Wojo
    Wojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9513

Broncos are the best, then KC. Chargers will suck and the Raiders will suck even more.

Oakland is still trying to recover from the horrendous management of Al Davis.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

Looks like a 6-10 season for Chiefs to me.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by EASports View Post
    Alex Smith adds nothing to that team. He played on a loaded team, and had a coach who extracted every ounce of talent that Smith had to offer. The best thing that happened to Smith was getting that concussion, and being benched. He was having a solid year so far, and was able convert that into a big offseason contract. If Smith plays out the remainder of last year, the 49ers don't make it to the Super Bowl.
    well said bro

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I've been screaming this, all Andy Reid does is win.
    Andy Reid's record is 69-65 as a head coach since the 2005 season

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Going nowhere over 8-8 I think. Not sold on the Smith\Reid combo and their "best" receiver is a #2 on most teams. Reid does not run the ball so with a horse like Charles back there that should be interesting. I believe it was June Jones and that defense more than anything that carried those Eagle teams in their best years. The offense was never great just good.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    when you look at that roster.....i mean....the offensive line could be good to very good.....then theres charles.....you have bowe, baldwin, and mcluster(not as good....but could be something like thomas, decker, welker, if used right)....defensivley there are some players that could shine....you have alot of talent in tyson jackson(allegedly already a bust....but remember a guy like that doesnt have to post big numbers to be effective...think richard seymour)....poe, hali, derrick johnson....eric berry...brandon flowers....for a 2-14 team there is some talent there...so darkhorse fits the bill for me....andy reid is a good coach....his play calling is suspect at times though
    I'm not crazy about that offensive line at all, at least in the short term. They've got their highly drafted rookie RT in Fisher, who has huge potential but still very raw in terms of technique. Albert is ok at LT, but the middle of the line is suspicious, you've got a utility type Center in Hudson who has all of 2 starts under his belt, Schwartz at LG is a journeyman, Asamoah at RG is a holdover from last year's poor line and hasn't proven much.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Going nowhere over 8-8 I think. Not sold on the Smith\Reid combo and their "best" receiver is a #2 on most teams. Reid does not run the ball so with a horse like Charles back there that should be interesting. I believe it was June Jones and that defense more than anything that carried those Eagle teams in their best years. The offense was never great just good.
    I think you mean Jim Johnson and I agree he deserves much of the credit for the Eagles success during Reid's tenure. Just look at the downward spiral the team took the last 3 years after Johnson passed. As an Eagles fan, I just have to say good riddance to Andy.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

some quack at CBS writes an article and everyone at SBR drinks cool-aid; nothing to see here.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Foxx ur right I was trying to remember his name and too tired to look it up last night. I think you agree tho Reid is a bit over-rated and Smith has proven to be nothing more than a solid game manager to this point. He should be given some slack for having 100 different head coaches and o-coordinators since being drafted but this whole thing I over-hyped a bit in my opinion.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

They'll win more games than last year, that's about it.

Wojo

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    They'll win more games than last year, that's about it.
    Way to go out on a limb with your prediction!

KC won 2 games last year. Odds are greatly in their favor they will win at least 4 games this season.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    The AFC sucks. Outside of Denver, Houston, NE, Baltimore someone else has to make the playoffs. Why not the Chiefs?
    I dare you to bet against the Colts

Wojo

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    What type of bet are you talking about?

I might take you up on it...

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
    What type of bet are you talking about?

I might take you up on it...
    just saying i dare that guy to bet against the Colts from week to week since he didn't name them as a threat to make the AFC playoffs... the year after they were a WC team when no one predicted them to win shit.... the team improved a lot in the off season, just wait and you will see.

Wojo

just saying i dare that guy to bet against the Colts from week to week since he didn't name them as a threat to make the AFC playoffs... the year after they were a WC team when no one predicted them to win shit.... the team improved a lot in the off season, just wait and you will see.
    Your post is one reason I will be looking to bet against the Colts, especially early in the season and possibly on their season wins.

Last year was a great year. This year won't be anything close to the same.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Your post is one reason I will be looking to bet against the Colts, especially early in the season and possibly on their season wins.

Last year was a great year. This year won't be anything close to the same.
    have fun betting on the Raiders

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Way to go out on a limb with your prediction!

KC won 2 games last year. Odds are greatly in their favor they will win at least 4 games this season.
    He wasn't trying to "go out on a limb", K13 was just implying that the article overhypes the Chiefs. Me personally, I kind of like them, I agree that they would have been much better last year with just passable QB play (which they came nowhere near to getting), and while I also agree that Alex Smith is more of a game manager than a great quarterback, he is still light years better than what they had.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I like the Colts, but their schedule is tougher and they luck boxed a few games last year. Not even sure I'd put the Ravens over the Colts, but give them the benefit of the doubt due to their consistency. My point is that the AFC is down. You can take about 12 teams in the NFC and drop them in the AFC and they would be playoff teams. Take the Colts and put them in the NFC would they be a playoff team? It'd be close, but probably not.

Wojo

I believe the odds are greater for the Colts to have a losing season against the spread than for them to be a winning ATS team.

It was a great season last year. QB Luck had a great year. I don't know of any book that has "who makes the playoffs" wagers, but I would consider the Colts to miss the playoffs before I would for them to make the playoffs. Just my opinion.

k13

Steelers will be in the playoffs. People forget about them. Lost 5 games by 3 points and they were banged up all year.

They beat the "champs" on the road with Charlie Batch.

k13

William Hill has over 7 (-110) if you guys like the Chiefs.....

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I like the Colts, but their schedule is tougher and they luck boxed a few games last year. Not even sure I'd put the Ravens over the Colts, but give them the benefit of the doubt due to their consistency. My point is that the AFC is down. You can take about 12 teams in the NFC and drop them in the AFC and they would be playoff teams. Take the Colts and put them in the NFC would they be a playoff team? It'd be close, but probably not.
    winning close games and making comebacks is not luck... and the point differential for the season is just because of that, when the Colts won... it was a close win because they had a bad D so they weren't shutting anyone out. they got ran over on the road a few times.

the Colts played 5 games last year vs playoff teams and went 3-2... compare that to the other AFC teams who made the playoffs last year. for example, the Pats went 3-3 last year vs playoff teams.

love that the Colts are going to surprise everyone again.... team plays with the most heart and desire to win, that's why they get the most out of their players all-around and that's why they got so much out of so many rookies last year

Wojo

TopMoron,
    What's your prediction for how many games the Colts win this year?

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Interesting news from CBS....not buying it though..

Wojo

If you believe in the Colts and don't believe in the Chiefs, then you can get the Colts +1 in Week 16 at Kansas City.

Available at the M Resort in Las Vegas.

First 12