imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

imgv Superbowl Selection

Already have
    Colts +135 to win SB
    and
    Bears ML ending in a parlay paying +581..

2* UNDER 48 -110
    Alot of sharp people I know are on this and I'm going to jump on board. I'm taking the under for a few reasons. Rex Grossman and the Bears offense relies on the big play and the Colts defense although soft doesn't give up the big play. Colts defense may of given up 34 points to New England but that is misleading IMO cause Colts/Pats games are usually high scoring considering both teams know each other well.

These two teams don't know each other that well so there will likely be a lot of experimenting and feeling each other out.

I honestly believe the Colts defense has improved quite a bit and I don't see the Bears scoring much here especially with Rex Grossman at the helms. I'm expecting a lot of 3 and outs on both sides and a low final score..

Bears 13
    Colts 21

1* COIN TOSS: TAILS -102
    It's all instinct...

Good luck everyone.. Hope you enjoy the game!!

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

imgv, I don't know about tails for the coin toss; Dolphin Stadium is a natural grass surface and it might be raining.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

imgv94, I think you're final score has a lot of potential. I think the Colts cover the 7 & the score stays low.

My heart says the Colts win this thing in a blowout. It's gonna be one of those old fashioned Super Bowl routes we haven't seen in a while. One team is simply outmatched, and during the regular season, Colts by 7 or even 5 is probably the right line. But this is the Super Bowl. If the Colts get up by 10, the Bears are going to have to let Grossman chuck it, and that could get nasty, trust me. Grossman tossing a couple pick 6's and suddenly it's a 4 score game and the Colts don't let off the gas on offense, much less on Defense where they play best with a lead and can play like there's no tomorrow, because there really isn't. It's the Super Bowl. The only way the Colts don't cover the 7 is if the Colts get down 21-3 again and have to do what they did against the Pats. It could happen either way, but the Colts still cover more than their fair share. Then again, I'm completely debunking an outright Bears victory. I don't think the Bears defense is any better than the Patriots or the Ravens. Even more, Grossman isn't Tom Brady. Hell, Grossman isn't even McNair.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

As with Slacker, I have huge bias here as I am a lifetime Colts fan and worked for them in high school as a ballboy! The players all called me Tiger Woods cuz I am a scratch handicap golfer and I took money on the course from a lot of them... The coolest thing out of all of it was catching punts for Hunter Smith as the dome is shaking and they are doing the player intros... My two best friends, their Dad's name is Hunter Smith as well, and he has been the head trainer of the Colts since they were in Baltimore! My buddies have worked for the Florida State football team for the last 5 years and one of them has held Coach Bowden's headset for the last 2 years! I rarely tell people of this opportunity that I had because I am not into bragging... However, I thought a few of you might find it cool! This is why this means soo much to me! I have got the chills many times this week and last thinking that the Colts are actually playing in the Super Bowl... I was at the New England game and was overjoyed that we made it to SB 41 and it has sunk in, but until I see that first kickoff and all of the flashbulbs go off I won't believe it!

Anyways, I truly believe this is the year that the Colts win the Super Bowl... I am sticking with my story about my roomate being a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan... Neither one of us had got to witness our team take the title... The Cardinals struggle and limp into the playoffs and everyone is counting them out... THEY WIN THE WORLD SERIES! The Colts struggled going into the playoffs going 3-4 in their last 7 games... Everyone was counting us out even before we played Kansas City, citing how pourous our run defense was... THEY WON THE SUPERBOWL! This is my story and I'm sticking to it! This game is not all about Manning getting the monkey off of his back... This is about a franchise that has been great for the NFL and is due to hoist the Lombardi trophy on February 4th, 2007! The Colts WILL WIN on sunday! I am not into predicting final scores, but the colts WILL WIN the Super Bowl!

Let's Go Horse!

There will be plenty of these consumed on Sunday!

Last edited by Peyton2MarvinN06; 02-02-07 at 01:42 PM.

imgv94

slacker and peyton those were some solid posts.. I really hope the Colts do it for ya guys!!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    slacker and peyton those were some solid posts.. I really hope the Colts do it for ya guys!!
    Since you have a parlay ending with a Bears ML that pays +581, Id hope you would want the Bears to win. Unless you have more wagered on the Colts to win the Super Bowl.

Either way you win, but Id want the most winnings possible.

imgv94

It's about the same amount actually a little more to the Colts..

I hope Manning gets his ring really..

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    It's about the same amount actually a little more to the Colts..

I hope Manning gets his ring really..
    Cool.

Only way I can play the Super Bowl is with the Colts. But at -6.5 and pending a solid weather report. But I have a feeling I will just pass on the game.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

nice work on the -102 tails for coin flip
    I _always_ go tails .... you'd have to think about it as to why:>

I still don't agree with paying .02 on a 50/50 prop, but if you're going to bet it, that's as good of value as you can get.
    GL, there's a LOT more people on heads than tails while I was downtown vegas tonight line-shopping for value.

...There's not a whole lot of value out there, but that's amongst the best I've seen with the vig.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

chicago +7
    under 48

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by AC1318
    chicago +7
    under 48
    Am I the only one that feels like when playing the bears, parlaying the over isn't a bad idea?

The Bears have given up 20+ points in 5 of their last 6 games, the only exception coming against the Saints IN THE SNOW. There is no reason, in my opinion, to assume that Peyton won't get his.

I think the Colts are capible of holding the Bears down, but it will come down to big plays on the Bears' side. How many mistakes can they force the Colts offense to make? How many times can they exploit the defense? If they can do either of these enough, they can win the game. And to win the game, I think they are going to need about 28 points.

I could be way off here, But I personally think that those playing the Bears should tack on the "over". I'm not seeing the 17 - 10 final I've seen some people predicting.

imgv94

McBain where you been my man?

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10515

Just figured out how to get you out of the slump.I will take the bears and over thus guarenteeing success for you.You know my plays lately in football quite frankly suck,so I will fade you to victory.GL

Milkin' it Slowly
    Milkin' it Slowly's Avatar Become A Pro!

Teaser....5 units

bears
    13.5+

under

Hit manning, Colts are done....

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Looks like showers tomorrow in Miami. That sucks because I like Grossman to do well. The under may come down a bit because of the rain so ,maybe I will hit the over.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31
    Am I the only one that feels like when playing the bears, parlaying the over isn't a bad idea?

The Bears have given up 20+ points in 5 of their last 6 games, the only exception coming against the Saints IN THE SNOW. There is no reason, in my opinion, to assume that Peyton won't get his.

I think the Colts are capible of holding the Bears down, but it will come down to big plays on the Bears' side. How many mistakes can they force the Colts offense to make? How many times can they exploit the defense? If they can do either of these enough, they can win the game. And to win the game, I think they are going to need about 28 points.

I could be way off here, But I personally think that those playing the Bears should tack on the "over". I'm not seeing the 17 - 10 final I've seen some people predicting.
    You may be right I originally chose the over but after reveiwing a few things I changed my mind. One thing I know for sure is I am going with chicago +7.
    I am still undecided about the total over seemed like the right play just not 100% sure.
    on 2 occasions chi won 27-24, and 31-17 tying and going over 48, over is 5-3 for these two squads but over 48 is 2-5-1 with the colts winning one game by a score of 41-10

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

That game of 41-10 happens today. I like Manning to finally win it.

imgv94

2* Colts ML -140