gain 1.4u profit on falcons, for a net profit of .4 units

essentially you are making a bet for 2 units that saints OR falcons win for a little juice. 2u to win 1.7u means the juice is -115 or so and 2u to win 1.4u means the line is about -140 or so, which i think are excellent odds for this prop. obviously the bet loses 2u if TB or Carolina wins the division.

if anyone would't pay UP to -140 for saints OR falcons to win division, let me know why. especially since i consider the odds for that should be equal to denver winning the AFC west, which is -300 right now.