Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Matt Barkley may make a lot of people wish they drafted him

I know it's early in preseason but this kid looks dam good. He doesn't seem afraid of the moment and is making throws guys with many years in the league can't make. He would have probably been the third pick in the draft last year after Luck and RGIII. Instead he dropped to the 4th round. Can he beat out Foles??? I think so. Can he move into a starting role when Vick get's injured like he always does?

I can tell a baller when I see one. Barkley can sling the rock.

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

100%. His critiques were mostly related to arm strength coming out. If you're the GM of a team without a QB and you passed on this kid in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, sepiku

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

he dropped to the 4th round
    NFL franchises are tired of getting burned taking USC QBs too high.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    NFL franchises are tired of getting burned taking USC QBs too high.
    That's like saying we shouldn't draft a black QB because they have a glass ceiling and don't ever win super bowls.

Coming into last year a lot of people had Barkley as the consensus #1 pick. He had a bad Senior season but a lot of that had to do with the team. The QB gets too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses. Barkley has a real chance to be good.

He's smart and he was a top recruit out of high school too and played well as a Freshman at USC.