NY Sports Nut
    NY Sports Nut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

Take Your Pick......Nfl Off Rookie of the year award

1. Monte Ball +359 in a RB by committee
    2.DeAndre Hopkins +550 good choice
    3.Leveon Bell +700
    4.Eddie Lacey +800 my fav choice in an explosive offense that will run and put up its tds only worry is a man named Kuhn who could take away from his td total

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

ej manuel

Huego
    Huego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4877

ej manuel +700 5dimes

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eddie Lacey at 8/1. Excited to see him in a Packers uniform.

Good luck whichever you go with.

DjT2oo1
    DjT2oo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2466

Tavon Austin +500

marley33
    marley33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Montee BALL RUNS AWAY AND HIDES. He will be feature back by week 3.

las8
    BigdaddyQH is a pedophile
    las8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16799

Gio Bernard +1250

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24749

Deandre Hopkins....This guy is a stud and doesn't shy away from the big moments. Just look at last year's Chick-Fil-A Bowl against LSU. He practically won that game single handedly after Sammy Watkins went out on the first series. No way Eddie Lacy wins it. Yes, he plays on an explosive offense and will get some TD's as a result, but this isn't fantasy football. Green Bay just doesn't have the run blocking or the commitment to the run for Lacy to consistently put up eye-popping rushing totals. Plus, Hopkins will be the beneficiary of Andre Johnson drawing the opposing team's top cover corner. I love Hopkins' chances and no, I'm not a Clemson fan. I'm from Nebraska.

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

Eddy Lacy +800, Gio Bernard +1250, and EJ Manuel +700 are the best value of the options presented here so far and I would take all 3. This award has gone QB 6 times in the last 10 years and EJ +700 is good value as he is the clear-cut starter in Buffalo and has some decent weapons, especially CJ out of the backfield to pad his stats. If we look at the last 20 years, it's gone RB 11 times and WR only 3. The learning curve for WR's is enormous, and they are also at the mercy of their QB's. Hopkins did look very polished coming out of Clemson, but with the Texans zone-run identity, limitations at QB, and Andre Johnson still there, I don't think Hopkins blows the stat line up enough to be in consideration. Tavon Austin has zero chance because he didn't run routes in college and will take a year or two to learn that. Seriously, he lined up at RB mostly and it's going to be tough to get by on athleticism alone in the NFL.

So then we look at who the starting rookie RBs are. Lacy, Bell, likely Bernard, maybe Ball. GB is going to throw a lot, but Lacy should be the goal-line back and get 15-20 a game. Bell is hurt right now and you gotta worried about how crowded that backfield is. Also, he's really not that good of a back and I can see them choosing to sit him out if he's borderline with his foot. Go watch some Bell tape at MSU and tell me that you're impressed ... terrible draft pick with Lacy and Michael still on board. Bernard will probably start but I think Law Firm takes goal-line touches for at least part of the season. Ball is in way-too-crowded a backfield and he might not be the starter there. +359 is awful
    value.
    Points Awarded:

Educ8d Degener8 gave MobFade 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Eddy Munny

I agree that Leveon Bell is a middling back at best. I still don't know what the Steeler front office or fantasy football gurus see in that kid. Slow, plodding back who relies on brute physicality to churn out yards. That style may work against the Indiana Hoosiers, but I just don't see him finding much daylight in the NFL. His cuts are slow and telegraphed. It's like watching a rhinoceros run through mud.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by marley33 View Post
    Montee BALL RUNS AWAY AND HIDES. He will be feature back by week 3.
    Montee Ball is the only way to go, Hillman is not a #1 RB and Elway/Fox/Peyton want to pound the rock and will do it a lot in the 2H nursing leads. I liked Leveon Bell earlier, but the foot sprain is enough to scare me off him for ROY. Same with EJ Manuel, he's already dinged up and missing starts. Stay away from Lacey because GB's o-line cannot run block to save their life. I don't see a WR winning ROY, it just doesn't happen enough to be profitable at the odds for Austin/Hopkins. Bernard is a potential alternate choice, if you don't like Montee Ball for whatever reason.

Eddy Munny

I can understand the hesitancy on Hopkins, due to perhaps, limited opportunities in a run-heavy scheme. I just think that in the past, the Texans haven't had that legitimate second wide receiver to really open things up downfield. They do now, and I think they'll take full advantage. It may start somewhat slowly, but once Schaub gets into a rhythm with his new toy, and Hopkins gets his routes down, you'll start to see more balance in the passing game and the coaches more willing to air it out. Hopkins is also a valuable red-zone target, despite not being the biggest guy, because of his tenacity in attacking the ball and his strong hands. Wr's don't win it often, but the situation sets up very nicely for this year to be the exception.

Wrecked
    Dreamin the live
    Wrecked's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Tavon Austin for sure!

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Tavon Austin for sure!
    Say No! to drugs.

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I can understand the hesitancy on Hopkins, due to perhaps, limited opportunities in a run-heavy scheme. I just think that in the past, the Texans haven't had that legitimate second wide receiver to really open things up downfield. They do now, and I think they'll take full advantage. It may start somewhat slowly, but once Schaub gets into a rhythm with his new toy, and Hopkins gets his routes down, you'll start to see more balance in the passing game and the coaches more willing to air it out. Hopkins is also a valuable red-zone target, despite not being the biggest guy, because of his tenacity in attacking the ball and his strong hands. Wr's don't win it often, but the situation sets up very nicely for this year to be the exception.
    DeAndre Hopkins was my favorite receiver in this years draft, and I think the kid is going to be Roddy White. He looked pretty much NFL-ready in his senior year at Clemson and I think he'll finish this year looking like a legit NFL receiver. BUT to win OROY, he's going to have to put up some big numbers, and I just don't think he's in the situation to do it. Percy was the last WR to do it, which he got mostly for kickoffs (over 2,000 all purpose) and because the next highest vote-getter was Michael Oher. Randy Moss (69 Rec, 1,313 Yards, 17 TD) and Anquan Boldin (101 Rec, 1,377 Yards, 8 TD) are the only other WR to do it in the last 20 years.

This year you have a couple RB's and a QB that I think could do it. I didn't realize that Harvin won it before with such a weak WR stat line (60 Rec, 790 Yards, 6 TD) but again, Michael Oher finished 2nd in the voting. Austin could be big in the return game this year, but one of the aforementioned RB/QB is going to make it extremely difficult if he's as little a part of the offense as I suspect he will be this season.