Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jets are only -2.5? is that a joke?

Cmon....Miami is not good, the beat the shit our of Buffalo...big deal Buffalo lost at home to Cleveland today for god sakes.

There are currently 2 one win teams who have gotten their only win against a sorry Buffalo team, and now the Jets are only 2.5 point favorites?

This can't be for real

djlevine
    djlevine's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agreed with you at first, but these AFC east games are usually a dogfight, jerricho's status is up in the air for NYJ (even after acquiring Edwards), and Ronnie Brown is always a threat. I'd still go NYJ perhaps, haven't seen how they behave w/o Stuckey

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's no way this line should be so low. Far too much respect being given to home field here. I'm putting 4 units on the Jets.

iLogan
    Go Steelers!
    iLogan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Should be somewhat of a close game, but gotta take the Jets to cover also to go over 36 points
    Last edited by iLogan; 10-11-09 at 11:05 PM.

Sweatyguido
    Sweatyguido's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 463

need mia +8.5 and over 29 to win my 7 point, 6 team teaser

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

These two teams are ground based teams. They both operate their offense by rushing, also their qb starters are both rookie. Sanchez seems to be a better rookie qb at now. I go with Jet -2.5 and leaning under 36.5

aframe247
    aframe247's Avatar Become A Pro!

I initially thought why such a easy to call line? Are we over thinking it? I did the same thing today for the colts game. Is it really a gift? Majority money is on the Jets and the over...is the public right on this?

GatorFan

Well, the line sets Jets -2.5 is reasonable. Because last week Jets lost 10-24 to NO and Fins smashed Buf 38-10, also the Fins closely lost to a top team Indy at home only by 4 points (23-27).

Because of Jet lost and Fins won last week, It makes a great line at -2.5 for the Jets backers, and I am one of them. Let go Jets.

aframe247

I would have to agree with you. What do you think of the MNF over trend? I'm thinking under but I shoot myself everytime playing a under on Monday night when I know the right play over the long run would be the over? Jets D shut them out or what? Such a low total make me wonder if it is a trap.

GatorFan

I am leaning to under as well since it expects to be a running game and solid defense for both sides. However, their starter qbs are rookie who could throw some picks that will f*ck up the under. for now I just go with the Jets -2.5 and won't touch the total

Intuitive_Edge
    Bi-Winning +EV
    Intuitive_Edge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

It opened at a PK which is even more ironic. I mean come on.. this line smells funny beyond belief.

GatorFan

I personally don't think Jets -2.5 is a trap. I expect it will be a classic low score game and the Jets pulls out by a field goal.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

MIA +125 sorry guys.

aframe247

@gatorfan
    Ya after tonights colts game I am not going to allow the books line movement and plays to mix up my plays when we know what the play should be. Somtimes it's a gift. I see no reason not taking the jets. They should bounce back and is clearly the better team. Just like the colts were over the titans.

GatorFan

Quote Originally Posted by aframe247 View Post
    @gatorfan
    Ya after tonights colts game I am not going to allow the books line movement and plays to mix up my plays when we know what the play should be. Somtimes it's a gift. I see no reason not taking the jets. They should bounce back and is clearly the better team. Just like the colts were over the titans.
    You got it. Yeah playing with your gut and confidence.

GatorFan

It's no joke babe. Let go Jets