Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9422

Colts will not repeat

Typical post-Super Bowl hangover will hit them, just like Pitt and Seattle this season. I'd even say they might not make the playoffs next season. Manning will be less motivated, and all the young players who helped the Colts this year won't even be ready to play after months of celebration. Dungy won't push them hard enough to repeat.

The usual weak division the Colts play in will be better, with Jax solid and Tennessee improved. Even Houston should be better. Colts only went 3-3 in the division this season, losing all three road games.

If they are 12-13 on the over/under win side, I'd think under is a solid play.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they don't win the division.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Going to need to see what they address on defense. I know they played their hearts out in the playoffs, but we know they still have problems.

Its hard to repeat in this day and age of the NFL.

Currently the Chargers are favored to win next years Superbowl.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9422

They did get a perfect draw in the playoffs.

KC (and Herm's awful game planning) in Round 1
    Baltimore and its non-existent offense in Round 2
    NE at least in the dome, and they played great to rally and win
    Chicago and its lousy QB in the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Going to need to see what they address on defense. I know they played their hearts out in the playoffs, but we know they still have problems.

Its hard to repeat in this day and age of the NFL.

Currently the Chargers are favored to win next years Superbowl.

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

With Freeney and June both up for free agency, I do see the upcoming season a major challenge for them. And I think that even Phodes will test the market esp after a big game in the SB.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

This IS a betting forum. Let's get down to business. Throw up some numbers. I don't like having discussions like this about making claims without defining your buy/sell odds. I'll pull some out of my ass to give some examples.

First off, I think all 32 teams have a chance. Face it, we're back to square 1, and everyone is zero and zero. That said, let's roll up our sleeves and try to guess what Pinny will hang for 2007-08 season odds to win the Super Bowl. (Maybe they're already up. I dunno.)

Colts +800. (These are my 'true' odds. I bet they open more like +500 because everyone will have a boner for an Indy repeat, driving the price down.)

Pats +600 (IMO, the Pats are the team to beat next year. They basically beat the Colts if not for some nasty bad breaks. Plus, they have a psychological edge over the Chargers and will beat them again in the playoffs.)

Bears/Seahawks/Eagles/Saints +1200: These are the big 3 in the NFC, and I put them all about equal right now. Whoever gets hot next year could be the team, but that's a long way away and a lot can happen before then.

Ravens/Chargers +1000: I'm still not convinced that McNair/Rivers have the same pedigree as Brady/Manning, and in the tough AFC, you've got to have the nuts at QB right now to run through a buzzsaw of tough teams.

Jax/Pits/KC/Den/NYJ +2000: I'm kinda not sure on these teams. They all have what it takes, but there's a lot of questions to be asked about these teams.

I'll stop here, but just start tossing out some numbers, guys. It's kinda moronic to say Indy won't repeat, because there's a chance that they can. Tell us what kind of chance.

Razz

OK slacker, totally off the top of my head, here would be the odds I would give:

Chargers +500
    Patriots +750
    Colts +750
    Bengals +1000
    Jaguars +1000
    Ravens +1500
    Panthers +1500
    Giants +1500
    Eagles +1500
    Steelers +1500
    Saints +1500
    Packers +2000
    Broncos +2000
    Bears +2000
    Seahawks +2500
    Cardinals +3000
    Dolphins +3000
    Redskins +3500
    Titans +3500
    Jets +4000
    Chiefs +4000

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Thanks Razz. I'll buy the Seahawks at +2500.

Razz

Yeah, I'm probably underestimating them because I think Sue Alexander's career is basically over. Maybe she'll prove me wrong.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew
    Typical post-Super Bowl hangover will hit them, just like Pitt and Seattle this season. I'd even say they might not make the playoffs next season.
    Your out of your mind dude... If you think they won't make the playoffs next year then you are crazy... Super Bowl hangover or not, all of the offense is back, they will put the Franchise Tag on Freeney, June will come back... Bob Sanders has definitely proved that he is in the top 5 best defenders in the NFL... Manning will not let this team fail... He only settles for excellence... The Colts WILL BE A CONTENDER next season! They may not win it again, but you can damn sure bet that they will win 11-13 games next year and make another strong run at it! You can count on it!

cashflow50
    cashflow50's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06
    Your out of your mind dude... If you think they won't make the playoffs next year then you are crazy... Super Bowl hangover or not, all of the offense is back, they will put the Franchise Tag on Freeney, June will come back... Bob Sanders has definitely proved that he is in the top 5 best defenders in the NFL... Manning will not let this team fail... He only settles for excellence... The Colts WILL BE A CONTENDER next season! They may not win it again, but you can damn sure bet that they will win 11-13 games next year and make another strong run at it! You can count on it!

I second the motion. This is a team with special leaders. Peyton and T. Dungy will keep the team them clicking for another run at it. Peyton is IMO the only quarterback that studies hard towards opposing teams. He prepares hard..dont you guys get it. Im a truly Raider Fan by heart, but the colts won my heart this season.
    Last edited by cashflow50; 02-06-07 at 05:08 PM.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

won't repeat? probably.

won't make playoffs?

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i would take bears 20-1 for sure