john49ers
    john49ers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rolling with Saints because .....

just for the fact that the giants are.....

NY Giants are 17-2 ATS in their last 19 games on the road
    NY Giants are 19-3 SU in their last 22 games on the road

Giants got injuries on D I think the saints off weapons will take advantage giants depth could only carry them so far

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't understand how your Giants stats support your Saints pick.

rick_213
    rick_213's Avatar Become A Pro!

ya that really makes no sense...unless you are trying to say they are due for a loss ATS..but still

john49ers

lol just the fact road teams never do this good and there going against team that is very good at home

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I like the fact that the Saints were off a week to prepare for the Giants. These good teams that have bye have an advantage when they are at home on top of that. The Saints are favored by -3 for a reason because the Bookmaker thinks that they are the better team. I have friends that like the Giants in this one and I told them the same thing that the Saints are a good play because they are favored on the Giants at home. That crowd is going to be fired up also and those dome crowds sure can make an awful lot of noise.

kompulsive
    kompulsive's Avatar Become A Pro!

...today's lesson, don't base your picks off of the stats available via Bodgo's "Match-up" link...

john49ers

i dont its very rare for a team to do that good on the road there getting a really good home team it time for giants to slip its simple and if giants win then they win

RJ89
    RJ89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1741

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    I like the fact that the Saints were off a week to prepare for the Giants. These good teams that have bye have an advantage when they are at home on top of that. The Saints are favored by -3 for a reason because the Bookmaker thinks that they are the better team. I have friends that like the Giants in this one and I told them the same thing that the Saints are a good play because they are favored on the Giants at home. That crowd is going to be fired up also and those dome crowds sure can make an awful lot of noise.

I don't think that having a bye week will help the Saints that much. The Giants just played the Raiders and that is essentially a bye week. And the Saints were on fire before the bye week and can't play that much better even with the week off. I like the Saints -3 in this game, but for different reasons (Eli Manning cough overated cough.) Oh and if the game was in NY the line would probably be -3 the other way.

Nickelicious
    Nickelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

Even though both of these teams have solid defenses, I'm convinced that one of these offenses is going to light up the scoreboard, which means I don't think the point spread is going to be a huge factor on Sunday. The Saints could win 31-17 or the Giants could win by the same score.

But I am on the Saints. I think the bye week and the home field advantage gives them a better chance of coming out strong and finishing even stronger.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Actually, in this case, the Saints ATS record from the start of the 2008-09 season up to this week is only slightly less impressive than the Giants:

Giants: 16-4-1
    Saints: 14-5-1

*From: covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/statistics/2009-2010/statistics_regular.html

Arbitrarily assigning a time frame allows you to "prove" a lot of things with trends, but the numbers get published a lot because bettors love seeing them. I don't really like using trends as a reason to bet because they don't really tell you the full story.

Nickel is right on the mark about this game potentially going either way. I elected to play a small amount on the Giants because of the ML value. I predict a final score decided by at least 10 points.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 10-18-09 at 03:13 AM.

Nickelicious
    Nickelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

Yeah, Giants ML value. Hadn't considered that. It does appear tempting.

Well, it would have if I wasn't already on the Saints with the spread. GL suicidekings.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Nickelicious View Post
    GL suicidekings.
    And to you as well.

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

ATS history is an overrated stat

I am on the Saints too but... a lot of the reasons mentioned here are no value added.

jerseykingpin
    jerseykingpin's Avatar Become A Pro!

everybody saying the giants are due to fall but the same thing can besaid about the saints there so such thing as a team is do in gambling any team can win at any time 1 bad play games over

Voodoo2Child
    Voodoo2Child's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eli Manning: 5-1 in a dome
    I'm a huge Giants fan but I think Eli's a pussy in general, just not strong enough to throw the ball in any wind or weather (ie: Eagles playoff game last year) but don't bet against him in a dome
    Saints defense has been good against the run so far, but they've gotten out to a lot of early leads so I think their stats are deceptive. I think Brandon Jacobs runs all over them making the Giants money-line the best pick this week

Jones10
    Jones10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3152

Brandon Lang has a 100 dimer on the G-men....

Poker_Beast
    Poker_Beast's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17795

Giants +3 and teased to +9

blanc0
    blanc0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

big giants fan here ..
    very iffy about this game though coz of the many injuries the G-men are dealing with.
    so to be a little more confident about my play i teased em to +10.5 together with philly -7

game of the year so far imo

GO GIANTS!