Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Madden NFL 07 Super Bowl Forecast

Electronic Arts ran a simulation for Sunday's game. I've been tracking these EA simulation games and the results have been very good; I'd say 70% to 80% accuracy rate. You guys betting on the Bears and/or the Under may want to think twice. EA has the Colts winning 38 to 27. Here is the link if you want to analyze the matchup:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print...222&type=story

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4543

Interesting. If they hit 70% to 80%. Im buying a PS3 (Plan to anyway) ,Madden 08 and running sims every week. Hell, maybe even get NCAA Football 08 and do the same.

Wonder if it works for hoops too? Pucks?

Wouldnt that be something if we could get even 60% winners out of simulation of video games everyday. They are getting more real and more like the real game as far as player skills in the game, so why couldnt it produce a good percentage?

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i make all my picks based on ps2 simulations

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by goldengoat
    i make all my picks based on ps2 simulations
    I wouldn't be surprised if oddsmakers use video game simulations to come up with a line.

Milkin' it Slowly
    Milkin' it Slowly's Avatar Become A Pro!

In the sim what was the weather like and who was the half time act...Bet it wasn't prince... 38 - 28, thats kind of irrational...or maybe not....!
    Last edited by Milkin' it Slowly; 02-03-07 at 01:22 AM.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

38-27 seems possible, if the Bears can jump out to a big lead early(Payton throws a pick-6). If the Colts get a lead early, I don't think the Bears will put up 27 points. Remember, that the Chicago defense/special teams will have to score half of whatever points Chicago gets. If the Colts get up 10-0, Chicago might have to abandon their trump card, the run game, and I don't see Rex shredding the Indy secondary.

Chicago took the lead for the first time in the third quarter as the Bears moved 73 yards in just five plays, with Grossman finding Muhsin Muhammad from 23 yards away to give his team a 20-17 lead.
    Grossman leading a go-ahead drive capped with a passing touchdown? I don't see it. It's possible, but not likely.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

will/does same result occur if ran under multiple simulations?