onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Good news for the NFC North

Brett Favre is coming back for his 17th season. That means the Packers wont be worth a crap next year. Looks like the Bears will win the North again unless Detriot can figure things out and Minnesota can improve.

Should of retired Brett.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

7 TDs to break Marino's TD record, 3862 passing yards for his yardage record. TDs should be easy... yards should be fun to see.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

He will get the touchdowns along with more interceptions, but I really dont think he comes close to the yardage.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

How do you define close?

He hasn't thrown for less than 3880 last 3 years.

Hasn't thrown for less then 3200... ever.

He'll get within 500 of it without a doubt... picks and all.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Packers may be the team to beat in the NFC next season, as crazy as that sounds.

bside
    bside's Avatar Become A Pro!

that sounds pretty crazy

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    The Packers may be the team to beat in the NFC next season, as crazy as that sounds.
    I had a hunch that you were, but that just proves it to me, that your crazy.

Razz

C'mon guys, I gave everyone three darkhorse teams this season and two of them turned out to be the best two teams in the league (SD and Balty), even though they choked in the playoffs.
    Granted, what I am saying about the Packers could turn out like the third team I said would surprise people this season (Washington). But, I really, really like the Packers defense, and to me, the Packers were as good as anyone in the NFC down the stretch this season.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I agree with Razz.

In the NFC North, which QB would you pick for 2007 only, if you had to pick from these QBs?

Grossman/Griese/Ortman, Favre, B.Johnson/T.Jackson, J.Kitna

I think for 2007 only, Favre is the clear choice. Obviously, if I had to also think of the future seasons, I'd take a younger QB such as Grossman, who may still develop into a quality guy. But in the near term, I want the best guy right now and that's Favre. Of that group, Kitna is my second choice. Kitna has most of the tools that Favre has, except I like Favre's arm strength & heart a little more, even if Kitna is more consistent, IMO. Grossman would be a distant 3rd on my list. I might even take McCown 3rd.

Flamers
    Flamers's Avatar Become A Pro!

who cares about the NFC north. how about the NFC northeast?

they got better qb's. so says jimmy the goose!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Razz,

Have you been adding some Absolut to your orange juice lately? The Packers will not finish ahead of the Bears next season, and what basis do you have for saying they were one of the better teams in the NFC down the stretch? Now I admit I am doing this from memory, but I remember them getting waxed at home by the J-E-T-S, barely nipping a dead Minnesota team at home, and I put aboslutely (Absolut-ly?) nothing into their season ending win at Chicago as that was nothing more than an exhibition game for the Bears. I do not recall them beating a quality team in a meaningful game down the stretch.

Razz

They won their last four games, two as an underdog. They had injuries on defense all year, but when they got to be healthy, they had as good a defense as anyone. They only gave up 19, 9, 7 (on a pick-6), and 7 points the last four games.
    The Bears didn't rest anybody in that last game, either.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Razz,

Yes but consider the opposition: Vikes, Lions, 49ers and an indifferent Bears team. The Bears may not have rested anyone, but it sure looked like they didn't give a damn, especially on New Year's Eve.

And I seem to be in the minority here as I think Favre returning is a NEGATIVE, as he may throw even more picks than usual (if THAT is possible) chasing the passing records.

Don't worry, I still love you boo!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I really don't understand how anyone can objectively consider Favre a hack at this point in his career. Is he really that much different than the Favre that won the Super Bowl? I don't think so. Sure, he's maybe a little slower & less nimble, but he's still a HOF guy and he's proven his durability more this season than any other season he's played. I honestly don't think he cares about whatever records he might break. He cares about wins. Even more, the core of this team is very strong right now and getting stronger. The direction for this team is nowhere but UP right now.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00
    I really don't understand how anyone can objectively consider Favre a hack at this point in his career. Is he really that much different than the Favre that won the Super Bowl? I don't think so. Sure, he's maybe a little slower & less nimble, but he's still a HOF guy and he's proven his durability more this season than any other season he's played. I honestly don't think he cares about whatever records he might break. He cares about wins. Even more, the core of this team is very strong right now and getting stronger. The direction for this team is nowhere but UP right now.
    I'd certainly take him over Rex Grossman, Tavaris Jackson, or Jon Kitna.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I watched a lot of GB's games...and they are not bad at all and much better than i expected. I agree with Razz, this is a team that should be in the playoffs next year and with Favre, anything can happen.