PaCKeRMaN
    PaCKeRMaN's Avatar Become A Pro!

Total Points scored and who Will Win

Hey guys,

Im new to this kind of stuff. I have notice there are som smart people involved in handicap betting. So my qustion is How may points will be scored and who will win?

I know this sounds noobish but it is. So any advice3 you guys can give me, that would be great.

Thanks,

Packer

Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

Quote Originally Posted by PaCKeRMaN
    Hey guys,

Im new to this kind of stuff. I have notice there are som smart people involved in handicap betting. So my qustion is How may points will be scored and who will win?

I know this sounds noobish but it is. So any advice3 you guys can give me, that would be great.

Thanks,

Packer
    The current spread is about 6½ and the current total is about 48.

As such I'd say Indy 27, Bears 21 is probably a decent enough quickie estimate.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Hey Ganchrow, have an opinion man!

Bears 24, Colts 23

Gould pulls a Vinatieri and wins this with a field goal as time expires. The Colts kick themselves for settling for three field goals as the Bears defense continuously stiffened deep in its territory.

PaCKeRMaN

Well I have chosen the colts to win taken a 45 pts scored total. Does this sound good?

Also thinks for some of your opions.

Packer

LT Profits

PacMan,

Well it depends on the rules of your contest. If it is a case where you pick the winner and whoever comes closest to the points wins, then I would take a figure that is further away from the posted total on this game. When you take a figure close to the posted total as you have, you virtually have to nail the total on the head to win it, as I am sure other guys would take 44 or 46.

PaCKeRMaN

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits
    PacMan,

Well it depends on the rules of your contest. If it is a case where you pick the winner and whoever comes closest to the points wins, then I would take a figure that is further away from the posted total on this game. When you take a figure close to the posted total as you have, you virtually have to nail the total on the head to win it, as I am sure other guys would take 44 or 46.

This is pretty much how it worked. Except it was a point base through the playoffs. (Ex. wildcard games were 2pts and division games. 4pts for championship games and 8 for the super bowl.) As of now there are 6 people tied for 1st I know of at least 2 chosing the different so that would leave 3 others that might pick the colts. Lt what would you do in this situation?

Please Advise,

Packer.

LT Profits

If you like the Colts, you would imagine it would be a higher scoring game. So I would take a shot with a higher total of say 52 or so. That could give you some leeway in terms of not needing to nail total exacly to come closest.

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits
    Hey Ganchrow, have an opinion man!

Bears 24, Colts 23

Gould pulls a Vinatieri and wins this with a field goal as time expires. The Colts kick themselves for settling for three field goals as the Bears defense continuously stiffened deep in its territory.
    I agree 200% with you.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have the Bears winning 27-23

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I think the Colts will win and cover. I've been wavering on the total. My initial pick was to take the Under and then I started leaning towards the Over. Now I'm leaning back towards the Under because of the weather forecast.