C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Who is #2 in the AFC East?

Most people still think it's NE's division to lose.

So do you go with Miami and their free agents, Jets and their desperation, or the new look Bills? Most people have Miami but I am starting to like Buffalo to finish #2.

Miami's defense gave up the least points, the Jets gave up the least yards. Part of giving up less yardage had to do with the Jets inept offense. Rex is the best defensive coach and the Jets defense should still be good. Miami has the best defense on paper, but the Jets defense should still be good IMO. Buffalo's D should still be a step behind but I like guys in their front 7, Marcel Darious, Kyle Williams and Mario Williams.

Miami has a bunch of new guys on offense but will they mesh? Ryan Tannehill still hasn't proved he can run an NFL offense. I don't like their RB's. The offense should be lower end of the league.

In some ways I'd think Sanchez is still a better starting QB than Geno Smith, Tannehill or Bills QB. He has experience and has been a decent game manager in the past. With that said the Jets have the least talented skilled position players on offense of maybe any NFL team. The left side of their O-Line should be good but man, where's the talent? Sanchez is going to fail, pretty much any QB would fail behind this line. Their offense should suck suck suck and Rex could get fired mid year if that ship is sinking.

The Bills have a weaker D than their divisional foes but they should have a better offense. It should especially be better if Kolb starts over EJ Manuel. I didn't like Manuel at FSU and don't think he's ready to start in the NFL. At best he'd be a game manager that runs around. Kolb can be a game manager and more.

BUT what I like about the Bills offense is Spiller. He's the play maker that the Jets and Miami don't have. He can run for 1600 yards this year. They are going to use him and he's going to work. The Jets/Miami offenses are a very good bet to suck.

I like betting on fight or flight teams, like the Jets in this instance, but I think CJ Spiller could be the difference maker in this race. Either way I'd be shocked of any of these 3 teams made the playoffs.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Buffalo I would think

All very weak including Pats

C-Gold

The Patriots are beatable. They aren't entitled to their division. People think they are invincible. They went 7-9 one year after one of their super bowls. The problem is that their division is very weak. Miami is a very overrated team. Jets offensive skilled position player are a joke.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

this isn't even debateable. Its Miami. Buffalo starting a question mark rookie QB and their season will likely depend on how CJ Spiller runs the ball. The jets obviously not even in the discussion

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    this isn't even debateable. Its Miami. Buffalo starting a question mark rookie QB and their season will likely depend on how CJ Spiller runs the ball. The jets obviously not even in the discussion
    how do you figure buffalo is in discussion but not the jets? doesn't make any fukin sense

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

change your avatar btw

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    EJ Manuel played in 2 preseason games. He had work done on his knee and is questionable for week 1. Do you think the coach is just going to toss in this rookie running QB with a gimpy knee that hasn't been practicing in week 1? Part of the Buffalo prediction is Kolb starting.

Kolb has had success in the league before, but hasn't played much.
    Tannehill hasn't successfully run an NFL offense before
    Sanchez has no help and Geno is worse than him.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

New England is the #2 team behind Miami.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave Mr KLC 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Easy to say that, would you bet it?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Yes

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    change your avatar btw
    not happening

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Odds on miami to win the div have been dropping all summer long.

Miami/ bears and rams 3 possible surprise div winners.

YungCiroq
    YungCiroq's Avatar Become A Pro!

1 Dolphins 2 Pats 3 Bills 4 Jets