Sports Cruncher
    Sports Cruncher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Some graphical/numerical handicapping tools I've made

***Some of the links aren't working correctly, but you can click on the right sidebar to get to them once on the site***

For a fun quick look or more in depth matchup analysis, free to enjoy or use.

Which offenses or defenses are trending hot or cold?

How do offenses match up versus opposing defenses this week?

Want to know which players started at each position along with their depth chart position for each week so far?

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about these.
    Last edited by Sports Cruncher; 10-14-09 at 07:09 PM.

Indecent
    Indecent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1156

There certainly is a lot to digest in there! Thanks for posting it!

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you Todd Beck?

Sports Cruncher

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Are you Todd Beck?
    Nope, he's the fine gent who runs thepredictiontracker where I've done well over the last few years, though!

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

holy crap....I think I had a minor seizure when I opened one of those links....lots of info, trying to digest..

whats with all the colors

Flight
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Cruncher View Post
    Nope, he's the fine gent who runs thepredictiontracker where I've done well over the last few years, though!
    But he lets you post tools on his website? You said you wrote these tools?

Sports Cruncher

More seizure inducing than Japanese cartoons, it's true! lol The colors are all coded for quick visualizations that help you digest the numbers. Blue is for a higher than NFL average frequency for the play run/defensed, while yellow is for lower than average. Green is for higher than average results on yards per play (so green is good for offenses, bad for defenses), which means red is for below average yards per play run/defensed. I've also included matchup points to show mismatches that pass a certain threshold of frequency and projected success or lack thereof. So even if a team is projected to do well in one category they may not get a matchup point if the average number of times they run or defend the play combined with the opponent's frequency for defending/running the play falls below a threshold I've set a certain amount below league average, so that points aren't awarded for something a team hasn't done very often or defended very often.

Flight
    Update your status

Do you subscribe to his service? Or do you just track the computer rankings here?

Sports Cruncher

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    But he lets you post tools on his website? You said you wrote these tools?
    His site is to track the performance of lines that handicappers who generate their lines with computers make for all games each week -- just sides, not totals. So no, the things I post on my site are not on his. My lines for all sides are posted there Sunday morning.