C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

SF 49ers or Sea Hawks?

Record:
    SF was 11-4-1
    Sea was 11-5 but they were really 10-6 minus that awful final call in the GB game.

Playoffs:
    SF lost the SB
    SEA lost to Atlanta, probably would have lost wild card to Washington if RG3 didn't blow his knee out.

Division:
    SF had a better divisional record but the Rams had the best division record of them all.

Home/away splits:
    Seattle is very good at home, had a losing record on the road last year.
    SF is very good at home, still a winning record on the road.

Offense/Defense splits:
    Seattle scored more points last year and gave up less.
    SF had more yards on offense
    Both defenses gave up almost the same amount of yards
    Seattle forced more turnovers on defense
    Seattle offense gave away more turnovers

O-Line
    SF has a better offensive line.

QB:
    Wilson was a starter for the entire year.
    Kaepernick has less starts but he is older. How will these 2 progress?

Kaep looks to have a higher ceiling, stronger arm, better size, better speed, better mid/deep accuracy.

RW knows his role as a game manager. He was efficient last year but averaged under 200 ypg passing.

RW more likely to keep his team in the game, and let you beat yourself. Kaep is more likely to beat you or beat himself.

49ers have a better overall coaching staff, Seattle lost the architect of their defense.

Here is how I see it right now.
    Both defenses are very good, 49ers clearly have a better coaching staff, and better O-line which are huge factors. I'd rather trust Russell Wilson at QB right now which is also a huge factor so it's hard to pick. Seattle could go 8-0 at home, but I don't like that they had a losing road record. Their defense probably is "deeper" than the 49ers but SF has more star power in my opinion. Chris Clemons and Cliff Avril are solid pass rushers but not on the same level as Aldon Smith. Justin Smith is better than any Seattle lineman. Bobby Wagner had a fantastic rookie year but he's not Patrick Willis. Sea secondary is better and overall they are both top notch defenses so you have to look at other factors.

QB
    Wilson > Kaep
    SF O-Line >
    SF Coaching >
    Defense =

Overall I am leaning more towards SF

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

Seattle is bomb at home but I'm not sold on them overall. A solid winning team's QB needs to do more than 200 pass yards per game and rely on defense. Not to say Seattle's offense isn't good but it doesn't hold a candle to SF. Still can't believe St. Louis tied and beat SF lololol.

SF will be a more rounded team overall though.

Kaepernick turn up

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Sea should have the stronger running game

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1144 View Post
    Seattle is bomb at home but I'm not sold on them overall. A solid winning team's QB needs to do more than 200 pass yards per game and rely on defense. Not to say Seattle's offense isn't good but it doesn't hold a candle to SF. Still can't believe St. Louis tied and beat SF lololol.

SF will be a more rounded team overall though.

Kaepernick turn up
    Russell Wilson was efficient last year but under 200 passing yards per game is pretty pathetic. ESPN hypes the little man up like he's Aaron Rodgers but his statistics just aren't there. He could improve next year or then again he could be a 1 hit wonder. The again maybe Pete Carrol is happy to have a solid game manager and try and win games with the rushing offense and defense?

Russell Wilson talks pretty mature and Kaepernick sounds like a dumbass in interviews. There are plenty of smart QB's who suck, and there are QB's who sound dumb and turn into decent quarterbacks.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    Sea should have the stronger running game
    How do you figure?

49ers offensive line is better.
    Kaepernick is more of a threat as a runner.
    Beast Mode is better than Gore at this point but by how much?

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

I won't doubt Wilson is a good game manager. I like that about him but I guess what I feel is that a winning team needs an explosive offense. He does enough to win games but they need more. They need him to go above and beyond. You don't have to be Brees or Rodgers throwing 4k+ yards (since they do but not always win) but you still need to be that mofo that is cold as ice and puts it away for that well rounded team. Weird and stupid explanation but it's just this gut feeling that Wilson does well but not better than Kap and SF well.

wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

if Percy Harvin can return from injury and make an impact it's really going to put the Hawks over the top. their defense is right up there with San Franciscos. if anything the Niners D took a step back while Seattles got better this off season.

and as much as i fukin hate the cheating scammer Pete Carrol, he'll always find a way to win.

wagerjunkie

even with Harvin gone until the end of the year, I really think Tate and especially Baldwin are going to have huge breakout years.

wagerjunkie

Wilson needs to improve on his short game passing. if he does that look out. we've seen him be extremely accurate on the deep ball, now if he can just work on 5-15 yard passes, it would really round out and polish his game.

Then again I really don't think its so much him not being able to make the passes as its more of the WRs werent able to get DBs off them in short coverage situations.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bump

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

49ers Colin is a gamer.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

SF O-line better and SF D-line better as long as J Smith around. He's great at getting away with holding so Aldon can get the sacks.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Seattle

Though teams pretty equal

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Both teams very good. I think it would come down to one bounce of the ball in a game between both of these teams. Have to go with SF though.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    How do you figure?

49ers offensive line is better.
    Kaepernick is more of a threat as a runner.
    Beast Mode is better than Gore at this point but by how much?
    Just my thoughts. I think Seattle will have more yards on the ground end of this season than the Niners will. I dont think Gore will be as effective, he has carried the Niners for too long. Body is old

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Pretty much a dead heat these teams are loaded on all fronts and built in very similar fashion. Tough physical teams who can run, throw, play great defense and young. SF has racked up some costly injuries and will Seattle win away from home. In my opinion this comes down to who stays healthiest, special teams, and will one of these 2nd year starters have any regression. Both should win 11+ games and be around again come Jan. Lean SF to win div though by a game or possible tie breaker.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Ok, don't read to far into my opinion, as I am a hardcore Seahawks homer. But didn't the Seahawks thrash the 49ers by like 40 points last year on Sunday Night Football? And lets just review the offseason.

Seahawks got better, 49ers basically got worst. Seahawks added two premier pass rushers in Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril. A premier WR in Harvin (Seahawks should have him for the 2nd half of the season), and a premier slot CB in Antione Winfield.

Maybe I haven't paid enough attention to the 49ers offseason, but I can't think of one major FA they brought in this offseason. And on top of that they lose Dashon Goldson and Randy Moss.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Ok, don't read to far into my opinion, as I am a hardcore Seahawks homer. But didn't the Seahawks thrash the 49ers by like 40 points last year on Sunday Night Football? And lets just review the offseason.

Seahawks got better, 49ers basically got worst. Seahawks added two premier pass rushers in Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril. A premier WR in Harvin (Seahawks should have him for the 2nd half of the season), and a premier slot CB in Antione Winfield.

Maybe I haven't paid enough attention to the 49ers offseason, but I can't think of one major FA they brought in this offseason. And on top of that they lose Dashon Goldson and Randy Moss.

Winning by 40 doesn't mean much when SF made the SB but overall I agree with you. SF also lost Michael Crabtree which is a huge loss for them that they haven't really tried to replace. I guess SFs biggest move is replacing Akers with a great kicker in Phil Dawson. If Seattle does get Harvin in the mix then that definitely puts them over SF but they have to learn how to win on the road which SF has been doing for quite a while.

wagerjunkie

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Winning by 40 doesn't mean much when SF made the SB but overall I agree with you. SF also lost Michael Crabtree which is a huge loss for them that they haven't really tried to replace. I guess SFs biggest move is replacing Akers with a great kicker in Phil Dawson. If Seattle does get Harvin in the mix then that definitely puts them over SF but they have to learn how to win on the road which SF has been doing for quite a while.
    ehh...Anquan Boldin?

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

From NFC - ATLANTA or SEATTLE - ALL THE WAY TO SB !!!! NO SF [ 49ers ] SAVE UR MONEY !!
    Last edited by Hot Jerry; 08-28-13 at 06:39 PM.

jaygalindo
    GO HAWKS!
    jaygalindo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Doesn't winning on a piece of crap known a FEDEX field in a playoff game kinda show that they can win on the road?

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jaygalindo View Post
    Doesn't winning on a piece of crap known a FEDEX field in a playoff game kinda show that they can win on the road?
    That river rat Bob Griffen was scraping his leg up off the turf.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Niners, Seattle way over hyped this year. They win 11 games and 2 playoff games and people are ready to crown them? Solid team no doubt, but respect comes when you can do it all over again; see what they do this year when they get everyone's best shot.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

SF easily.
    Best preseason bet to me on the board is SF to win their division -120.
    Seattle was the overrated, overachieving, luck-box team last year.
    Could have easily lost 9 games. Only lost 5.
    Wilson, not even close to being an elite QB.
    I'm on the fence with Kaepernick, but it doesn't matter because they won with Alex Smith, and don't rely on the Qb to get wins. Guy got them to the Superbowl after only starting what 4 games?
    Could be a beast this year.

Nice post. GL this year.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post

49ers got Anquan Boldin, Nnamdi Asomugha, Austin Collie, Glenn Dorsey, Adam Snyder as FAs. Not bad for a team with very few needs. They addressed Goldson's departure with their #1 pick Eric Reid. Randy Moss wanted to come back but the 49ers didn't want him back.

9ersPride
    9ersPride's Avatar Become A Pro!

The RED and GOLD is the better team..

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    49ers got Anquan Boldin, Nnamdi Asomugha, Austin Collie, Glenn Dorsey, Adam Snyder as FAs. Not bad for a team with very few needs. They addressed Goldson's departure with their #1 pick Eric Reid. Randy Moss wanted to come back but the 49ers didn't want him back.
    I totally forgot about Boldin, he was clearly their main acquisition this offseason. Austin Collie likely won't make the team. Namdi is on the bubble I heard too, but is trying to be the No. 3 CB on the Niners.

All I'm saying is that Percy Harvin, Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett and Antione Winfield is a bigger upgrade than Boldin, Namdi, and Glenn Dorsey.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

my two cents,

SeaChickens will make playoffs and have to play on the road. Threat over. Home team only.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by Pick'nParlays View Post
    my two cents,

SeaChickens will make playoffs and have to play on the road. Threat over. Home team only.

except they won their last 3 road games during the season and then won on the road in the wild card and had the lead with a minute left on the road in atlanta as well.

your two cents are worth just that.

theyre both solid teams. both have mobile qbs with strong arms and lots of potential. both have legit weapons on offense and both have a very very strong defense.

there isnt a whole lot in the debate. to blatantly put one of the two teams down is just dumb, especially when using the "cant win on the road" angle as both teams can win anywhere with those kind of defenses.

they both deserve to get to the nfc championship and they both probably will, barring a major injury or disaster, or if they have to face eachother before then.

we will find out what happens then.